PDA

View Full Version : Alox coating

abunaitoo
01-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Has anyone tried this?????
Coat the bullet with Alox as normal.
Aftra drying, coat with diluted Lee sizing lube.
The Lee sizing lube dries to a non-sticky, wax like coating.

copdills
01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
hadn't tried it but sounds like a good Idea Thanks

Shiloh
01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I did it with rifle boolits a while back. I diluted LEE liquid alox to 50% and ran my lubrisizer lubed and sized boolits the slurry. They dried to a very thin, durable waxy shell.

This was when I was doing some higher velocity experimentation There was no leading experienced. I found however that my accuracy was a good bit better at lower velocities so I discontinued the practice. I did try some non-aloxed boolits also and there was no leading there either. I read about this in a back issue of a news letter called "The Fouling Shot". It sounds like a plausible idea to me.

Shiloh

sniper7369
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I can't remember who, but some posted something about coating the boolits with JPW after the LLA to keep them from being sticky. Seems like it would be a good idea, if for no other reason than to keep your seater plug clean.

870TC
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I coat them with Rooster Jacket, (after the LLA). It dries to a hard wax, like on some .22LR bullets.

kamikaze1a
01-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Is that the case lube Lee sells in tube? I wonder why Lee doesn't sell as a boo lube? I might have to look into that...