PDA

View Full Version : I truly miss BOAZ

buckwheatpaul
08-29-2022, 03:31 PM
I miss Charlie Johns' his humor, his stories, his dedication, and our visits and phone calls!

Der Gebirgsjager
08-29-2022, 03:44 PM
I agree on all points. I wish some talented member would take over the stories about the Black Mule Ranch, Rangers, and early Texas history and lifestyle. It would take a special kind of person like Boaz was. He grew up there, and probably didn't have to do too much research.

DG

Pine Baron
08-29-2022, 05:06 PM
I miss Charlie Johns' his humor, his stories, his dedication, and our visits and phone calls!

Me too Paul. I thank God for the time Charlie was with us and the blessing of knowing him.

square butte
08-29-2022, 07:11 PM
I want to see him there waiting for me when my time comes

rancher1913
08-29-2022, 08:31 PM
i have been feeling the same thing this last week. keep expecting to log on and see a pm or post. never met in person, and thats my loss.

slim1836
08-29-2022, 08:38 PM
I too miss him, the stories he's telling up there can't even be imagined. R.I.P. my friend.

Slim

GhostHawk
08-29-2022, 08:44 PM
Yep! He was a big help and a great example to a lot of people.

Minerat
08-29-2022, 09:34 PM
He was a humble gentleman, I thoroughly enjoyed working with him to get the first Tumbleweed saga on track. His willingness to trust a new moderator to open and cleanup the thread so it had continuity as a story was amazing. Giving me that much trust went a long way in cementing my deep regard for Charlie. RIP my friend.

USMC87
08-30-2022, 08:23 AM
Charlie was one of a kind and was a wealth of knowledge.

buckwheatpaul
08-30-2022, 08:46 AM
I was new to THE CHAPEL and I had been PM'ing Charlie....and 4 or 5 months later a great friend in our little community had to move to Wichita Falls and since Charlie lived there I thought he might be a good friend for John. But I wanted to meet Charlie face to face and broach the subject before I flung him into John's lap. So I told John that I was coming his way for a visit but I swung by to meet and visit with Charlie first.....When I got to actually meet face to face with Charlie I could only see in instant true friend and a humble man. While I was visiting with Charlie and man came into his tire shop with some real problems and his tires were on the last thread and he had to make it to Ft. Worth to the doctor.....Charlie called one of his workers in and they took care of this man without taking any money! Charlie was a glad heart and a true Christian....I will forever cherish the few years we were friends! Needless to say after that meeting and asking Charlie if he would mind watching out for John he agreed and they became stead fast friends until John passed. Now God has Charlie and John and they no doubt are swapping some great stories around the campfire!

rancher1913
08-30-2022, 08:15 PM
i am glad he and becky got through that ruff patch and that he got to see her wedding.

Markopolo
09-01-2022, 08:22 AM
He used to tease me about that silly anvil he had in his front yard and how I could ship it up here to alaska. We always joked about him being a Killer of worms. He would always buy night crawlers with the intent of going fishing, and never get around to actually going. The worms would die in his fridge.

He was a brother for sure.