PDA

View Full Version : Midway

jsizemore
08-03-2022, 07:38 PM
Went to order some jacketed bullets from Midway Sunday morning but my free ship code had expired. Monday morning I got a new code so I ordered my on sale bullets with free shipping before breakfast. Came home for lunch and had notice that my order had processed. At supper got notice my order had shipped by USPS and had a tracking number which said it was priority mail. This morning, Wednesday, a check of the tracking number said my package was at my PO before breakfast. 2 days from Mo. to NC delivered to my PO box. WOW!

gpidaho
08-03-2022, 08:12 PM
I buy a lot of products from Midway. They have always treated me right. Even when the shipping is free the purchase arrives promptly. Gp

Mal Paso
08-03-2022, 09:19 PM
Well I ordered on Monday and my order still isn't in UPS hands. I asked what went wrong with Nitro Shipping and they said contact them if it hasn't arrived by the 14th. Nitro Shipping FTF!

sparky45
08-03-2022, 09:57 PM
Went to order some jacketed bullets from Midway Sunday morning but my free ship code had expired. Monday morning I got a new code so I ordered my on sale bullets with free shipping before breakfast. Came home for lunch and had notice that my order had processed. At supper got notice my order had shipped by USPS and had a tracking number which said it was priority mail. This morning, Wednesday, a check of the tracking number said my package was at my PO before breakfast. 2 days from Mo. to NC delivered to my PO box. WOW!

That's a lot faster than from Mo. to KS. Anymore I only buy from Midway as a last resort.

contender1
08-03-2022, 10:47 PM
I too recently ordered from Midway. And like the OP, it was a total of (3) days from order to delivery. Even though the "scheduled deliver date is tomorrow,, I got the stuff last week.
They have always treated me very well.

armoredman
08-04-2022, 12:29 AM
I got my order right on time today from MidwayUSA, using UPS SurePost.

QuackAttack24
08-04-2022, 01:20 AM
I order from Midway probably 2 or 3 times a month, and have for years. Never had a problem with any delivery, and their return process is easy. They take returns no questions asked.

jsizemore
08-04-2022, 02:44 AM
Well I ordered on Monday and my order still isn't in UPS hands. I asked what went wrong with Nitro Shipping and they said contact them if it hasn't arrived by the 14th. Nitro Shipping FTF!

My packages from Midway have been shipped UPS and then handed off to the local PO for final delivery. This is the first package USPS start to finish.

wallacem
08-06-2022, 09:29 AM
I like Midway. Wallacem

T-Bird
08-06-2022, 05:54 PM
I never had anything but great service from Midway. I've ordered from them for 20+ years. At one point, I had bought so much from them they sent me a free hat (I still wear it).

Guncrank
08-06-2022, 06:31 PM
I too have to say that Larry Potterfield's what-not shop is my reloading components supply house of absolute last resort and then only if I can't possibly put off the purchase until places like Graf's, Midsouth or BPI restock!

My last half-dozen orders all came in damaged due to Midway's insistence on putting easily broken/ruined items in with boxes of heavyweight items like boolets and little to no packing materials. My guess is that someone made the command decision that several cents per package could be saved if old news print and the labor to wad it up were eliminated from the shipping process!

GC

elmacgyver0
08-06-2022, 06:47 PM
I like Midway, but Their shipping dept leaves a bit to be desired.

Mal Paso
08-07-2022, 01:49 PM
I worried over the last order. Do I really want 1,000 bullets in the same box as targets but separate shipping was too expensive. They did an excellent job and everything arrived in perfect condition.

I himmed and hawed over shooting rests for weeks. Midway had the lead sled on sale but that's a lot to haul to the range and a rest and rear bag seemed closer to shooting in the field. I am trying to find the accuracy in a couple rifles and the cheap bags I bought are not quite enough. I am tall and our range is uphill so the big Caldwell BR Rest was just tall enough. I made the best deal I could, it's still in transit, and Midway dropped the price A BUNCH. My whole self image of getting the best deal is Shattered! LOL But if you need one Midway has the big rest and rear bag for $110.

Shawlerbrook
08-07-2022, 02:03 PM
I have no problems with any of the above mentioned toy stores. In these crazy times shipping is sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

GuyKickinit
08-07-2022, 02:21 PM
I himmed and hawed over shooting rests for weeks. Midway had the lead sled on sale but that's a lot to haul to the range and a rest and rear bag seemed closer to shooting in the field. I am trying to find the accuracy in a couple rifles and the cheap bags I bought are not quite enough. I am tall and our range is uphill so the big Caldwell BR Rest was just tall enough. I made the best deal I could, it's still in transit, and Midway dropped the price A BUNCH. My whole self image of getting the best deal is Shattered! LOL But if you need one Midway has the big rest and rear bag for $110.

I was too cheap to pay the price so I took a pair of $2 kid jeans from the 2nd hand store and cut the legs off in 8 inch pieces. sewed up one end, filled with sand, sewed up the other end and now I stack 'em to desired height.

That being said, I too have had great service from Midway.

kerplode
08-07-2022, 02:31 PM
I've spent a TON of money with Uncle Larry over the years. They've more or less always treated me right.

Their shipping department can be a little sketchy sometimes (little thing banging around in a big box, or box bursting at the seams from being overstuffed with packing and barely being held together with one piece of tape) and lately, their prices are becoming less competitive, but they are still my first source to check when I need something.

elmacgyver0
08-07-2022, 02:45 PM
I worried over the last order. Do I really want 1,000 bullets in the same box as targets but separate shipping was too expensive. They did an excellent job and everything arrived in perfect condition.

I bought an ATN digital scope from Sportsman's Guide and while checking out a popup came up wanting to sell me a HY-Score traverse and elevation mount for $29.95, they normal sold for $80 so I went ahead and bought it.
It is a really nice mount but with what I would call a flaw.
It has a handle that raises and lowers the rifle and a knob that locks in the position, only the lock is two serrated disks that never seem to lock in the exact position you want.
I made a reversible modification that allows a smooth use of the elevation lever leaving the gun in any position you want.
I put a review on Sportsman's Guide detailing my modification.
When I got my mount, the instructions mentioned a portable shooting bench that the mount really works well on, although you can use the mount anywhere, the bench is not a necessity.
Well low and behold the bench seemed to be discontinued.
Fortunately, I found one on Ebay listed as used and bought it.
When it arrived, it was in the original factory packaging and was never opened.
I found one flaw with it.
It had a mount to use a spotting scope and had a hole to store the knob to mount the scope when not in use, the hole was never threaded, a 1/4-20 tap fixed that in short order.
It seems the T & E mount was discontinued a for a while and now is back at the original price.
I really like it and you may want to check it out.
I tried to leave a link, but they don't seem to have them now, but they did like two days ago.
I guess never mind.

elmacgyver0
08-07-2022, 02:59 PM
https://fishgame.com/2016/08/hyskore-shooting-bench-shooting-rest/
I finally found a place that has a review of both the HySkore track and elevation and the portable bench.

canyon-ghost
08-07-2022, 05:01 PM
I was too cheap to pay the price so I took a pair of $2 kid jeans from the 2nd hand store and cut the legs off in 8 inch pieces. sewed up one end, filled with sand, sewed up the other end and now I stack 'em to desired height.

That being said, I too have had great service from Midway.

I'm doing that too! A friend sewed up some shot bags and even put web strap handles on them. Love 'em!

Ron

lightman
08-08-2022, 10:50 AM
I've shopped with Midway from about the time they opened and have always been happy with them.

Mal Paso
08-08-2022, 11:17 PM
Well the Caldwell "The Rock BR" got here and I picked it up on the way to the range. The darn course adjustment screw was bent and broken. Still got my shooting in. We'll now see how Midway Customer Service is. LOL

Fine day at the range! Nice small crowd on a Monday.

daengmei
08-09-2022, 06:24 PM
Never a problem with Midway shipping here to Central Ky. It seems some of you just live in really bad places for shipping.

Pereira
08-09-2022, 06:31 PM
Ordered bullets either Fri. or Sat. and the arrived today.

RP

Mal Paso
08-09-2022, 06:58 PM
Midway doesn't do phone anymore and they responded to my email in less than a day. The whole bench rest is boxed up and going back, they can't send one part I guess. I figured if I gotta haul it back to town I'd get the $110 version with a rear bag and get $10 back. At biden prices that should cover half the gas. LOL

elmacgyver0
08-09-2022, 07:18 PM
I think Midway needs to hire Tripplebeards.
I bought a little Murdock rimfire rifle from him and he had it packed so well it probably could have survived an A-bomb blast at ground zero.

Soundguy
08-09-2022, 09:04 PM
It's amazing.. The USPS can ship cross country in a day and a half once..then the next time it takes 3 weeks.
I ordered a roll crimp tool from precosion in SD.. On July 13..shipped 15th. By 17th showed in Wisconsin.. By 19 showed enroute to next destination.. Fast forward a week... The tracking data now only showed SD, and delayed... The Wisconsin data was gone..never happenned. Precision shipped me another via FedEx..got here in 3 days..been using it. Low and behold now over 3 weeks late..the USPS one showed up..no tracking updates. I refused it at the request of precision. Wonder how many weeks it will take to get back??

USPS... Fast or slow..or lost... Roll the dice..

Mal Paso
08-09-2022, 09:05 PM
It was Caldwell's packing that failed not Midway's. There was a display box inside a shipping box. The casting was not secured very well, just cardboard inserts at each end. The knob punched through both Caldwell's boxes but not the Midway box.