PDA

View Full Version : problem with the lee dies

txpete
01-15-2006, 05:24 PM
went and resized a bunch of brass for the 7X57 using my new lee dies.they size the neck down so far the trimmer won't fit the case.so tried to make a dummy round using a sierra 140 gr.the neck is just way to small and if forced would crush the neck.
any of y'all ever had problems like this with the lee dies?? going to send them back to midway with a note.
any thoughts.. dies mis-marked or just bad QC on lee's part??
thanks
pete

Maven
01-15-2006, 05:49 PM
txpete, I had a problem with brand new Lee FL size dies in 7.62 x 39mm that would collapse the cases. I.e., the entire neck was shoved, very neatly I might add, into the shoulder while the shoulder itself was pushed rearward. I returned them to Lee Precision along with the collapsed cases and they promptly replaced it. Since there's a 2 yr. warranty on their products, I wouldn't bother with MidwayUSA: Return it directly to Lee along with the damaged brass and a note of explanation.

imashooter2
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
A poster on Marlin Forums just reported that he got a .260 expander in a set of 7mm-08 dies. Check the size of your expander ball. Could be someone at Lee mislabled a box of expanders or something...

txpete
01-15-2006, 07:28 PM
A poster on Marlin Forums just reported that he got a .260 expander in a set of 7mm-08 dies. Check the size of your expander ball. Could be someone at Lee mislabled a box of expanders or something...

you nailed it wrong expander ball.took a new case out that han't been resized and it was a perfect fit.chalk one up for lee :mad:
called midway and they are going to exchange them for a new set of dies.I guess my handloads for the 7x57 are on hold for a while..
pete