PDA

View Full Version : WTS--Grumpa's 300 Sav brass

Hook
07-20-2022, 10:28 AM
Several years ago I purchased some reformed 300 Sav brass from Grumpa. He made this brass from once fired military 7.62X51. I had just started working up loads with it when a friend gifted me with a pile of factory ammo and once fired brass. The reformed brass was put back and forgotten. I just ran across it and wondered if someone might like to have it considering the shortages going on nowadays.

The bag is marked as having 129 rds in it, but I would need to recount it to make sure. It can be had for $60 which includes shipment in a USPS SFRB. Payment USPS money order or personal check only. First "I'll take it" wins.

Hook
07-20-2022, 04:36 PM
Sorry I did not follow protocol on post!Thanks for adding the 'WTS".

Checked the brass. Grumpa did a good job on it. Seems to be all LC 07 with a few LC 08s mixed in. Looks as though he cleaned it with steel pins and chamfered the mouths when finished. I did fire some of this brass, but everything in this bag is just as I received it from Grumpa. If I run across the ones I fired, I'll throw them in as well.

https://i.imgur.com/7tidpjTl.jpg

Hook
07-21-2022, 10:40 AM
Btt

Hook
08-03-2022, 05:59 PM
Put this back up one more time before carting it off to a gun show.

ejh69
08-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Grump made quality brass before his passing. I have used both his 35 rem and 300 Savage brass reworked from military brass and got more reloads from them over commercial brass.