PDA

View Full Version : Is Pay-Pal Evil -- Anti-gun??

hoodat
08-06-2022, 01:14 PM
OK, so I just donated my disposable income to our Cast Boolits fund drive. Since I'm basically lazy about this stuff, I used PayPal since I'm still hooked up with them.

However it seems like I'm always hearing negative stuff about them, and I'm wondering if it's true or pertinent to our cause. What say Y'all?? jd

MaryB
08-06-2022, 01:20 PM
They will lock your account if you use it to buy a gun or ammo... I have gotten by selling jacketed bullets by listing them as fishing sinkers... bend the rules!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-06-2022, 02:42 PM
Most Banks are Woke.
Just google the ESG report (or rating) of any Bank you are curious about.

backwoods_bob
08-06-2022, 03:28 PM
Sam's Club credit card has always worked for me for firearms purchases. Likely will as long as WalMart sells guns.

Mal Paso
08-06-2022, 04:09 PM
Almost all the gun parts on evil bay can be bought with PayPal. If there's a problem I haven't seen it.

Tazman1602
08-06-2022, 04:24 PM
In the beginning YES, they would seize your account if it had any funds in it and hood it hostage. BUT, since eBay bought them not so bad, I recently bought a 410 barrel for my Bond Arms derringer no problem.

Art

Froogal
08-06-2022, 05:16 PM
I won't use pay pal. Period.

Handloader109
08-06-2022, 06:30 PM
Ebay divested themselves of PayPal several years ago. They are two different companies, totally. Btw, PayPal also owns Venmo, 100% I've never had issues buying anything PayPal can be used for. But I don't keep any money in their system but maybe $20 to 30....it gets moved

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
08-06-2022, 06:55 PM
Are they, maybe, I don't know, I do use them from time to time.
Seems about everything is anti-gun these days.

Finster101
08-06-2022, 07:03 PM
They will lock your account if you use it to buy a gun or ammo... I have gotten by selling jacketed bullets by listing them as fishing sinkers... bend the rules!

I have never experienced this, and I do it a lot.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-06-2022, 07:23 PM
I have never experienced this, and I do it a lot.

While I never had my account locked (and I also use Paypal a lot), I did have some funds locked. It was several years ago. I was in the middle of a deal with a castboolit member, I think it was GRUMPA (may he rest in peace), anyway they locked his account for some other reason, BUT they also locked the funds I sent...in the middle of the deal. I had to get my Bank involved (the source of the paypal funds I sent), they assured me paypal would return my funds. So, I sent other funds via MO to GRUMPA ...then a few weeks later Paypal returned the first payment funds back to my account.

Guncrank
08-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Never did cotton to the idea that I should pay a bank or company to handle/transfer my money and still don't! No pay-pal or for that matter debit bank cards for me. I much prefer a run of the mill Visa or Mastercard and enjoy operating on their monies for 4 weeks between billing cycles! However, that does take some planning and fiscal restraint in order to be able to pay those bills in full every month!

It's going on 40 years since I've paid the card company's a penny in carryover balance interest.

GC

Finster101
08-07-2022, 07:49 AM
Never did cotton to the idea that I should pay a bank or company to handle/transfer my money and still don't! No pay-pal or for that matter debit bank cards for me. I much prefer a run of the mill Visa or Mastercard and enjoy operating on their monies for 4 weeks between billing cycles! However, that does take some planning and fiscal restraint in order to be able to pay those bills in full every month!

It's going on 40 years since I've paid the card company's a penny in carryover balance interest.

GC

My PayPal account is linked to a PayPal Mastercard that I earn points on and can redeem for cash. I pay off the balance each month and last year earned $300.00 in cash. While that is not an earth shattering amount of money it was gotten simply by doing what i would do anyway. I have no complaints with PayPal.

That card is the only one I use online as well. I have had no problem using it a Midway, Brownells or any other gun related sight.

kerplode
08-07-2022, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't go so far to say that PayPal is evil, but they are most certainly anti-gun, as are the vast majority of large corporations these days.

I do consider Facebook to be actively evil, however.

higgins
08-07-2022, 06:18 PM
I opened a paypal account years ago to use on ebay and never used it anywhere else. Then so many ebay sellers started taking credit cards that I closed my paypal account. Haven't missed it since.

Froogal
08-08-2022, 10:27 AM
Safest method for any type of firearms transaction is face to face, and use cash.

Mal Paso
08-08-2022, 11:10 AM
Before PayPal if you wanted to send your kid $20 it would cost you another $10 for Western Union and people think PayPal charges too much.

I think at times they have been too liberal with refunds but I've never seen anti gun policies.

schutzen-jager
08-08-2022, 11:52 AM
Before PayPal if you wanted to send your kid $20 it would cost you another $10 for Western Union and people think PayPal charges too much.

I think at times they have been too liberal with refunds but I've never seen anti gun policies.

+++ totally agree - like others i only keep a very small amount in paypal + the account it is linked to for protection from accoubt holds which do happen - -

GregLaROCHE
08-08-2022, 12:31 PM
I’ve bought several guns using PayPal, no problems. I’ve also bought a lot of gun related things from Ebay using PayPal. PayPal has been on my side a couple of times to when a deal didn’t go well. I will always choose PayPal over giving my card info out to pay for something.

uscra112
08-08-2022, 12:55 PM
You had to ask?????

Several years ago I had a series of fraudulent charges on my MasterCard. The nice lady at the issuing bank told me that they were all tracked back to security breaches at PayPal. About that time PP demanded access to my bank account. Hell, no! I quit using PayPal, but they STILL won't close my account.

Idaho45guy
08-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Basically every large corporation is anti-gun, anti-conservative, pro-LGBT, pro-abortion, etc.

It's sickening.

Just read that Cummins is threatening to move out of Indiana because of the new abortion law. Cummins! Another few years and conservatives will be unable to buy products or have access to goods and services.

uscra112
08-09-2022, 05:14 PM
Is Navistar still in indy?

gc45
08-09-2022, 05:58 PM
I dropped my account and won't go back. Cash, check or Money Orders work just fine besides, these corporations will push us all into digital soon, meaning your days are numbered as uncle will control us and our money 100% if not already..Sad days ahead unless we get Trump and many more like him.