PDA

View Full Version : Cookies from box cake mix

Winger Ed.
08-23-2022, 12:56 PM
I was going to make cookies today, but feel kind of lazy.
So I'll fall back on my quickie version.

I use the boxes of grocery store cake mix, but leave out the water they call for.
Some brands call for cooking oil, but I keep coming back to Betty Crocker that calls for butter.

It goes:

1 box Betty Crocker any flavor cake mix.
1/3 cup melted butter
It calls for 3 eggs, but I only use 2.
Mix well....... it takes about a minute or two... There's your quickie cookie dough.
Bake at 350F for about 10-12 minutes.

For a really good version of Chinese Almond cookies:
Betty Crocker yellow cake mix.
2 tsp Almond flavor
1 egg, and the melted butter. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Roll into 1" balls, put on cookie sheet, press a almond onto the top.

For chocolate chip cookies- just add in about 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips or M&Ms.

Not exactly like Grandma used to make, but nobody has complained about them either.:bigsmyl2:

Wag
08-24-2022, 07:20 AM
I have a few cake mix recipes like that. The best one is a rum cake recipe which is always received with acclaim at parties! Another one is for carmel brownies. Those dang things are truly amazing.

--Wag--

JoeG52
08-24-2022, 12:12 PM
I have a few cake mix recipes like that. The best one is a rum cake recipe which is always received with acclaim at parties! Another one is for carmel brownies. Those dang things are truly amazing.

--Wag--

How about posting that carmel brownies recipe!

BLAHUT
08-24-2022, 12:22 PM
Try lard instead of butter you will be suprised how much better they taste

pworley1
08-24-2022, 01:40 PM
Try lard instead of butter you will be suprised how much better they taste

I hear people talking all the time about how their cookies don't like their Grandmother's cookies did even using her recipe. I tell them to go ahead and use the lard instead of oil and they will.

Wag
08-25-2022, 06:51 AM
How about posting that carmel brownies recipe!

Here ya go!

http://cookinwithwag.blogspot.com/2008/12/carmel-brownies.html

(A long time ago I started a couple of blogs. Later, I got lazy and I don't update them any more. I should start them up again.)

--Wag--

JoeG52
08-25-2022, 01:42 PM
Thanks!