PDA

View Full Version : Good help

Texas by God
07-03-2022, 10:45 AM
My 4 year old grandson was intrigued by the bowls of brass sitting by the press. I showed him how to insert the .30 Carbine cases into the shell holder and then operate the handle.
Some of the brass is military and harder to size- prompting him to shout "All aboard!"to get me to help him push the handle down.
Good Times!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Shawlerbrook
07-03-2022, 11:30 AM
Great story Texas ! That’s priceless.

GL49
07-03-2022, 01:37 PM
I like the "all aboard" comment.
Once in a while my youngest boy will still help me cast boolits, he is better at it than I am. I can't put my finger on what he does differently, I wish I was that good. I still remember when he was about 12 or 13, I was struggling with a brass hollow point mould and he wanted to try. A little later his comment was "No, the mould isn't sticky, do it like this".

I thought I was.....

Pretty soon your grandson will be the teacher

lightman
07-03-2022, 03:58 PM
My 4 year old grandson was intrigued by the bowls of brass sitting by the press. I showed him how to insert the .30 Carbine cases into the shell holder and then operate the handle.
Some of the brass is military and harder to size- prompting him to shout "All aboard!"to get me to help him push the handle down.
Good Times!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Gotta love it! Beats playing video games anytime!

WRideout
07-03-2022, 07:31 PM
When my oldest granddaughter was in preschool, she once said during show and tell, "My grandpa is cool, he let's me make bullets!" I thought I'd never get rid of that lady from the county that came to visit.

Wayne

pworley1
07-03-2022, 07:36 PM
I helped a neighbor with a loading set-up several years ago and his young grandson was always telling him "lets go load bullets pop" The grandson now can load by himself so we have at least one more generation on loaders.

ACC
07-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Seems to me that grandpa is teaching his grandson safety lessons at 4 yeas old. Way to go grandpa.

ACC

gwpercle
07-04-2022, 05:50 PM
" All Aboard " That just made me smile :smile:

Thanks for posting ... we need more reasons to :smile:
Gary

Winger Ed.
07-05-2022, 01:20 AM
When my oldest was about 5, he'd help me reload.

I'd put a case in the shell holder, then he'd pull the handle.
I noticed he was trying to 'speed up our production' and asked him--
"Are you trying to pinch my finger in there"?

He just nodded and said, "Yes".

GregLaROCHE
07-05-2022, 08:32 AM
Great story. It’s good to get kids started with the addiction.

dverna
07-05-2022, 09:17 AM
Nice!!!

375supermag
07-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Hi...
When my son was starting to shoot at about 8 or 9, I tried to get him interested in helping me reload.
Lasted about ten minutes or so...just wasn't exciting enough at that age.
Finally got him interested after he graduated high school.
Now at 28, he has been running both of my LNLs to load .357Mag, .45Auto, 9mm, 10mm, .40S&W and .223 for about 8 years or so.
He also loads most of our rifle cartridges on RockChucker Supreme.

He has become quite an accomplished handloader.

I still load our big bore revolver cartridges and .38Spl on my RockChucker.