PDA

View Full Version : Rottweiler Puppies

justindad
08-21-2022, 10:13 AM
My two year old rottie had a litter of eleven puppies last night. I read that four to six is normal for a first litter on a younger dog.
If anyone has tips on selling AKC registered Rottweilers, please share!

BK7saum
08-21-2022, 11:59 AM
Our female German Shepherd had 11 puppies her first litter and 15 the second litter. All healthy. I was afraid how many she might have the third litter so she was fixed after that.

Der Gebirgsjager
08-21-2022, 12:03 PM
Hey...! Let's post some photos of mom and the kids--don't leave us hanging. They must be cute as all get out!

DG

justindad
08-21-2022, 01:20 PM
They sure are.

Winger Ed.
08-21-2022, 01:47 PM
Have you done a paternity test?
Do they look like their father or the milkman?

That's how you can tell the difference if kid's looks were influenced by heredity or the environment.

Der Gebirgsjager
08-21-2022, 03:43 PM
Thanks, justindad! Cute kids. Hope there's enough nourishment to go around. Kind of makes one glad that the norm for human births is one or two......

Rottweilers are great dogs. I once had a Dachshund, great friend and pet, but like many he had periodic back trouble. During one episode the vet put him on steroids. His entire personality changed, and suddenly he imagined himself to be much larger than he was. After he'd been on the medicine for a couple of days he disappeared for a few hours, and then came striding down the lane with the neighbor's two Rottweilers, one flanking him on either side. Buddies. It soon became apparent that he had invited them for lunch, so everyone was fed.
After awhile the rotties went home. Never came back again, which surprised me as the lunch was free.

DG

justindad
08-21-2022, 04:37 PM
We had a 1 year old rottie when my last son was born. The two grew up together and were best friends. David was two years old when grandma’s rescued mutt decided to dislike him, even showed her teeth once. That mutt recoiled in fear after the way I responded.
A few months later David and Casie were alone at grandma’s while his mom and I were in another room. We heard a few barks, grandma scream, and then found the mutt had been flattened by Casie. Apparently the mutt was unpleasant towards David, and Casie protected him. I’m not going to say what happened to the mutt here on the interwebs.
Sadly, Casie passed away early with lymphoma. So our puppies are from a different momma. It’s good to know my family is fiercely & lovingly guarded when I travel.

poppy42
08-21-2022, 05:41 PM
Puppies ��!!!!!!!
Personally I think the are cuter than anything!

Mk42gunner
08-21-2022, 08:47 PM
I had a mostly Rottweiler mutt that was a phenomenal mother. Didn't matter who's it really was, or species.

Robert

Land Owner
08-22-2022, 05:21 AM
Our "Heinz 57", from a Puppy Rescue and sold to us as a 5-week-old Rottweiler-German Shepherd pup, morphed into a 55# Wire Haired Terrier with Rottie markings. Go figure. At nearly 3 y.o. now, we're keeping him...

Wag
08-22-2022, 07:11 AM
That's a cute as cute can get!

--Wag--

MaryB
08-22-2022, 01:38 PM
Puppies! Cute but memories of early crying and whining and training and chewed stuff and... LOL been there!

Texas by God
08-22-2022, 02:27 PM
I like Rottweilers. I base that on the one that my brother had, a very sweet huge dog.
Once I was walking down to the creek bottom to hunt turkeys when lo and behold here comes Sissy- with a Jake gobbler in her mouth.
I cussed her a bit for killing turkeys.
Then I thanked her for the turkey and took it home to cook[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

CastingFool
08-23-2022, 09:50 AM
My nephew bought a Rottweiler puppy. It was cute as a bug. Said puppy is now about a year old, weighs about 100 lbs and is the proverbial bull in the China shop. Glad it's theirs and not ours.

justindad
08-23-2022, 12:01 PM
We have three rotties in our house, plus the 11 puppies. One night around 2AM we were woken up by our dogs barking at the front door. Before I could put my glasses on, I heard car tires peeling out and taking off down the road. The would-be intruders did not like being introduced to the dogs. I then put my biggest one on a leash and walked the streets for 30 minutes. All is well :)

Rooster
08-25-2022, 09:03 PM
Fourteen??? You will be ankle deep in drool and your kibble bill is going to be crazy. I lost my precious little girl a few years ago and haven't recovered from the heartache enough yet to get another. Poopies make me a baby talking idiot, I'm not going to lie. Are you in TX or FL by chance?

white eagle
08-26-2022, 10:21 AM
Fourteen??? You will be ankle deep in drool and your kibble bill is going to be crazy. I lost my precious little girl a few years ago and haven't recovered from the heartache enough yet to get another. Poopies make me a baby talking idiot, I'm not going to lie. Are you in TX or FL by chance?

I think that happens to everyone
it amazes me to watch my son and his wife come and visit and just start babbling on to our 2 kids a shepherd and yellow lab
I so want a rot when our boy passes he is 12 years old, Jack our yellow.
when he was 4 his colon flipped and we had to do surgery on him we were told that only 5% of the dogs survive that but did it anyway
we have been rewarded

BLAHUT
08-26-2022, 11:57 AM
Beautiful dogs>> i have great pyrenees> i got my first one at 6 weeks, she was with me every minute of every day and night, she passed at about 10 years, still miss her so much, i now have 2, f, great pyrenees, 13 months, part blind, and 9 months, very loving dogs, real good with the grand kids, other than the dogs do not relise just how big they are>> i found all in the news paper, had to wate over 2 years to get the last two, hard to get, drove over 6 hours one way to get one, 4 hours one way to get the other, you can also try puppy finder on the web>

lksmith
09-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Rotties are my favorite. the boy I have now, Buddy Bear, is the 4th one I've had and the second male (had a full brother to him named Fluffy Bear). Apparently the 4 I've had never got the message that they were supposed to be dangerous, killer beasts. The biggest problem I've had is that mine have been overly affectionate to the point that they thought they were +100# lap dogs. My little girl can climb all over him and do whatever and the worst that has happened is that he gave her a startled look after she poked him right in the butthole while he was eating. He didn't snap or anything just jumped, looked and went back to eating. None of the ones I've had were scared of anything, and lord have mercy on anyone or anything that threatens my little girl. Pretty sure it'd be safer to sandpaper a lions butt while wearing ribeye chaps than to threaten her. Make sure that you watch them for parvo, because of their mom's antibodies, they require an additional dose of the vaccines for it to take.

Also, if anybody is interested, I have an AKC male with OFA excellent hips that I am willing to stud out. Everybody that has seen him has commented on how handsome he is.

lksmith
09-06-2022, 10:50 PM

Bear bombs (what I call my dog's dookies) are horrible, they'll gag you even upwind. Rotties are the gassiest dogs I've had and they are potent!

justindad
09-08-2022, 12:57 PM
Here’s a 3-week picture of these little guys. They are growing up in South Carolina.

Rickf1985
09-08-2022, 01:17 PM
A coworker of mine has a rottie that is just shy of 200 lbs.. He is a monster. His way of greeting people is definitely intimidating too, He will charge at you flat out and pull up at the last second asking for pets. The only problem with that is you better know the dog because if you get scared and run you will get two steps and he will bowl you over and then just stand there looking at you.

super6
09-08-2022, 02:05 PM
Me and the wife have always had mostly mutts, We are with out now. Depending on where you are in SC we my be interested to buy one of those pups! Send a pm!

MaryB
09-08-2022, 02:46 PM
Friend had rotties, both were big babies who thought they were lap dogs! Except for guys in uniform... UPS guy kicked Shadow one day and from then on any guy in a uniform was met with growling and teeth. Local cop came up trying to sell raffle tickets and he froze... Shadow was behind him on the porch in full threat display... friend had to grab her and drag her in the house before the cop could exit out the gate with the beware of dog sign!

BLAHUT
09-08-2022, 03:09 PM
Puppyfinder.com, puppies.com, on the web

rockrat
09-08-2022, 05:56 PM
I don't know, think the Mastiff/shar-pei/Akita cross the wife once had, had the most dangerous/volatile gas bombs. He was in the living room and all of a sudden got up and ran in the other room. Wife and I looked at each other and Whaaa?? Then it hit. Tears,gagging, choking, didn't think we would make it out of the room before passing out. Dog was hiding under the dining room table, with a guilty but suffering too, look on his face. Hollered his name and he ran to the back door, wanting out. Took awhile before we went back to the living room.

MaryB
09-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Oreo(RIP bud!) my 25 pound tuxedo kitty cleared the house during Super Bowl one year... it was below zero outside and we were all standing outside the front door gagging... that cat was rank! He liked to burrow under the covers... I heard him fart and held the edges down so he couldn't run away LOL he was nt pleased with me for a week after that!But he got the hint and would go fart in the bathroom where I have a motion sensing fan.

super6
09-09-2022, 02:19 PM
My wife did the math, We are nearing 70 and buy the time we are raising a rott @10 years old we will be 80. Just can not see walking a rott @ 80. Even if I make it that far. So we may just look for a 10 year old dog to start with, We some times forget how old we are.

Dio
09-09-2022, 02:32 PM
We lost our rotiie lab mixed a couple of years ago...she was a great dog and I sure do miss her!

farmbif
09-09-2022, 02:34 PM
I only knew one, very faithful and protective, lots of drool

jonp
09-09-2022, 07:19 PM
That's a lot of little worms!! Cute puppies.

justindad
09-11-2022, 10:54 PM
My wife did the math, We are nearing 70 and buy the time we are raising a rott @10 years old we will be 80. Just can not see walking a rott @ 80. Even if I make it that far. So we may just look for a 10 year old dog to start with, We some times forget how old we are.
Rotties take a lot of work, and you have to be ready for that. These guys need walking and they misbehave after a few days of not going at least one mile. You should also be able to physically dominate them in some way (even though we both know they could eat us) - dogs need & want a leader. My 70yo mother wants one for protection in the country while my dad is gone, but she physically cannot be the alpha a rottie needs.
I like to run behind two 100lb+ Rottweilers. It’s kind of humorous to think about how much pain I’d be in if they took off, while knowing they respect my leadership. Just don’t do that while there’s a girl in heat nearby.

jonp
09-13-2022, 06:43 PM
A coworker of mine has a rottie that is just shy of 200 lbs.. He is a monster. His way of greeting people is definitely intimidating too, He will charge at you flat out and pull up at the last second asking for pets. The only problem with that is you better know the dog because if you get scared and run you will get two steps and he will bowl you over and then just stand there looking at you.

Next door neighbor up north had his brother visiting and that guy brought his Rot. Out in my yard and the giant dog wandered over. He yelled "don't shoot her she's friendly" as my hand went to my hip. She walked up, looked at me then leaned on my leg for a scratch. Great dog.
Know the signs of a friendly vs mean dog. Tail position, eye movement, hair on back etc.
I saved a woman in The Yucatan that was about to pet a dog who was ready to lay a world of hurt on her

.429&H110
09-14-2022, 09:21 AM
Son had a Rottie, a bouncy young dog, they came for the holidays...
So did my Mother-in-law, who is nervous around big bouncy dogs.

For their first meeting, the Rott bounced onto the sofa next to her, put his head in her lap, and gave her the big brown eyes.
Nobody can resist big brown puppy eyes. She joined his pack.