PDA

View Full Version : Gotta brag on Lee

JuliettDeltaGolf
09-06-2022, 06:27 AM
Some love 'em, some hate 'em- some are in between like me. Some of their stuff is like a kit for a tinkerer, and often the instructions are incomplete. But anyhow, I'm rebuilding a basket case Loadmaster, and ordered a boatload of parts. For anyone who doesn't know, most of Lee's parts ring up free once they are in your online cart, you just pay shipping. Quite nice I must say. Anyhow, after placing my large order early in the morning a few days ago, I got a call from a nice lady at Lee around lunchtime the same day- and it wad because she saw I ordered free part "x" and wanted to make sure I didn't need another free part that usually goes with "x". I was impressed. They had nothing to gain from that call, other than impressing a customer lol. But, I did wind up adding a different $6 item to the order that I had remembered so...:-P

Electrod47
09-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Some love 'em, some hate 'em- some are in between like me. Some of their stuff is like a kit for a tinkerer, and often the instructions are incomplete. But anyhow, I'm rebuilding a basket case Loadmaster, and ordered a boatload of parts. For anyone who doesn't know, most of Lee's parts ring up free once they are in your online cart, you just pay shipping. Quite nice I must say. Anyhow, after placing my large order early in the morning a few days ago, I got a call from a nice lady at Lee around lunchtime the same day- and it wad because she saw I ordered free part "x" and wanted to make sure I didn't need another free part that usually goes with "x". I was impressed. They had nothing to gain from that call, other than impressing a customer lol. But, I did wind up adding a different $6 item to the order that I had remembered so...:-P
I share your experience with Lee and keep a stash of spare parts for all my different types (6) of my Lee press's, permanently set up. All of the 12 calibers I currently load have their own turret heads permanently set up. All due to Lee's affordability. They all work with RCBS dies also, when I couldn't find a Lee. Started with the little box loader for .38 in 1976, Then .223, ,308, 12ga, etc ( wish I kept them ) Wife No. 3 sold them at a yard sale for 5.00.....Errrrrrr....Wife No. 4 knows better.

dverna
09-06-2022, 11:38 AM
I share your experience with Lee and keep a stash of spare parts for all my different types (6) of my Lee press's, permanently set up. All of the 12 calibers I currently load have their own turret heads permanently set up. All due to Lee's affordability. They all work with RCBS dies also, when I couldn't find a Lee. Started with the little box loader for .38 in 1976, Then .223, ,308, 12ga, etc ( wish I kept them ) Wife No. 3 sold them at a yard sale for 5.00.....Errrrrrr....Wife No. 4 knows better.

After four wives, Lee stuff would be all I could afford...LOL.

BLAHUT
09-06-2022, 12:10 PM
After 4 wives, lee stuf is all i would want??

deces
09-06-2022, 08:31 PM
You might want to get your Loadmaster parts while you still can, it's being discontinued.

JuliettDeltaGolf
09-07-2022, 07:54 AM
That's what I hear. Don't they usually keep parts around for discontinued stuff though? I can't wait to get my hands on it's replacement- that Pro 6000.

deces
09-07-2022, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling that the Pro 6k will be a very nice press for the money.

Three44s
09-08-2022, 11:11 AM
After four wives, Lee stuff would be all I could afford...LOL.

LMAO!

Three44s

rondog
09-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Nearly everything I own and use is Lee, it all works fine and dandy for me and they've always done me right with the few problems I've had.

schutzen-jager
09-08-2022, 01:41 PM
just had a problem with .38 S&W carbide die sete - after getting someone to answer numerous phone attempts i was told that they would ship me part no charge , i had to pay shipping [ $9.34 for 2 ounce item from Wi. to NJ. ] - then was told they could not send it because Lee can not collect NJ sales tax + to order it from one of their distributers - of course after numerous tries only one had it but at inflated price + shipping - totally customer unfriendly -

MSUICEMAN
09-08-2022, 07:10 PM
yeah, they won't ship to MI either. which is too bad, though they were willing to send me some correct parts for a few things that were assembled incorrectly new from them without issue.

deces
09-08-2022, 09:59 PM
just had a problem with .38 S&W carbide die sete - after getting someone to answer numerous phone attempts i was told that they would ship me part no charge , i had to pay shipping [ $9.34 for 2 ounce item from Wi. to NJ. ] - then was told they could not send it because Lee can not collect NJ sales tax + to order it from one of their distributers - of course after numerous tries only one had it but at inflated price + shipping - totally customer unfriendly -

That sounds more like a problem of a money grubbing state writing complicated & screwed up laws, than a gripe with Lee.

schutzen-jager
09-09-2022, 07:07 AM
That sounds more like a problem of a money grubbing state writing complicated & screwed up laws, than a gripe with Lee.

problem is wrong part installed in new die set , why charge S+H for their own mistake - iirc they will not ship to over 21 states where lee customers can not buy direct from them because of tax issue -

super6
09-23-2022, 03:31 PM
Well just received my 38 special crimp die from lee and so far they are winners! The only thing I have bought from Lee that actuality works!

jetinteriorguy
09-24-2022, 10:38 AM
I don’t get this, they don’t have to collect or pay sales tax on an item that’s no charge due to warranty. Just doesn’t make sense.

gc45
09-24-2022, 01:50 PM
Lee lost me when they dropped the best primer tool ever and replaced it with a poor one. I have some Lee dies though that have worked just fine for many years..

schutzen-jager
09-24-2022, 03:13 PM
I don’t get this, they don’t have to collect or pay sales tax on an item that’s no charge due to warranty. Just doesn’t make sense.

they wanted to charge me 50% of greatly inflated list price was told to order from an EBAY web sight -

jetinteriorguy
09-26-2022, 07:39 AM
they wanted to charge me 50% of greatly inflated list price was told to order from an EBAY web sight -
Sorry, I was referring to post #10 where you stated they were shipping it free of charge and all you had to pay was shipping. If there is no charge there shouldn’t be any sales tax since it’s not a sale. Lee must just not want to mess with shipping to the states where they have the issues with sales tax collections regardless of whether they charge tax or not.