PDA

View Full Version : Any Matchmakers?

Half Dog
08-23-2022, 06:04 PM
I’m tired of waiting for grandkids. My daughter (26 years old) needs a spouse. She lives in Phoenix, has a Masters degree, and is self sufficient. She needs a nice Christian man who can tolerate me and possibly has a desire to relocate to Texas.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

elmacgyver0
08-23-2022, 06:19 PM
I'm an old fart 71 and married so not looking.
Just wondering, what's wrong with her?
Should be beating them off with a stick!
Perhaps she is choosey for the right reasons which greatly limits the playing field.
Sounds like she has it together and the last thing she or you need is a leech.

Winger Ed.
08-23-2022, 06:32 PM
You find good people in unlikely places.
I've known people who didn't have the opportunity to interact with very many different people,
so they got a part time job where they did.

One buddy got a part time job with a messenger service that sent him to all the big office towers in downtown.
He wasn't looking to get married, but he was never short on dates.

Another worked at Home Depot awhile. He specialized in answering questions and giving directions
to women that came in and looked lost as they were wandering around the isles.

I'm not sure where women could go, or do to be on the hunt,
but it darn sure isn't on internet dating sites or bars and night clubs.

Another idea is to get her back to Texas.
The same ideas apply, but we have about the highest concentration of former Marines in the country.
She should be able to find one that's a good guy and can appreciate your Gruntish ways.:bigsmyl2:

Half Dog
08-23-2022, 07:14 PM
Nothing is wrong with her. She is perfect and I’ll stand toe to toe with anyone who says different (LMAO).
I’ll be visiting her in a couple of weeks and would like to introduce her to someone of like mind.

BLAHUT
08-23-2022, 07:17 PM
What does she think about all this ??? Would love to be a mouse in the corner for the shall we say festivitys ??

Nobade
08-23-2022, 08:25 PM
If you believe what you read, half the men out there under 30 have given up on women and the other half are gay. Sounds like anybody who wants to find a gal now has it all pretty much to himself...

Brokenbear
08-23-2022, 10:36 PM
Half Dog old son .. i got to tell you I have seven grand daughters and grand sons in that age bracket and the atmosphere they have to contend with is just plain hostile ..They will tell grandma and me things they are not about to tell their parents ..
So kool your jets dad cause they be tiptoeing in alligators trying to find the chemistry as well as separate the wheat from the chaff
Theys a krap load of culls out there!
BEAR

armoredman
08-23-2022, 10:52 PM
I have a 22 year old son in Casa Grande, but he's a wastrel with no job, and severely unmotivated...

Kosh75287
08-24-2022, 12:13 AM
Half Dog, the BEST thing you can do to help your daughter meet the right man is to NOT HELP HER. Trying to set her up with prospective matches puts INCREDIBLE pressure on all concerned. It sounds like you raised her right, so TRUST HER. Please...

Winger Ed.
08-24-2022, 12:53 AM
If you believe what you read, half the men out there under 30 have given up on women ...

Especially if they've experienced, or seen someone else go through 'family court', and had what they'd worked
real long and hard for be given away as cash and prizes to someone else for breaking their wedding vows.
In our society- word has gotten around that one group of people are often well rewarded for breaking a contract.
Men in general are now taking a real hard look at the pros and cons of long term relationships and marriage.

Not in Dog's case, but something that's out there now worse than it ever was:
The folks most negatively effected by this are single moms. Hooking up with one-
guys are realizing they are looked at as being a ATM machine for supporting and raising someone else's kid.
Stories abound where a guy poured his heart & soul into being a good step Dad, and when there's a bump in the road--
they're rewarded with, "I don't have to listen to you...... You're not my Dad".

I wish the best for all involved, but the singles scene now days ain't nothing like we remember it.

In years past: Women were the gate keepers in, and determined who was allowed into relationships.
At this point in history, in our society:
A decent looking guy, on the tall side, with nice hair, good teeth, a good job, can pass a drug test and security clearance,
doesn't have jail house tattoos, and doesn't have to keep appointments with his Parole Officer---
That guy is the prize now, and the competition to find and latch onto him is vicious.

Wag
08-24-2022, 07:12 AM
It's tough out there.

Before my late wife passed away six years ago, she made me promise to get into another relationship, "right away." Whatever that means. And by the way, don't make people promise you things when you're on your death bed!!! LOL

Anyhoo, about three or four years after she died, it seemed like it was time to start seeing people again. I didn't exactly start looking, but I kept my eyes peeled for opportunities and dated a few people in my age group. Mid 50's.

Lemmetellya, the women I dated were and are psychotic. Scary psychotic. Weird, at best. It took me about a year to throw in the towel and simply give up. I had no doubt I could live the rest of my life with my late wife's little dogs near me to keep me company and I'd be good going forward.

Of course, as they say, it's when you stop looking that it happens. I met a lady at a friend's New Year's Eve party and spent the evening chatting with her for a very long time. We had similar interests and we had a LOT to talk about. I thought she was very nice but I was still trying to date one of the aforementioned psychos so I didn't ask for her phone number.

Six months later, I finally asked our mutual friend to give her my number and the rest, as they say is history. We fell in love soon after, and married soon after that. Seven months later, to be precise. There are a gazillion other details but I'll spare you the super long story of a very new relationship.

We've been married now for about a year and a half and it's been wonderful and it's getting better all the time.

In short, I'd tell your daughter that there is no rush. It will happen and it will be better if she doesn't push it. Date some people sure, but don't make any commitments to people who have no drive or ambition. And check people's credit!

That reminds me, I have another story to tell but it can wait. Short version on that is, tell her that if some dude asks to borrow money from her, she MUST block all future communications with him. Don't even give the "no" answer, just block all comms. Trust me on that.

And wish her luck!

--Wag--

bedbugbilly
08-24-2022, 08:38 AM
Let's get down to the nitty gritty here and stop fooling around Half Dog . . . .

I'm talking DOWEY!!!

How many ponies, head of fat cattle, one eyed goats and three legged chickens you willing to toss in to sweeten the pot?

Unless your daughter, and I'm sure she's a fine woman, is asking for your help . . . that's one path I wouldn't be walking.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-24-2022, 08:38 AM
Personal choices:
More and more of today's young adults are choosing to stay single longer...add to that, If she has had few men chasing after her, she is likely choosing to be in places where there are few men of the chasing variety.

MrWolf
08-24-2022, 08:46 AM
After my divorce and being out here for a couple of years, I decided I was ready to date again. Tried Eharmony and Our Time. Waste of time as it was basically hooking up - well did met a nymph but this is a family site so... I ended up trying FarmersOnly.com. met some of the nicest and down to earth people. Met my gf there and we have been together almost four years and living together the last two. I realize I am a lot older than your daughter but there were a lot of younger folks there. They just have a different outlook that is refreshing nowadays. She could try that site. My son is 28, single, and just started a new job last month in a lab (biology degree). Lives in NJ but not really a go getter and doubt he would move to Texas. Good luck. :drinks:
Ron

contender1
08-24-2022, 10:28 AM
A lot of good comments above.

And as many have mentioned,, breaking a marriage can be costly & ugly. A good friend of mine made one of the best comments I've ever heard about such happenings. He said; "A judge looks at a former husband as a sperm bank with a checkbook."

But back to the initial request.

You mentioned one thing that MIGHT work out. You mentioned Christian. So,, having her go to different churches to visit & see how she likes that church AND the people. She MIGHT get lucky & find a GENTLEMAN there. Just a possibility.

gwpercle
08-24-2022, 10:33 AM
Don't get involved in Her love life ... it never ends well .

Gary

megasupermagnum
08-24-2022, 10:48 AM
I don't think many of you understand just how much the past two years effected us younger people. Cut us some slack. Real dating was effectively banned for two years. If you weren't in the college crowd, you were SOL. Things have really only gotten back to normal this summer for a lot of places.

lightman
08-24-2022, 11:11 AM
Half Dog, the BEST thing you can do to help your daughter meet the right man is to NOT HELP HER. Trying to set her up with prospective matches puts INCREDIBLE pressure on all concerned. It sounds like you raised her right, so TRUST HER. Please...

I have to agree with this! Just saying............!

I don't know much about dating. I got married at 18 and I just turned 65, so any experience I may have is rather out of date. I have heard some of my friends talk about their dating experiences and its rather scary! STD's, drugs, psycho women, psycho X'es, brat kids, ect make finding a decent spouse a challenge. Not to mention liberal judges that are just waiting to throw the book at some poor inspecting guy.

popper
08-24-2022, 11:20 AM
Too young for me and too old for my GKs. But it does sound like a great deal for somebody. [smilie=l:

Winger Ed.
08-24-2022, 11:31 AM
As a nation- we now get instant gratification for everything.
No matter what you want, go to Walmart, Amazon, or on line shopping for anything, and it's right there.
Many people believe there's no reason finding the love of your life should be any different.
Just go to a dating site, look around a few minutes, do a couple of mouse clicks, and grab one.

However--- The modern generation dating sites are a dumpster fire at best.
There was a guy on youtube that posted 'the dating profile of the day' from some of them.

Some were just hilarious.
You'd see a trend where as women got older, their demands of a man go up.
As guys got older, their demands remained the same--- don't be a fat drama queen.
But their toleration for nonsense and bs goes way down.

You'd see ones like:
I'm 36, height weight proportionate (which really means 'I'm fat'), have three kids who are my life,
looking to settle down, no games or hook ups. Man must be over 6' tall, athletic, earn at least 6 figures, be generous,
willing to relocate, like to travel & stay at luxury hotels, treat me like a queen, and accept me the way I am.

And they expect the top 2% of eligible bachelors just jump right up and grab onto that.
--- Then after awhile, they post asking, "Where are all the good men"?

I should feel ashamed of myself for laughing at them, but I can't help it.

Half Dog
08-24-2022, 01:33 PM
Wow. I guess the world/dating scene has changed since I was young.

I don’t remember where but I once saw a profile that ended up being a black lab. That was the best.

Handloader109
08-24-2022, 02:05 PM
My daughter is 31 this year. Not looking, doesn't want to look, loves being single. She's here more than at her home, but she doesn't date, wants none of the crap that 90% of the guys are. And most in this age range are worthless

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Winger Ed.
08-24-2022, 02:36 PM

Oh yeah. The dating scene is constantly evolving.

I'm 67 and remember before AIDS came along---
About the worst thing that could happen while randomly 'dating' was in the morning, you'd get stuck having to buy breakfast.

downzero
08-24-2022, 02:43 PM
My daughter is 31 this year. Not looking, doesn't want to look, loves being single. She's here more than at her home, but she doesn't date, wants none of the crap that 90% of the guys are. And most in this age range are worthless

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Which is why the world is going to hell. Half of single women are not looking, so all the single men are chasing after the other half.

So glad I'm finally getting married this year at 39 years old.

alfadan
08-24-2022, 03:03 PM
A woman would have to be [I]very exceptional[I] for me to put up with her nagging and insanity; and very exceptional women want nothing to do with me, so that settles that.

Matchmakers can be...tedious.

waksupi
08-24-2022, 04:11 PM
I saw a guy giving away puppies on the corner by Walmart today. That might work.

Half Dog
08-24-2022, 04:32 PM
I saw a guy giving away puppies on the corner by Walmart today. That might work.

Ha, she has 2. We call them granddoggies.

Rapier
08-24-2022, 05:29 PM
You older guys are living in a different world. Got 8 grand kids, they are very interesting to watch, not, spend 90% of their time playing vidio games and on their cel phones, texting. Having a real conversation, face to face, scares them to death. Their personal social graces are scary, like none, nada. The little girls are not going to have much to pick from.

Winger Ed.
08-24-2022, 05:47 PM

In the short run: That would work better than the old 'walking the dog in a park' trick.
But you run the risk of having to talk to some of the folks we see in those 'people of Walmart' videos.

I used to know a guy that never dated the same girl more than 3-4 times.
He said sitting out around the apartment house pool with his big green parrot was the best 'babe magnet' he'd ever found.
Women would see that bird and run over like a bum going after a baloney sandwich.

WRideout
08-25-2022, 10:45 AM
I have a 22 year old son in Casa Grande, but he's a wastrel with no job, and severely unmotivated...

Where are you going with this?
Wayne

Loudenboomer
08-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Match makers? I was hoping for a REAL strike anywhere match recipe :)

Thundarstick
08-25-2022, 05:55 PM
I've got a son that just turned 31, been to jail several times, longest streach about 2 years, been to rehab 3 or 4 times, and wants nothing to do with God. He does ride a bicycle as he lost his license to drive, he's off parole, but a long way from driving. He's got a job, he preps veggies, and pizza toppings at night for the next days workers. He just can't figure out why he isn't in a relationship with a good woman.

Dog dog, be careful what you wish for!!!

Most people that are single are that way for a reason!

Half Dog
08-25-2022, 06:57 PM
Perhaps I should suggest adopting.

JSnover
08-25-2022, 07:48 PM
Oh boy... She might like that idea even less.
Your wish for grandchildren is understandable but it depends on her wish to have children, adopted or not.
Count your blessings: She's educated, successful, and happy.

Winger Ed.
08-25-2022, 08:19 PM

Get a basset hound, and let it in the house.

Between the slobbering and flinging goo all over the place- including the ceiling, crapping like a rhinoceros,
howling at the moon, the dog BO stink, general stubbornness--
it'll keep your mind off of worrying about your daughter.

Idaho45guy
08-26-2022, 03:14 AM
As a nation- we now get instant gratification for everything.
No matter what you want, go to Walmart, Amazon, or on line shopping for anything, and it's right there.
Many people believe there's no reason finding the love of your life should be any different.
Just go to a dating site, look around a few minutes, do a couple of mouse clicks, and grab one.

However--- The modern generation dating sites are a dumpster fire at best.
There was a guy on youtube that posted 'the dating profile of the day' from some of them.

Some were just hilarious.
You'd see a trend where as women got older, their demands of a man go up.
As guys got older, their demands remained the same--- don't be a fat drama queen.
But their toleration for nonsense and bs goes way down.

You'd see ones like:
I'm 36, height weight proportionate (which really means 'I'm fat'), have three kids who are my life,
looking to settle down, no games or hook ups. Man must be over 6' tall, athletic, earn at least 6 figures, be generous,
willing to relocate, like to travel & stay at luxury hotels, treat me like a queen, and accept me the way I am.

And they expect the top 2% of eligible bachelors just jump right up and grab onto that.
--- Then after awhile, they post asking, "Where are all the good men"?

I should feel ashamed of myself for laughing at them, but I can't help it.

Absolute truth!

I got divorced at 44 years old in Arizona when my ex decided to start an affair with an old high-school flame.

I was in shock and joined a dating site in AZ just to see if there were women out there age appropriate and decent. I limited my search to Christian, conservative, fit, non-smoking women with no kids at home and between the ages of 35 and 45. I also limited the search to within 10 miles of my zip code in Prescott. I got over 200 results of some very beautiful women. Within half an hour of checking out all of the prospects, I was satisfied that I was going to be just fine after the divorce was over and I was ready to date again. Then the messages started flooding in with smiles and flirts. Crazy!

I closed the account and moved north to Idaho, bought a home, got a good job, and was ready to date again about a year later.

I re-opened the account and changed the zip code. Zero results. Then I allowed women with kids. Nothing. Then "curvy" women and got a couple of results that scared me. I kept expanding the search area until I was 100 miles from my zip code and got about 50 results.

That was 8 years ago and I have had 2 regular girlfriends and been on a handful of dates. The women around here want nothing to do with me.

Now, at 53, I am just burned out by trying to find a good woman. My life is sooo much less stressful than when I'm dating and the vast majority of women age appropriate to me in this area are very overweight, white trash, liberal, covered in tattoos, have multiple kids with at least one having mental or developmental issues, and crazy.

I haven't been on an online dating site for years, and my last two relationships were through work. Not a good idea, either.

Half Dog
08-26-2022, 07:17 AM
Ugh. It’s sad but based on what I’m hearing, it seems that she needs to stay away from guys who shoot for fun.

Big Tom
08-26-2022, 07:37 AM
Do you take trade-ins? Might be interested :-)

Winger Ed.
08-26-2022, 09:00 AM
My life is sooo much less stressful than when I'm dating

An almost unbelievable number of guys say that.
Including my Dad.

JSnover
08-26-2022, 06:16 PM
FWIW, I'd advise anyone; it's better to marry too late than too early. Let your daughter find a man on her time and on her terms.

justindad
08-26-2022, 06:28 PM
I got married shortly before I turned 30 about ten years ago. I remember talking with girls about our previous dates. It is quite amazing & pathetic what guys do while dating a girl. There’s no men anymore. But then again, most women are trying to be men these days. Terrible time in history for anyone trying to start a good family. If I were 25 and single, I’d be looking at girls from a different country (which I seriously considered).

Milky Duck
08-26-2022, 08:25 PM

I don’t remember where but I once saw a profile that ended up being a black lab. That was the best.

the SPCA put that one out..single blackfemale looking for love,long romantic walks on beaches,will be waiting to give you love as soon as you walk in the door etc etc

my daughter is also in the mid 20s agr bracket and single..like you I despair at times....has dated a couple of dropkicks so far,but had the nouse to give them the flick...I live in hope she will find a decent fella and give me grandkids.

sigep1764
08-27-2022, 01:38 AM
Being a man in her age group (38) and getting married for the first (and only) time in exactly one week, I can attest to it being tough out there. Here's the thing. A lot of us are waiting. Lots of us graduated college in the midst of the Great Recession and had hard times finding work with the means of supporting a family. Quite simply, it took longer to get to the place where we could marry, afford a house, cars, and all the things. It'll happen for her, on her terms and time frame. This question is not to be rude. Would you rather her rush into something, rash and full of blindness, only for the relationship to end in divorce or worse? If she's as good a woman as you say, and I don't doubt you, she will find someone to build a lasting relationship with her.

Winger Ed.
08-27-2022, 02:06 AM
the vast majority of women age appropriate to me in this area are very overweight, white trash, liberal, covered in tattoos, have multiple kids with at least one having mental or developmental issues, and crazy.

Remember when you were a kid, and no matter where you lived or moved to-
Down the street there was always a bitter, angry, lonely old woman that would keep your baseball if it landed in her yard?

The dating pool you described is what those old women were like when they were young.

Milky Duck
08-27-2022, 04:40 AM
Being a man in her age group (38) and getting married for the first (and only) time in exactly one week, I can attest to it being tough out there. Here's the thing. A lot of us are waiting. Lots of us graduated college in the midst of the Great Recession and had hard times finding work with the means of supporting a family. Quite simply, it took longer to get to the place where we could marry, afford a house, cars, and all the things. It'll happen for her, on her terms and time frame. This question is not to be rude. Would you rather her rush into something, rash and full of blindness, only for the relationship to end in divorce or worse? If she's as good a woman as you say, and I don't doubt you, she will find someone to build a lasting relationship with her.

best of luck....love that woman for the rest of your life,make her the only one who squeals your wheels,grinds your gears,pops your cork,
. the only one you want to look at,forsaking all others is plurry good advice..... that includes photos..porn is a terrible thing that will turn your mind...get it out of your life and be happy.

Thundarstick
08-27-2022, 11:15 AM
Just in case any of you "old pharts" out there aren't aware, there are plenty of life coaches, like this guy, warning successful young men about the pitfalls of marriage, and how powerless a man in this society against a woman in a divorce!

I bet a bunch of you already learned this the hard painful way though.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OeMp6sjR-5s?feature=share

fatelk
08-27-2022, 05:34 PM
If your daughter has her head on straight, she'll figure it out. Staying away from the wrong ones is a good start to finding the right one. It's healthy to be choosy, for the right reasons. I know our current culture and society make it hard for young people to find a good match, but all you need is one! There are still good people out there. I worry about these thing too, for my kids. They're growing up quick (oldest just turned 18) and I want the best things in life for them too. I hope we've given them what they need to make good decisions, but some things in life you just have to figure out for yourself.

Murphy
08-27-2022, 06:30 PM
I’m tired of waiting for grandkids. My daughter (26 years old) needs a spouse. She lives in Phoenix, has a Masters degree, and is self sufficient. She needs a nice Christian man who can tolerate me and possibly has a desire to relocate to Texas.

Half Dog,

Just for my own edification, has your daughter asked for your assistance in finding her a spouse? Inquiring minds want to know. :coffeecom

Murphy

ACC
08-27-2022, 06:46 PM

I have a 31 year old Data Security Manager. He only has a BS. But he has a great job. And Hey he lives in Castle Hills a suburb of San Antonio. I'll be dead before he gives me any grand-kids. I ain't getting younger. I am close to my expiration date!

ACC

prisondoc
08-27-2022, 06:51 PM
My oldest son is 31, a registered nurse, home owner and all around good guy. But, he's seeing someone.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

jonp
08-27-2022, 07:51 PM
I'm all in. I can move to Texas part time as I drive the road but don't tell my wife what is going on.

Half Dog
08-27-2022, 09:30 PM
Daughter doesn’t know about my post. Mum’s the word. Let’s just keep this between us.

Sounds like I’m not in this boat alone and I appreciate others sharing their experiences and situations.

Jonp; I appreciate your offer and your willingness to sacrifice. Seems the pickings are kinda slim but I’ll keep you informed.

GregLaROCHE
08-28-2022, 02:51 AM
I have two sons in their early thirties. They both have good jobs and have had long term relationships. They just don’t want to get married or have kids. From what I’ve been hearing, they are not that much an exception these days.

Bmi48219
08-28-2022, 09:12 AM
Grandkids are a treasure, we have five, they are all amazing, each in their own way.
But then, not everyone can (or IMO, should) have children. We were blessed with two daughters. Their happiness and well-being has always been more of a concern to me than whether they could ‘give’ me grandkids.
God gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want.

MT Gianni
08-28-2022, 06:05 PM
Matchmakers, I have clicked here twice trying to find a way to make a better strike anywhere match. I also thought about shooting whitetail just above the old Diamond Match Company's abandoned lumber mill.

I do know enough to stay out of my kids love life's unless offered to comment.

GregLaROCHE
08-29-2022, 01:43 AM
Grandkids are a treasure, we have five, they are all amazing, each in their own way.
But then, not everyone can (or IMO, should) have children. We were blessed with two daughters. Their happiness and well-being has always been more of a concern to me than whether they could ‘give’ me grandkids.
God gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want.

Well said.

Winger Ed.
08-29-2022, 01:49 AM
Grandkids are a treasure,

A huge benefit of them I've found is when their diaper is 'full'-----
I can hand them back.

trapper9260
08-29-2022, 04:39 AM
Don't get involved in Her love life ... it never ends well .

Gary

This sums it up the best and let her live her own life the way she wants . I am single and never married and yes I am picky on who I want and see how many are out there and what been stated is right on . Yes I still looking but will not just take anyone.

barnabus
08-29-2022, 05:55 AM
I don't think many of you understand just how much the past two years effected us younger people. Cut us some slack. Real dating was effectively banned for two years. If you weren't in the college crowd, you were SOL. Things have really only gotten back to normal this summer for a lot of places.

never seen anything that kept a dog in the fence when another female was in heat.it never slowed downed.welfare and births were up during covid.try again..

Idaho45guy
08-29-2022, 04:19 PM
My little team at work has four marriages in it. All are under 30, none have kids, two have pregnant wives. Only one of those marriages is what I would call a strong marriage with two mentally healthy and responsible adults. Both the adults in that marriage are Hispanic and very conservative. The husband works hard on my team and the wife works for the same company as a janitor.

The other marriages have either one or both of the partners immature, selfish, no work ethic, etc.

The saddest one is of two kids that grew up in the same small farm town, both families knew each other, and both are LDS. The husband has several health issues, poor personal hygiene, is passionate about Legos and spends what little money they have on them. He is argumentative, ignorant, and has a poor work ethic. His wife is the opposite and a wonderful young woman. You can see by the tiny expressions on her face when the husband is talking that she dislikes him and realizes that she made a horrible mistake. Pretty sure they were forced together by family/church.

The other marriage has the husband with wrist issues from playing too many video games and the wife had her stomach stapled and has lost 200 lbs. She is a bitter and angry young woman and he is a loud and useless idiot.

Winger Ed.
08-29-2022, 04:22 PM
the wife had her stomach stapled and has lost 200 lbs. She is a bitter and angry young woman and he is a loud and useless idiot.

I've seen two cases like that where the wife lost a bunch of weight, got in shape, and took off for greener pastures.

megasupermagnum
08-29-2022, 07:43 PM
never seen anything that kept a dog in the fence when another female was in heat.it never slowed downed.welfare and births were up during covid.try again..

Really? Most states shut down every single bar, restaurant, movie theater, anything entertainment or food related. Done. Shut Down. For weeks if not months. When things were "opened" you were required a mask, and to stay 6 feet apart, people cringed if you went to shake their hand. For a while I was required to carry a document from my work with me in my car just to prove I had a valid reason for driving somewhere.

So what does that leave? Tinder and ****ing. Yep, I completely believe pregnancies' were up during covid. Good marriages? How could there be? There was no dating. You didn't just go down to the coffee shop for lunch, it wasn't allowed. There were hotlines to report infractions, and there were plenty of crunchy old folks who used them.

I realize this thread is probably just another way for old guys with nothing better to do to complain about how much we young people suck. I'm here to tell you that if you were 23-30 and single during 2020, you got the shaft big time. I'm sure getting sick was no fun. I'd rather have that.

Geezer in NH
08-29-2022, 08:03 PM
I have been married all my adult life. I dated once in high school I invited a girl from my church's youth club to the movies.

That was in 1967. 1 date and we married in 1971, married 51+ years together for 4 more. So our dating experience is small.

Our son is 34 and single, he talks with some women but say's they are just friends. One does go fishing with him.

megasupermagnum
08-29-2022, 08:06 PM
I have been married all my adult life. I dated once in high school I invited a girl from my church's youth club to the movies.

That was in 1967. 1 date and we married in 1971, married 51+ years together for 4 more. So our dating experience is small.

Our son is 34 and single, he talks with some women but say's they are just friends. One does go fishing with him.

So what you are saying is you wouldn't be married if you were a teen in 2020.

ascast
08-29-2022, 08:12 PM
so, what was that degree in?

Winger Ed.
08-29-2022, 08:29 PM
So what you are saying is you wouldn't be married if you were a teen in 2020.

I wouldn't.
If you aren't ready to have kids- it's a bad gamble.
Even then the odds aren't in your favor, but the kids make it worth while.

At best, you save some on household expenses and maybe a few bucks on taxes.
At worst, you lose your house and at least half of your stuff.

Half Dog
08-30-2022, 07:11 AM
So far there have been 1,828 views, 1 semi volunteer, but no real interest. I’m beginning to think she will not marry someone from a family who reloads.

What if I throw in some 44 mag brass?

Bmi48219
08-30-2022, 10:53 AM
…..I’m beginning to think she will not marry someone from a family who reloads.
What if I throw in some 44 mag brass?

If you’re looking for enticing Dowery ideas, I’d suggest a case of primers and a couple goats.

JimB..
08-30-2022, 01:58 PM

Not true, big baby bust as a result of Covid. Everyone expected folks to be sitting home procreating, but instead they sat at home and worried about the future…so no babymaking.

Castaway
08-30-2022, 02:08 PM
I bet you’ll be in trouble when she finds out you posted this

Half Dog
08-31-2022, 05:51 PM
I bet you’ll be in trouble when she finds out you posted this

Yep. Please refer to post #52.

Thanks for the reminder.

Winger Ed.
08-31-2022, 06:42 PM
Yep. Please refer to post #52.Thanks for the reminder.

If you get busted-- Just blame it on a computer glitch.
Nobody understands them anyway.
Or swear up & down you've been hacked.

Half Dog
08-31-2022, 07:09 PM
If you get busted-- Just blame it on a computer glitch.
Nobody understands them anyway.
Or swear up & down you've been hacked.

LMAO. Good advice.