PDA

View Full Version : Painting your molds and pots?

trooperdan
04-05-2005, 11:06 AM
OK, I know I am the new guy here but I want to know if any of you guys paint your molds, ladles, etc? I painted my RCBS and LYMAZ molds with BBQ grill paint and it is holding up pretty well, doesn't burn off and protects the mold from rust.. I hate to see rust on anything!

Now I'm thinking of painting my #3 ladle and small RCBS pot. No, I don't use the 3 pund ladel in the small pot, smarty pants! Seems like it would keep the dross and crap from sticking to the bottom of my ladle and such. And who cares if it has to be renewed once in a while; a can of spray paint will last a long time. The grill paint has a flat, dull appearance but if you wanted something shiny I think the engine enamel high temp paint in the auto shops comes in glossy... heck you could go red or some other flamboyant color!

beagle
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I've taken to spraying the outside of my moulds with moly. It seems to preserve and protect them pretty well.

Other than that, I don't think I'd paint mine. Just a personal preference./beagle

MARCORVET
04-07-2005, 02:13 AM
I'll have to check the heat resistance of Boeshield to see if it will work. I'll check back later.

John Boy
03-13-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll have to check the heat resistance of Boeshield to see if it will work. I'll check back later.
:violin: MARCORVET, it's 2011 ... Six Years Later! [smilie=6:

Doby45
03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
John Boy it would appear you are the one that actually resurrected a 6yr old thread. LOL

scrapcan
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
maybe John Boy is still waiting on the answer related to boeshield?