PDA

View Full Version : UPS Caves

snowwolfe
09-02-2022, 09:50 AM
https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-support/shipping-special-care-regulated-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page
They followed FedEx and will no longer allow non FFL holders to ship firearms or parts of firearms.
Only legal way for a non FFL holder to mail a handgun now is thru a FFL dealer.

Going to make warranty work and customization very difficult.

waksupi
09-02-2022, 11:19 AM
I've always used USPS.

Hannibal
09-02-2022, 11:30 AM
USPS has always required the involvement of an FFL on both the shipping and receiving end whenever pistols are involved. I don't know if that was the situation at UPS or not. What I do know is that both FedEx and UPS have changed their policies to require FFL involvement for ANY firearm shipment. I'll be surprised if USPS doesn't follow suit soon.

It won't make shipping a firearm impossible, but it will be more expensive and complicated.

Edit to add - my comment regarding USPS and pistols was related to sales. I have no experience with pistols for warranty work.

Bmi48219
09-02-2022, 11:43 AM
In the past I’ve received a pistol directly delivered to my home by UPS, when the pistol was being returned from the manufacturer after a warranty repair. I did have to sign for it. The UPS driver said the shipment was allowed because the pistol was mine and I hadn’t given up possession, only sent it for repair. As I recall the manufacturer sent me a shipping label to affix to the boxed pistol prior to dropping it off at the UPS facility.

farmbif
09-02-2022, 12:09 PM
interesting, how I was in gun shop yesterday while UPS man was there and he was acting kind of sheepishly while the shop owner and I were having discussion about the shipping firearms and hazmat items.

BLAHUT
09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Demorats will do anything and everything to keep guns and ammo out orf the peoples hands,
to protect their power base!

Handloader109
09-02-2022, 12:21 PM
I don't think fedex has changed anything. It was UPS that shut off brownells.... but everything I've received in past year has been by FedEx.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

buggybuilder
09-02-2022, 01:07 PM
I sent my .22 "victory" S&W for warranty work. Got it back yesterday and I did not even have to sign for it even though they said it would require a signature. All the driver said was "have a nice day" !

Handloader109
09-02-2022, 07:48 PM
I'm wrong, fedex is only allowing ffl to ship.. now back to manufacturer is them not you and is allowed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Bazoo
09-02-2022, 07:52 PM
So does this mean I can’t ship long guns to myself for a hunt out of state via ups or fedex?

Kosh75287
09-02-2022, 08:12 PM
Gutless +urd$...

bedbugbilly
09-03-2022, 09:08 AM
. . . . and anybody can just walk across our southern border and the drugs just keep pouring in . . . .

yep . . . makes perfect sense to me . . . . restrict the freedoms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS . . .

a little off topic, but do you need a special permit or paperwork to ship politicians anywhere but here?

Hannibal
09-03-2022, 01:00 PM
. . . . and anybody can just walk across our southern border and the drugs just keep pouring in . . . .

yep . . . makes perfect sense to me . . . . restrict the freedoms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS . . .

a little off topic, but do you need a special permit or paperwork to ship politicians anywhere but here?

All it takes is for the Clintons to decide they're nervous and most anyone will turn up dead or missing.

snowwolfe
09-03-2022, 04:13 PM
So does this mean I can’t ship long guns to myself for a hunt out of state via ups or fedex?

Correct, unless you are a FFL dealer. But you can still do it thru USPS.

Stewbaby
09-03-2022, 08:28 PM
States: “Labeling, including the shipper's and consignee's abbreviated names on the shipping label or air shipping document, must be non-descriptive.”

…so FFLs will need to at least abbreviate their names to remove ‘gun’, ‘firearm’, and the like.

dannyd
09-03-2022, 09:11 PM
It's just history repeating itself: Read Chapter 19 in Philip Sharpe "Complete guide to Handloading". The Trains before 1936 would not move smokeless powder, so trying to get powder was almost impossible.

Nueces
09-03-2022, 09:55 PM
I bet this has mostly to do with curbing internal gun theft.

alfadan
09-03-2022, 10:03 PM
Waiting on all the folks to come by... "nuh-uh! UPS isn't doing any of that!"

shooterg
09-04-2022, 02:58 PM
And UPS will not accept greenbacks to ship anything. Required to use a credit card ! The world keeps changing - and I don't like it !

dannyd
09-04-2022, 03:12 PM

Your answer is probably closer to the truth then any other one.

dannyd
09-04-2022, 03:12 PM
And UPS will not accept greenbacks to ship anything. Required to use a credit card ! The world keeps changing - and I don't like it !

People from Virginia have been saying that for over 400 years. ;)

Murphy
09-04-2022, 05:51 PM

That's the excuse we were given years ago regarding handgun shipping. All handguns were suppose to be shipped overnight delivery. Shipping a handgun went from $7 and some change, to $35 'over night'.

UPS is the single largest employer in the Teamsters Union. And just who did they support during the last presidential election? The democrats.

NOTE: Not a looking for a debate. Just because someone has to be a member of a union to work, doesn't mean they like it, or vote the way the union wants them to.

Murphy

M-Tecs
09-05-2022, 05:32 AM
https://thegunwriter.substack.com/p/ups-releases-new-woke-rules-for-shipping?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR2iiH2Pu85wPM9B8B94XJg6ITq0vQUHQdSh2w3wz jshMtcK84ejWyMAl7c