PDA

View Full Version : Watched good movie

jim 44-40
07-04-2022, 09:26 PM
Just watched The Kentuckian, good movie for sure.Burt was bound and determined to get to Texas,

Shanghai Jack
07-04-2022, 09:38 PM
Seemingly like half the country is today.

GregLaROCHE
07-05-2022, 08:41 AM
My vote is Sargent York. There’re sure a lot of others out there. I hope to find some I haven’t seen, or at least don’t remember. One of the pluses of getting older.

kootne
07-05-2022, 09:22 PM
A movie that is one of my all-time favorites but not widely mentioned is; "The Light Horsemen," a story from WWI.
I dare you to watch it only one time.

todd9.3x57
07-05-2022, 09:47 PM
i really don't have a favorite movie. i like to read books. "The Stand" by Stephen King is definitely in the 10 best books.

sparky45
07-05-2022, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't even keep a Steven King book in the old 3 holer.

todd9.3x57
07-05-2022, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't even keep a Steven King book in the old 3 holer.

i personally can't stand the guy, but you can't deny his ability to write horror novels. Stephen Ambrose, Leo Tolstoy, John Saul, Ayn Rand, Aleksandr Isaevich Solzhenitsyn, Brian Lumley, David Eddings, Anne Rice, Charles Dickens, Mary Shelly, Fyodor Dostoevsky, HG Wells, Franz Kafka, Mark Twain, Daniel Dafoe, George Orwell, HP Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, J. D. Salinger, Ray Bradbury, James Michener, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy and a whole host of others.

i purchase my books from a second-hand store. it becomes too expensive to read a new book.

Bad Ass Wallace
07-06-2022, 03:50 AM
I never tire watching the classic movie ZULU

https://i.imgur.com/a8ibhKXl.jpg

Larry Gibson
07-06-2022, 10:10 AM
The Light Horsemen and Zulu rank right up there on my favorite list of movies.

Electrod47
07-06-2022, 11:03 AM
Man, that Walter Matheu was gettin' busy with a Bullwhip! He never did that to Jack Lemon.

JoeJames
07-06-2022, 11:59 AM
i personally can't stand the guy, but you can't deny his ability to write horror novels. Stephen Ambrose, Leo Tolstoy, John Saul, Ayn Rand, Aleksandr Isaevich Solzhenitsyn, Brian Lumley, David Eddings, Anne Rice, Charles Dickens, Mary Shelly, Fyodor Dostoevsky, HG Wells, Franz Kafka, Mark Twain, Daniel Dafoe, George Orwell, HP Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, J. D. Salinger, Ray Bradbury, James Michener, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy and a whole host of others.

i purchase my books from a second-hand store. it becomes too expensive to read a new book.
Left out William Faulkner, Kipling, among many others, and another I really like is Richard Russo - "Nobody's Fool". These days I get most of my books for free from the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium for my Kindle.

todd9.3x57
07-06-2022, 12:53 PM
Left out William Faulkner, Kipling, among many others, and another I really like is Richard Russo - "Nobody's Fool". These days I get most of my books for free from the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium for my Kindle.

i should really buy a kindle, but i'm old fashioned and i like to hold my books and go on read them one (or 2, 3, 4.....) more time. add to fact, i just like them.

jim 44-40
07-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Man, that Walter Matheu was gettin' busy with a Bullwhip! He never did that to Jack Lemon.

He was whipping that candle flame like there was a million dollars riding on a bet.

pworley1
07-06-2022, 01:58 PM
I never get tired of the old movies.

JoeJames
07-06-2022, 02:40 PM
i should really buy a kindle, but i'm old fashioned and i like to hold my books and go on read them one (or 2, 3, 4.....) more time. add to fact, i just like them.

My wife gave me a Kindle about 10 years ago. Took me a spell to get used to it, but I really like it. I have about everything from Macaulay's History of England 4x read, to Flayderman's Guide to Antique Firearms (it goes to gun shows with me), to Shots Fired in Anger 3x read, to Ordnance went up front 3x, to a Rifleman went to War 4x, etc. On the other hand I do like my pulp - John Sandford, Lee Child, and C.J. Box. I am on my second reading of those pulp books, and per the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium they are free. Benefit of age is with the pulp books by the time I start them again I have pert near forgotten the plots and they are bright and shiny again. I like regular books, but as voracious as I am on books the Kindle has been great to easily carry with me down at my shop, or out in the woods.

todd9.3x57
07-06-2022, 03:39 PM
My wife gave me a Kindle about 10 years ago. Took me a spell to get used to it, but I really like it. I have about everything from Macaulay's History of England 4x read, to Flayderman's Guide to Antique Firearms (it goes to gun shows with me), to Shots Fired in Anger 3x read, to Ordnance went up front 3x, to a Rifleman went to War 4x, etc. On the other hand I do like my pulp - John Sandford, Lee Child, and C.J. Box. I am on my second reading of those pulp books, and per the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium they are free. Benefit of age is with the pulp books by the time I start them again I have pert near forgotten the plots and they are bright and shiny again. I like regular books, but as voracious as I am on books the Kindle has been great to easily carry with me down at my shop, or out in the woods.

you guys ain't helping!!!!!!![smilie=l: maybe i should look into it.

Electrod47
07-06-2022, 04:13 PM

Me too Buddy, I have a nice library in my man room. I even have kept a large handcrafted glass front gun cabinet stocked with old favorites in there even though, I have 2 safes for most. I just want to reach out and touch my stuff when I want to.

DocSavage
07-08-2022, 09:39 AM
Humphrey Bogart "Sahara" with Lloyd Bridges and one of my favorite character actors J Carrol Naish.

Electrod47
07-08-2022, 11:03 AM
Humphrey Bogart "Sahara" with Lloyd Bridges and one of my favorite character actors J Carrol Naish.

Saw that as a boy, really like it. Later I became a tank commander myself. Every few years I revisit it. My favorite Bogey, for sure.

fatnhappy
07-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Why so serious. Monty Python the holy grail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw (That rabbit's dynamite)

Char-Gar
07-08-2022, 06:04 PM
Seemingly like half the country is today.

Speaking for Texans, we hope this half send their money here, but stay where they are. Capital is always welcome but foreigners not so much.

elmacgyver0
07-08-2022, 06:14 PM
I love science fiction, the old stuff.
It seems all the new sci-fi is trying to push gay sex down your throat.
That didn't quite sound right, did it?

todd9.3x57
07-09-2022, 12:58 PM
i love science fiction, the old stuff.
It seems all the new sci-fi is trying to push gay sex down your throat.
That didn't quite sound right, did it?

PHRASING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[smilie=l:[smilie=l: