PDA

View Full Version : Bench rest models?

Shuz
08-23-2022, 01:24 PM
Im looking to upgrade my current bench rest and would like to know what makes and models have a high vertical adjustment range.

porthos
08-25-2022, 07:45 PM
how about various blocks of wood at different thickness

recumbent
08-25-2022, 08:03 PM
My Sinclair rest has quite a lot of vertical adjustment, I can measure and let you know.

Calamity Jake
08-25-2022, 10:11 PM
Take a look at the "Farley" front rest.
expensive but well worth it, used by a lot of pro bench rest shooters

lotech
08-26-2022, 08:18 AM
Is the Hart pedestal rest still made? Worth a look, but I don't know how the maximum height compares with others. Seems more than adequate to me but it may be lacking for some specialized uses.

ebb
08-28-2022, 01:33 PM
I built mine back years ago it has a Ron Hoen top on it. At the time I noticed that all the tops use either a 3/4- or 1-inch piece of all thread for the vertical adjustment. All you would need to do is the drill and tap the hole to mount the rest top to it and mill a slot for the lock screw to ride in. You could make it as long as you want. If you went extreme, you might have to make feet to get table clearance. I used Stainless steel but it would not be mandatory.

Mal Paso
08-28-2022, 09:59 PM
I bought the Caldwell Rock BR as it is over 9 inches fully extended and I am tall. Got it with deluxe rear bag for $110 from Midway but it looks like they sold out. It's chinese but a deal for me, not willing to pay bench rest prices for load testing.

It weighs 15 pounds. Vertical adjustment is ball bearing, horizontal is a screw with backlash adjustment.

samari46
08-29-2022, 12:11 AM
Check out Sinclair International website. They have furnished rests and other equipment to bench rest shooters for years. Frank