PDA

View Full Version : Any KYDEX gurus?

Old Ironsights
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
My CCW rig just broke its clip. I've been able to rig up a psudo-replacement but it's not really long-term viable.

My GoogleFu has failed me and I can't find anyone who does custom Kydex accessories.

Anybody got any ideas for me?

scrapcan
01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Fist Holsters might be able to help you.

Willbird
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
crossbreed holsters makes their clips from Kydex I believe ?

Old Ironsights
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I checked with crossbreed. No go. They are changing some design elements and are getting away from kydex clips. Dunno why.

I'll check on Fist if nobody else here plays with the stuff.

bobk
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
What kind of gun?
Bob K

Old Ironsights
01-26-2009, 07:17 PM
SP101.

The holster is fine, it's just the clip that's broken.

Willbird
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
There is a guy over on Ohioans for Concealed carry that makes Kydex Holsters

Pete10

tommag
01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
williamgoldberg bought some Kydex supplies and makes his own stuff. You might try sending him an e-mail through cb. He doesn't check in here very often, hence the e-mail. He could at least point you in the right direction for supplies.

AZ Pete
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I had a copy of a tutorial on Kydex fabrication, but cannot find it now. However, here is a link to some Kydex material that might help you out in making your own loop.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?kk_products_sheath_main.htm~smain

But, if it were me, I would make a loop out of leather.

Old Ironsights
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I had a copy of a tutorial on Kydex fabrication, but cannot find it now. However, here is a link to some Kydex material that might help you out in making your own loop.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?kk_products_sheath_main.htm~smain

But, if it were me, I would make a loop out of leather.

A leather loop defeats the purpose of a tuckable IWB holster.

AZ Pete
02-04-2009, 07:43 PM
A leather loop defeats the purpose of a tuckable IWB holster.

not really, you will have to thread your belt through it, or put snaps on it is all.

bruce drake
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
If you are handy, you could replicate the clip out of metal and you shouldn't have to worry about having to replace it anytime soon.

Bruce

Powderpacker
02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
There was a young guy at the last few Valpo shows that makes Kydex holsters and sheaths at the shows 'while-you-wait' . He does quality work, reasonably priced and he's not happy 'till the customer is happy so I think he would repair your holster to your specs. The next Valpo show is 2/21-22. You might check with Dunes Rifle and Pistol Club to see if he's signed up for that show . I think his company name is 'Shark-tec' .
www.dunesgunclub.wordpress.com