PDA

View Full Version : Strange Response When Posting Quick Reply

alamogunr
07-29-2022, 05:32 PM
The last two "Quick Reply's" that I have posted have prompted a message that I may lose my post. Turns out I don't but never had this happen before.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-29-2022, 06:58 PM
Sometimes that happens to me also-- it's says something like leaving this page may result in loss of what you've posted. As you noted, if you "go back" to the list of threads nothing happens. Except that sometimes you get a double post. I don't know the mystery behind it. It's happened to me off and on for well over a year, and comes and goes.

DG

gwpercle
08-03-2022, 11:46 AM
Sometimes that happens to me also-- it's says something like leaving this page may result in loss of what you've posted. As you noted, if you "go back" to the list of threads nothing happens. Except that sometimes you get a double post. I don't know the mystery behind it. It's happened to me off and on for well over a year, and comes and goes.

DG

This has also happened to me ... off and on for the past two years ...
it gives me two options ... leave this page or go back ... I'm not sure what the correct answer is .

Should I leave the page or go back ?
Whatever I did last time gave me a double post ... I hate double post but spometimes I can't figure out how to delete the second ... :holysheep

DougGuy
08-03-2022, 11:56 AM
The site appears like it's lagging, you get the revolving icon meaning it's thinking about it, and you post again you get the same response but a double post.

The easy thing to do (on a PC) is to simply open a new tab, navigate to the thread you are attempting to reply in, and look to see if your reply is there. 99% chance your reply is there and you can simply close the tab that's still waiting on a response from the server.

Soundguy
08-03-2022, 12:25 PM
I'm on a phone.. I see it often. I choose leave. Usually works out ok.

gpidaho
08-03-2022, 01:03 PM
I've been having trouble getting replies to post also. As above, the little thinking about it circle appears and then I get the This Site can't be reached notice. Other times it double posts. I'm glad others posted about this as I thought it might be my server. Ran the Webroot scan and found noting wrong on my PC. Gp

Electrod47
08-03-2022, 01:46 PM
This has happened to me also. I found the best thing to do is "Copy" the text I want to save. Leave. Go back to the thread. Start over "Paste" my comments and finish it up if need be etc. That way you don't waste a lot of typing.

schutzen-jager
08-03-2022, 02:57 PM

DG

been happening to me also on all replies for past week or so -

gwpercle
08-04-2022, 06:49 PM
The site appears like it's lagging, you get the revolving icon meaning it's thinking about it, and you post again you get the same response but a double post.

The easy thing to do (on a PC) is to simply open a new tab, navigate to the thread you are attempting to reply in, and look to see if your reply is there. 99% chance your reply is there and you can simply close the tab that's still waiting on a response from the server.

Thanks ... I'm going to print this ...so I wont forget ... and do it when it happens again .

Appreciate the help :drinks:
Gary