PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pie Iron recipes?

hc18flyer
07-26-2022, 05:39 PM
I have to confess, I bought some for my Grandkids to play with, and honestly haven't really used them yet. May have an opportunity this weekend(make an opportunity). We have made apple pies and 'snails', pizza like with sundried tomatoes, sausage, pepperoni and cheeze. Do you have recipes you like? I love calzones, so that is a 'must'! Thanks, hc18flyer

MT Gianni
07-26-2022, 05:57 PM
We have always done hot ham and cheese sandwiches and pie fillings or jam for deserts. When you butter the outside of the bread for pies, sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar.

Pipefitter
07-26-2022, 09:13 PM
Try pastrami and Swiss on thin sliced rye bread. Best pie iron sammich I ever had... butter on the outside and spicy mustard on the inside.

hc18flyer
07-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Pipefitter- You are speaking my language, love pastrami on rye!

JimB..
07-26-2022, 09:40 PM
Try pastrami and Swiss on thin sliced rye bread. Best pie iron sammich I ever had... butter on the outside and spicy mustard on the inside.

Thinly sliced onion

fastdadio
07-26-2022, 10:17 PM
Breakfast burritos are a favorite in our camp. Spray the irons with non stick butter, lay in the tortilla shell, add scrambled eggs, your meat, we like ground sausage, and shred cheese. Fold and bake till golden brown. I like a dallop of salsa in there.
Cinnamon rasin bread over canned apple pie filling.

Lifeshort
07-28-2022, 03:50 PM
We set up a pie iron buffet line
Bread
Butter

Ham
Sliced Cheese

Thinly sliced roast elk, beef, deer
BBQ Sauce

Shredded roast mixed with mayo onions diced dill pickles(like tuna salad)

Sliced Pepperoni
Green Peppers
Grated Cheese
Pizza Sauce

Sloppy Joe Meat

Get back from hunting build a fire. Let it burn down to coals. Everyone build your own grilled sandwiched and cook them in the pie irons. Dinner done.

hawkenhunter50
07-28-2022, 07:35 PM
We do the pie filling too but also add some marshmallow fluff to it.

fastdadio
07-28-2022, 08:21 PM
We do the pie filling too but also add some marshmallow fluff to it.

Yup, cherry pie filling with marshmallow and a chunk of Hershey choco bar. Kind of a choco-cherry s'more... mmmmm.

sparky45
07-28-2022, 08:24 PM
https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/pie-iron-recipes/