PDA

View Full Version : Prefit recoil pad for Marlin 1894

crabo
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Has anyone ever found a prefit recoil pad for the straight 1894? I ordered one and it didn't come close and had heard of others having the same problem. I need to add 3/4 to an inch in length. Anyone used one that actually fits? I can make one fit, but would rather skip that step if I could.

Thanks,

Scrounger
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Basically you only need a recoil pad when you shoot the gun. (Duh!) I have gone the route of buying one of the good slip on pads for that purpose. One pad can work on any number of rifles. The cost of the one pad is about the cost of one unfitted and uninstalled pad. The more rifles you have, the more money you've saved. Here are a couple of examples:

carpetman
01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Problem with the slip on pads is you usually wind up leaving it on and the wood stains where it is covered.

Scrounger
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Problem with the slip on pads is you usually wind up leaving it on and the wood stains where it is covered.

Put wax paper, plastic wrap, or a soft flannel cloth under it. And remove it when done shooting, unless your sheep is double parked.

leadeye
01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
I had good luck with a prefit recoil pad that I got from Midway for my 1894. It added the extra distance I needed after putting a scope on it for the 08 hunting season. No complaints at all.

crabo
01-29-2009, 02:19 AM
I had good luck with a prefit recoil pad that I got from Midway for my 1894. It added the extra distance I needed after putting a scope on it for the 08 hunting season. No complaints at all.

What brand? Part number?

leadeye
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Pachmayer Decelerator, they only have one for the 1894. I put it on over the top of the white spacer. The fit was very good, not perfect but this is a hunting gun not a show piece. The pad, scope, and WW trigger made all the difference for this old hunter.:-D