PDA

View Full Version : optics for sig 210

porthos
07-09-2022, 02:29 PM
never had any kind of optics on a handgun before. but, i want to try one on a current production sig p 210 target. any suggestions for a red dot type optic and mount??

Bigslug
07-09-2022, 05:43 PM
Probably not an easily converted pistol for optics. From the Numrich Gunparts schematic, it looks like your extractor is held in with a vertically-driven pin. You've also got a pretty slender slide. Whoever mills the slide for you would have to take that into consideration.

Another concern I'd have is if the "NEW" P-210 has any kind of firing pin blocking safety plunger added to the original design. That adds more vertical tunnels milled into the slide and if your optics cut intersects with that, you are SKEEE-REWED.

With the inverted slide rails, you're probably closest dimensionally to the CZ-75, and those can often be done for the "mini red dots" like the Trijicon RMRSC and the Holosun 407K/507K or their soon-to-release EPS-Carry.

I'd ask C&H Precision Weapon Systems to see if they can mill one, and if so for what optics.

porthos
07-09-2022, 07:38 PM
after some research, there are some bases for optics on a p210. no issues with installation. there are only a few red dot scopes that will work. and, i have a question about that. i know what a minute of angle means at 100 yards. but, i don't understand what a red dot scope that is 3 or 6 moa means. what does that convert to at 25 and 50 yards??

Mk42gunner
07-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Divide by 4 for 25 yards or 2 for 50. 3 MOA dot at 25 yard will be 3/4", 1½" at 50. etc.

Robert

Bigslug
07-10-2022, 01:54 AM
A red dot scope with a 6 minute dot simply means the dot will cover 6 inches at 100 yards.

A 6 MOA dot is very fast to acquire for a short range combat auto, but is probably a bit coarse for what a Sig 210 is reported to be capable of - although you can effective use the top and bottom edges of the dot as hold points to compensate for the round's trajectory. The 2-3 MOA dots are probably the ticket for you.

porthos
07-10-2022, 11:00 AM
ok: that what i thought. now, i know thanks