PDA

View Full Version : New Alliant powders????

wiljen
01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Alliant is now showing a new "Pro" series of powders under the rifle and shotgun powders on their website. I haven't been able to find anything in the way of data yet, but it looks to be 5 new powders.

rugerman1
01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Will,
I e-mailed them last week asking for data,no reply yet.
They have a buncha new powders offered: (http://www.alliantpowder.com/whats_new/latest_products.aspx)

felix
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
That is the stuff I talked about previously. Thikol was purchased by Alliant (Honeywell Federal Systems spinoff) along with Hercules to get into rocket fuels (gunpowder) explicity for NASA applications. Thikol has done some significant chemistry in dealing with the stability of solid fuels. Hopefully, and at last it seems, those folks from Thikol and Hercules got together. I guess the small arms arena just does not pay well enough, but they have been getting some "WC" type contracts lately. I wonder if they are going to maintain that WC designation that actually belongs to Olin? I am slightly surprised that Alliant has not purchased St. Marks. ... felix

wiljen
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I got a very vague answer back from Alliant about when the powders and data would be available. "probably some time this spring" is all they are saying. Makes me wonder if they are imports and they arent sure of delivery schedules yet.

Hawkeyenc
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
They clain domestic manufacture, but who knows?

"Features & Benefits
• Manufactured in the USA"

Houndog
01-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Alliant has a BIG powder plant just North of me in Radford Va. Used to be a government ordnance manufacturing facility.

runfiverun
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
i seen one of the new win powders the other day.
it looks to me as if they are just gonna dummy up powder selection for guys who wanna reload for the games.

felix
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
The military is the customer of choice without doubt. Whatever they want, is what is produced for the most part. ... felix

oneokie
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Something to consider: Alliant is a subsidary of ATK. ATK operates the Lake City ammunition plant. ATK also owns RCBS, Federal, and a host of other firearm related companys.