PDA

View Full Version : Millet Flour ?

Johnch
08-28-2022, 04:36 PM
The marsh I am a member of is getting ready to place a order to buy Millet seed to plant 100 acers
As we have a agreement with a seed company for WRP Marshes to plant duck and goose food
We can buy bags of #2 seed CHEAP this time of the year , #2 seed has a small percent of wheat or rye seed mixed in
The Bags are 4' x 4' x 4' and are on pallets to move and stack
We just have to store it till next year in a mouse prof area

We pay about what the seed company would get if they sold the millet to a bird food company
They also get paid some from WRP

The millet is labeled for both seed & bird food and it is also food grade

So I am thinking of having the marsh add a bag on their order for me
As I have added it to my chickens food before

But I was thinking of grinding flour out of it also
As I looked and there are a good number of millet flour recipes

But I was wondering 2 things

How is the taste of food made with Millet flour ?
Any idea if my Nutri Mill Harvest Stone Grain Mill designed for wheat , rye , oats and barley grind the millet properly ?

Thanks
John

BLAHUT
08-28-2022, 05:29 PM
CONTACT Nutri Mill Harvest Stone Grain Mill AND ASK ?? YOU CAN GET USED TO THE TASTE ?? OR YOU CAN'T?? TIME WILL TELL?? AS KIDS WE ATE A LOT OF BUCKWEAT, NOW I THINK IT IS BITTER ??

MT Gianni
08-28-2022, 05:50 PM
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bobs-red-mill-25-lb-millet-flour/1041296B25.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=DSA%20%7C%20TEXT%20%7C%20Purchasers&utm_term=Food%20%26%20Beverage&utm_content=Food%20%26%20Beverage

Bobs Red Mill products are available at many grocery stores and cheap enough to try first.

rancher1913
08-28-2022, 06:24 PM
any decent flour mill will also mill millet (say that 5 times fast). millet flour makes really good pancakes.

Mal Paso
08-28-2022, 07:21 PM
It's "Gluten Free" if that's important to you.

DougGuy
08-28-2022, 07:28 PM
As Ezekiel 4:9 says "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof."

I would try it, I love spelt breads and pancakes.

waksupi
08-29-2022, 11:37 AM
As Ezekiel 4:9 says "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof."

I would try it, I love spelt breads and pancakes.

Ezekiel bread is available in many stores, in the refrigerated section.