PDA

View Full Version : KE Arms FDE complete monolithic polymer lowers on sale at Brownell's

Cosmic_Charlie
08-15-2022, 10:13 AM
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-kp-15-complete-lower-receivers-mil-spec-polymer-prod132661.aspx. i have had good luck with these. You can build a light weight, fast handling rifle on one of these lowers. PSA has some excellent daily deals on uppers and other ar parts too.

Texas by God
08-15-2022, 10:25 PM
I just got one and it is already set up as a lightweight. 300BO. I killed a racoon with it night before last. I've used a CavArms lower for years and these are an improved descendant IMO.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220816/1e414496d100246ce0a548bddfd8c81b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

armoredman
08-15-2022, 10:27 PM
Do they still need the proprietary extra long pins? I really like the looks of the new ones.

Texas by God
08-16-2022, 01:44 PM
Yes, they use their own pins with ball detent.
A big plus( to me) is that they fit tight with no need for accu wedge shims.

beemer
08-16-2022, 09:57 PM
PSA has a store in Denver, NC, a buddy and I rode down and I bought a carbine recently. Sort of a odd place, if they don't have what you want you can't order it and have it shipped to the store. You have to have a lower shipped to another FFL.

I tried to tell the young guy what I wanted, just a simple flat top carbine with a mid-length military style handguard. He ignored me and tried to show me everything but. Finally the manager got involved and put together exactly what I wanted at the daily deal price. It shoots fine and I am pleased with the rifle.

Cosmic_Charlie
08-17-2022, 06:50 AM
PSA has a store in Denver, NC, a buddy and I rode down and I bought a carbine recently. Sort of a odd place, if they don't have what you want you can't order it and have it shipped to the store. You have to have a lower shipped to another FFL.

I tried to tell the young guy what I wanted, just a simple flat top carbine with a mid-length military style handguard. He ignored me and tried to show me everything but. Finally the manager got involved and put together exactly what I wanted at the daily deal price. It shoots fine and I am pleased with the rifle.

I ordered a nickel boron bcg package that came with 10 p mags and also a nickel boron 2 stage trigger and a Sig Romeo 5 site. Psa has some good deals. The upper is coming from Mas Defense, 16" m4 contour 1/8 melonite barrel on a slick side Aero Precision fde upper. Has a 12" light weight fde hand guard and chose a simple A2 muzzle device. Got a Radian Raptor charge handle for it too. Should make a fine, handy carbine.

Cosmic_Charlie
08-17-2022, 07:08 AM
Yes, they use their own pins with ball detent.
A big plus( to me) is that they fit tight with no need for accu wedge shims.

Yes, they do fit the uppers nicely. Mine came in at $170 with tax, shipping and the transfer fee. I have one with an 18" Faxon gunner barrel that shoots like a dream. Your 300 b.o. build sounds interesting and a good choice for cast rifle shooting.

Texas by God
08-17-2022, 03:46 PM
These are my two favorite ARs. The back one has a CavArms lower and Remington .223 barrel. The front one is an Anderson 1-7" twist .300BO on the KE lower.
My first rifle in 1972 was a Nylon 66, therefore I don't have much problem with plastic on a working gun!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220817/6be5b811f05f0cfa313511eaeae8f95e.jpg

beemer
08-17-2022, 05:53 PM
Charlie, I got a mid-length 16" upper in FDE and a matching classic stealth lower. I already had a carrying handle. It was $409 plus tax. Just about as simple as it gets, sort of like things that way. The trigger is a little gritty but will get better, it's not a target rifle anyway.

The barrel has a 1-7 twist, I would have prefered a little slower but it seems to do fine with the 55 gr ammo I tried. I wanted the mid-length to have a little longer sight radius. I shot off the bench to set the sights and most groups were running around 2 1/2 in at 100, so I'm good to go.

Dave