PDA

View Full Version : Reloaders Nation legit? Or scam?

Kyle M.
07-21-2022, 05:49 PM
I wasn’t sure where to post this so hopefully I’m in the right place. Hi

Has anyone here ever ordered from this site? www.reloadersnation.com There prices are in line with my local shops, when they can get stuff. I was thinking of ordering some primers from them. The website looks very good if it’s a scam but I’m still a bit leery. Thanks in advance due any help.

shooter bob
07-21-2022, 05:58 PM
Looks like a scam to me .in faq it says credit card companies make it hard for reloading companies to use there network.I buy from many companies and use a credit card I would be leery. I would wait until I would here from someone who actually felt with them good luck .Bob

ohen cepel
07-21-2022, 06:08 PM
They have lots of primer options, at low prices; and don't take credit cards. I would not deal with them.
Plus, no phone orders nor address given on the sight. Also, odd grammar in their FAQ's of more Queen's English than Kansas (where the phone # points) dialect.

What payment do they take? I wasn't going to get too far into their system to find out.

Seems too good to be true...........

Kyle M.
07-21-2022, 07:48 PM
I found them through a user on another site who claims to use them, but who knows. Their prices are right in line with local prices. I can get primers for $5/1000 which is still nearly double pre pandemic prices but not bad by today’s standards. The only problem is they’ll only sell me 300 per week. I’ll wait and see if I can actually find anyone that’s used this company before. While the credit card business is fishy I know plenty of small businesses that do not take credit cards due to the fees the credit card companies charge.

Handloader109
07-21-2022, 09:06 PM
I put in fake address and name for fake order. They only take bitcoin and cash app? And in their fake faq, they say they ship all over the world. Yeah sure. Not with bitcoin and cash app and actually follow the law. You have ZERO RECOURSE if they don't ship your order. Frauds. I have and take credit cards. It ain't hard, and it ain't difficult. At least 3 companies I know of actively recruit gun companies as clients for their CC processing. RUN from them.
Quit trying to find primers and powder from odd companies.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

reddog81
07-21-2022, 09:07 PM
. I’ll wait and see if I can actually find anyone that’s used this company before. While the credit card business is fishy I know plenty of small businesses that do not take credit cards due to the fees the credit card companies charge.

You aren’t actually this gullible are you?

Kyle M.
07-21-2022, 11:03 PM
You aren’t actually this gullible are you?

As someone who worked for one of said businesses, a small local gun store I know this to be fact. Visa wanted 15% of there total credit card sales as fees, that was in 2015. By the way I decided to give them a chance, I ordered 1000 large rifle primers from them, they did in fact charge a hazmat fee and I had a tracking number within 15 minutes. In a few days I guess we’ll see what UPS brings me. Perhaps primers, perhaps a box of gravel.

My bank is very good about reversing charges, even with a payment through CashApp. Everybody is taking BitCoin and CashApp these days and even though I’ma but behind the times I only find that marginally sketchy.

Multra
07-21-2022, 11:13 PM
As someone who worked for one of said businesses, a small local gun store I know this to be fact. Visa wanted 15% of there total credit card sales as fees, that was in 2015. By the way I decided to give them a chance, I ordered 1000 large rifle primers from them, they did in fact charge a hazmat fee and I had a tracking number within 15 minutes. In a few days I guess we値l see what UPS brings me. Perhaps primers, perhaps a box of gravel.

My bank is very good about reversing charges, even with a payment through CashApp. Everybody is taking BitCoin and CashApp these days and even though I知a but behind the times I only find that marginally sketchy.

You just got scammed, and good luck with getting your money back from a cashapp purchase.

Kyle M.
07-22-2022, 12:45 AM
You just got scammed, and good luck with getting your money back from a cashapp purchase.

I’ve done it before I’ll do it again. My bank will reverse any charge for any reason.

john.k
07-22-2022, 02:26 AM
Isnt there any feedback,or reviews on the review sites?.........although,IMHO anyone mentions Bitcoin,thats the turn off for me.

barnabus
07-22-2022, 05:12 AM
:popcorn:

MR45
07-22-2022, 05:30 AM
Watch out for tactical pro reloads and guns that’s another scam site

Handloader109
07-22-2022, 10:42 AM
As someone who worked for one of said businesses, a small local gun store I know this to be fact. Visa wanted 15% of there total credit card sales as fees, that was in 2015. By the way I decided to give them a chance, I ordered 1000 large rifle primers from them, they did in fact charge a hazmat fee and I had a tracking number within 15 minutes. In a few days I guess we値l see what UPS brings me. Perhaps primers, perhaps a box of gravel.

My bank is very good about reversing charges, even with a payment through CashApp. Everybody is taking BitCoin and CashApp these days and even though I知a but behind the times I only find that marginally sketchy.1.5% to 1.7% is a std fee for a fairly large CC processor. I pay 2.2% plus a quarter per transaction with no monthly or annual fee. 15% is not nearly an actual number.....
And my bank will not reverse cash app.... anyone offering only those two are scams. And btw, I can create a UPS or FedEx label for nothing. You create it, get the number and then void the transaction. Voila, you have a number that the customer can "see" or you just do a $5 box and let it sit.... for hundreds of dollars, I'd do that.... let us know when it starts moving.... I'd bet it stays "waiting on package "

Wheelguns 1961
07-22-2022, 11:12 AM
Before I order from anyone on the internet, I run them through this free search. They get a 39.2 rating out of 100 with 100 being the best.http://https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/reloadersnation-com-review/

Soundguy
07-22-2022, 12:44 PM
Watching this with interest. Wonder why someone would willingly be scammed when..if you want legit primers ..they are 11c @ at real stores like brownells.

Some people do have to urinate on the electric fence I guess. No cc as a payment option as an online company? That's a 99.9999% flag as a scam.

gwpercle
07-22-2022, 12:45 PM
You aren稚 actually this gullible are you?

:holysheep Looks like he is ... :popcorn: Lets see how this plays out .

I hope the primers and the site are for real ... tired of seeing scammers cheating folks .
Gary

Electrod47
07-22-2022, 01:30 PM
Once again, If you have to ask the question, "Are these guys a scam?" The answer is always YES'
Times are tough. If I feel I'm gonna get hosed ( price wise ) anyway, I'll take my beating from somebody that's been around a long time.

Eddie Southgate
07-22-2022, 02:02 PM
No address , No phone number , no good . Nothing but a scam. Who calls telephone orders "Telephonic Orders" ?? Anything that looks like it could be a scam almost certainly is one. Never attempt to buy from anybody that does not list a address for their business. You can do a search on an address and see what is actually at that location . 99.9 % of all addresses listed to these un recognized gun related businesses that I have checked have been abandoned commercial properties or for sale residential. If you have money you just want to give away you can send it to me , I'm a real nice guy . :grin::kidding:

gwpercle
07-22-2022, 02:04 PM
Once again, If you have to ask the question, "Are these guys a scam?" The answer is always YES'
Times are tough. If I feel I'm gonna get hosed ( price wise ) anyway, I'll take my beating from somebody that's been around a long time.

After running all over town , for two days , looking for 38 special brass ... I on-line ordered 200 New Starline from a place called Powder Valley Inc. ... They are legit . Order placed Sunday night , accepted my credit card and the brass was in my hands at noon Wednesday .
I had never done any business with them ... but they are straight shooters .
Postage and handling was $9.95 but I spent more than that in gas driving all over town and to two nearby towns ...7 dealers and not one had a 38 special case ... the indoor shooting didn't have any ... Holy Sheep what's this world coming to .
I did find plenty of 22 LR and even caught a sale on Winchester Super X !
Gary

reddog81
07-22-2022, 02:06 PM
1.5% to 1.7% is a std fee for a fairly large CC processor. I pay 2.2% plus a quarter per transaction with no monthly or annual fee. 15% is not nearly an actual number.....

Correct, 2% to 3% might be realistic. 15% would be insane. Anyone who tells you that they are paying 15% is lying. I occasionally covered for the Credit Card Manager for a mid-sized convenience store chain. On a number of occasions (people out for maternity leave, turnover in the position, etc) I had to calculate all the credit card fees each month, for every store, for each card type. 1.5% to 2% would be standard but a small shop might have to pay a bit more.

Debit cards can have a set fee plus a %. It's possible on a $2 transaction you could have a $.25 debit card fee plus 1%. In that scenario you could be close to 15%, but only on transaction under a few bucks. Most gun shops aren't doing many $2 transactions. The killer for gun shops is that they are doing large transactions. 3% on a $2,000 purchase ends up being $60 you have to pay just because a customer used a credit card.

Soundguy
07-22-2022, 02:35 PM
And another thing..for those willing to try scams then get their bank to reimburse them... Many times the bank is eating the fraud.. And the scammers get paid.

MrWolf
07-22-2022, 02:48 PM
Hope it works for you. Please keep us updated on what happens. Good luck

Kyle M.
08-02-2022, 12:31 PM
Watching this with interest. Wonder why someone would willingly be scammed when..if you want legit primers ..they are 11c @ at real stores like brownells.

Some people do have to urinate on the electric fence I guess. No cc as a payment option as an online company? That's a 99.9999% flag as a scam.

11 cents each? That is price gouging. They are $7/100 at one local gun shop and $5/100 at another, that is still gouging. Granted they go fast and they’re still limiting people to 300 per week. Components and ammo have not gone up it is the gun shop owners and their distributors ripping us off. CCI, Hornady, and Black Hills put out press releases about it last summer. They even threatened to cut off dealers and distributors that were price gouging, as they should.

Kyle M.
08-02-2022, 12:35 PM
I received an email the day after placing my order stating that due to supply chain issues my order would be delayed 7-14 days. Yesterday the tracking number showed that the package is indeed moving. Estimated delivery is Thursday, we’ll see what’s in it when it gets here.

salpal48
08-02-2022, 02:28 PM
Their Ph # has a Kansas City Mo. Location but No address

Multra
08-05-2022, 07:01 PM
What's in the box?

Soundguy
08-05-2022, 10:33 PM
Can't wait to hear...

ACC
08-05-2022, 10:45 PM
I found them through a user on another site who claims to use them, but who knows. Their prices are right in line with local prices. I can get primers for $5/1000 which is still nearly double pre pandemic prices but not bad by today痴 standards. The only problem is they値l only sell me 300 per week. I値l wait and see if I can actually find anyone that痴 used this company before. While the credit card business is fishy I know plenty of small businesses that do not take credit cards due to the fees the credit card companies charge.

With prices that low it's a scam.

ACC

lancem
08-06-2022, 05:50 PM
I just tried going to their website and their facebook page, both have been taken down.

Handloader109
08-06-2022, 06:27 PM
What's in the box?Most probably one spent primer. Oh well, we told him.... again, NEVER buy from anyone who wants bitcoin or other crypto. If anyone thinks bitcoin is the next best thing, they've most probably lost 75% of their money in past 3 months. What was over $60k is now 23k. I'd rather go play the lottery, and I don't.

elmacgyver0
08-06-2022, 07:04 PM
They may be on the up and up, but.
If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck, it is a pretty good chance it is a Duck.
I guess we'll see.
You never know, they may be legit, stranger things have happened.

Big Tom
08-07-2022, 09:06 AM
100% scam. The domain got registered at 2022-07-03T16:11:59Z and is hiding the owner's name (which is not unusual, but for a new domain in that field not clever unless you have a reason to hide it).

bisleyfan41
08-07-2022, 08:29 PM
Well, Thursday was the 4th. Today is the 7th. No report by now means he got scammed. And likely you won't hear from him again.

We, shooters, reloaders, casters, etc. as a whole, can be some of the most frugal people on the planet. Nothing bad with that, but pushed to the extreme gets us in trouble. I guess some just can't resist the "too good to be true" deals. Like moths to a flame. That how these crooks stay in business.

I used to feel sorry, but everybody should know about these "dealers" by now. Evertime I see a post that's titled "Is XYZ company legit?", I just sigh. Yet folks continue to throw cash at 'em. At this point, you get what you get.

fatnhappy
08-14-2022, 05:19 PM

Caveat emptor

Soundguy
08-14-2022, 06:47 PM
One thing I've seen on another gun site that I'm a member of is basically fake users logging in and asking questions exactly like this hey I found this new site and I placed an order I'll let you know how it turns out and then they'll come back and say oh yeah no I got my stuff and it's great I've got another order going through and then it turns out to be a scam and they were basically actors

farmbif
08-14-2022, 07:19 PM
the extent some people will go to scam you out of your money though fraud on the internet is absolutely insane. if these scammers put as much effort into some sort of legitimate enterprise they would probably be very successful. but its just typical behavior for someone with no morals or ethics.

MrWolf
08-15-2022, 06:30 PM
OP has been a member since 2014. Doubt he is scamming and probably tried as he stated if a scam then his bank reimburses him.

alfadan
08-15-2022, 06:35 PM
Should the bank reimburse if you knowingly and repeatedly give money to scammers? Should you accept the money?

Soundguy
08-15-2022, 07:12 PM
He knew it was a scam. People that try to beat a scam and knowingly do business with fraudulent companies shouldn't get the bank protection..imho.. It drives up the cost of banking for the rest of us. More so.. He should report back and confirm what we 'theorize' about. It would be good form..embarrassing or not.

Handloader109
08-16-2022, 08:39 AM
Bank ain't gonna reimburse you for using cash app or converting your money to bitcoin and getting scammed. He ain't posting as he's out whatever he paid or he was bad actor (I doubt, but, hey you never know)
Cash app is part of square, and while they will try to get your money back if you didn't receive goods, if there is no money in that account on the other end, they will NOT refund. NO $50 limit like a CC that is stolen. This was HIM authorizing the payment. They won't even cover if you send to wrong person.....

Soundguy
08-16-2022, 10:32 AM
Bank ain't gonna reimburse you for using cash app or converting your money to bitcoin and getting scammed. He ain't posting as he's out whatever he paid or he was bad actor (I doubt, but, hey you never know)
Cash app is part of square, and while they will try to get your money back if you didn't receive goods, if there is no money in that account on the other end, they will NOT refund. NO $50 limit like a CC that is stolen. This was HIM authorizing the payment. They won't even cover if you send to wrong person.....

Same thing I have heard from my bank. sending money even like via WU or money cards.. where you voluntarily send.. it's gone. Paypal friends and family.. gone... Anyone saying they are getting it back are likely scammers themselves.. and getting a cut.

It's getting bad. Other gun forums are getting hit often.. usually primer scams. some are getting swift. log in a user.. wait a few weeks.. ask about a site.. then say they got their order so that others will order.. etc.

How many legit sites won't take major payment types? very very very few!

The OP is doing a dis service to others by not posting back. some may find this post later on.. read one page and think.. hey.. this may be ok...

ACC
08-16-2022, 11:55 AM
If in doutgh (please excuse spelling)keep your money in your pocket as my Grandfather used to say.

ACC

reddog81
08-16-2022, 03:55 PM
OP is so busy reloading with all his new primers he doesn't have time to answer!

Shawlerbrook
08-16-2022, 06:32 PM
If you have to ask the answer is probably yes a scam! [smilie=s: