PDA

View Full Version : Computer help needed.

waksupi
07-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Question for my computer gurus. New computer, Linux Mint. The search/address line shows the font only MAYBE 1/16" high. Is there a way to make it larger?

popper
07-23-2022, 11:48 AM
set the default font size in the system settings (System Settings/Fonts). Set the same font size in Firefox (Edit/Preferences/Content/Fonts and Colors) and Thunderbird (Edit/Preferences/Display/Formatting/Fonts and Colors). All Settings/Panel/ by selecting the Customised panel size box AND the Scale panel text box.
Reduce screen resolution.

DougGuy
07-23-2022, 01:04 PM
I find it very convenient to hold down the Ctrl button and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse to change things where I can read them. I usually have my Firefox on 133% or 150% zoom.

waksupi
07-23-2022, 03:27 PM
That didn't work out for me. I found this online, I'm going to try;

If your referring to the Google url address search box the size of it is determined by your dpi setting,
Close your browser,
Click the start button on the taskbar or press the Windows logo key,
Type in the search box,
dpi
Click on make text and other items larger or smaller,
The default setting is 100% verify and increase it to 125-or click on Custom to use a percentage not listed/ personally I use 140% dpi.

waksupi
07-23-2022, 03:28 PM
I find it very convenient to hold down the Ctrl button and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse to change things where I can read them. I usually have my Firefox on 133% or 150% zoom.

Not the problem.

DougGuy
07-23-2022, 04:43 PM
Made into your Linux Mint distro is the hexchat app, start/internet/hexchat just click that and you will go into the #linuxmint-help channel, you can also type /j #linuxmint-chat which is a chat channel for LM, you can ask questions in either room.

Pretty nifty feature, live help like right now..