PDA

View Full Version : A Great Day…

AnthonyB
07-11-2022, 10:27 PM
…and I just have to gloat a little. Picked up two handguns from my LGS today. First was one I have waited on for 33 years - my USMA ‘89 class pistol. It is a Colt Competition 45 ACP. I don’t know how to post pictures, but here is a link if anyone is interested:
https://secure.west-point.org/usma-pistol/1989/?fbclid=IwAR2jNZ6rOl8Iqi28V6jIFClgg25NEYTslSPZ8ZAx cQortBpNKB4dsM1bNTI
Engraving is very well done, everything fits as it should, and the trigger is 4.5 lbs. This will be a much shot range toy, so that will be reduced - it would be perfect as a carry pistol as is.
Second was a S&W 69 I have been hunting for a while. This one also needs a trigger job, and makes all my obsolete 44 Special revolvers even more obsolete. Told the LGS owner I’d bring them in next week to put them on consignment, but he told me he wouldn’t be standing there holding the door open for me!
I was very surprised they came in on the same day. The 69 came from Midway so I was expecting it; the class pistol was an unexpected bonus.
Tony

Winger Ed.
07-11-2022, 10:32 PM
Well done.

It reminds me of my Dad when I hit a home run and brought something really cool home.
He'd look at it, ponder for a minute, try not to smile, and tell me, "That's too nice for you.... Take it back".

MrWolf
07-12-2022, 08:01 AM
Congrats. It is always satisfying to get that itch scratched. Good luck with her.