PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Prime All to reload primers?

bbogue1
08-20-2022, 08:22 PM
I have some time on my hands, so, I thought I might try my hand at reloading primers. For some time I have been watching videos about how to and the shooting results. Using the powders provided in a Prime All kit it seems possible to reload my own primers, so, I thought I'd try. What are your experiences? One of my worries is the delivery time. I have heard it can take months to get the kit, true?

almar
08-20-2022, 08:45 PM
Ive been doing it for a few years. I would buy maybe one primall kit and give it a try. Then i would go to aardvark reloading and dowload his course. Primall is the h48 mix in his book. I would ditch the little scoop that comes with the kit and use measured weight instead. I would ditch the glass that comes with the kit and get some 325 mesh borosilicate glass. When you are done with h48...you can try the far superior non corrosive mixes in his book. If you like h48 and want to stick with it, buy the seperate ingredients. You will save alot.

almar
08-20-2022, 08:57 PM
Fyi. It may take a little trial and error to get it right but when you do...you will enjoy being self reliant. If you get into it, noe sells primer sizing dies, game changer.

guzma393
08-20-2022, 09:26 PM
It's corrosive, but I had good luck with it in LRP's but not so much on SPP. Opted to just shelf it and hopefully wade out the primer shortage with my current primer supply.