View Full Version : Mold makers for Ballisticast machines

Ausglock
07-30-2022, 01:09 AM
G'day All.

I have 3 Ballisti-cast machines.
some molds were made by NVM.
Some by hardline.
some by Accurate Molds.
All work great. But. Accurate can't make full round nose molds due to the equipment used.
NVM and Hardline no longer make molds.
I need a supplier of molds that can make round nose, no lube groove and bevel based molds.

Also. the mold maker would have to ship to Australia.

Either PM or email if you know anyone

glock40sw@bigpond.com

thanks.

M-Tecs
07-30-2022, 01:50 AM
Conversion kilts here. https://www.mp-molds.com/product/ballisticast-blank-mold-kit/

Mal Paso
07-30-2022, 06:41 PM
MP Molds makes iron molds for machines now. https://www.mp-molds.com/product-category/machine-molds/

There are RN in 38 and 45. If not in stock ask to be notified when they run. I've had good luck with that method.

Ausglock
07-31-2022, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the replies and the links.

deltaenterprizes
08-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Magma molds work, I used them on my Ballisticast!

Ausglock
08-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Magma molds work, I used them on my Ballisticast!

Thanks for he info.
What has to be changed on the molds to go from Magma to Ballisti?

Jhopson
08-03-2022, 08:06 AM
The sprue plate and the mounting blocks. But the issue is with the mounting blocks attach to the molds. The magma mold uses two bolts to firmly attach the mounting blocks while the balli uses a center pin that allows the mold to shake a little in order for the bullets to fall out.
You can use the magma molds on the ballisticast machine but the lack of movement for the mold will lead to bullets sticking in the cavities.
I have an American Casting machine that is modeled after the old Ballisticast models and this is the issue I have had with using magma molds on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausglock
08-04-2022, 08:45 PM
The sprue plate and the mounting blocks. But the issue is with the mounting blocks attach to the molds. The magma mold uses two bolts to firmly attach the mounting blocks while the balli uses a center pin that allows the mold to shake a little in order for the bullets to fall out.
You can use the magma molds on the ballisticast machine but the lack of movement for the mold will lead to bullets sticking in the cavities.
I have an American Casting machine that is modeled after the old Ballisticast models and this is the issue I have had with using magma molds on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info... I was wondering about that myself. As the Magma machins have a mold knocker to free the bullets where the Ballist Autocaster has 3 sawteeth that uses to rattle the molds to free bullets.
The Ballisti mark X machines only have 1 sawtooth to rattle the molds.