PDA

View Full Version : WTS Marlin 336 Cowboy .30-30 project rifle

MtnGunner
06-26-2022, 11:25 PM
Marlin 336 Cowboy .30-30, octagon barrel. You don’t see these for sale very often. I picked this up a while back to rehabilitate it but have lost interest. Previous owner did some “gunsmithing” on the rifle. Muzzle is crowned, looks to be a decent job but left in the white. The blueing is slightly brown/plum around the rear sight. Lastly, when I received the rifle it wouldn’t stay cocked. Hammer notch had been stoned down too far. I installed a new Marlin hammer and a Wild West Guns sear. It stays cocked now, but I would prefer it be more positive and have more pressure on the hammer notch. Not sure if it just needs different hammer/sear spring or what. Rifle is being sold as-is with the caveat that buyer understands it should be checked out by a gunsmith to ensure the hammer/sear are safe. Wood overall is very nice as is the rest of the blueing. I have not shot the rifle, it’s been sitting in the safe. I can send additional pictures of whatever the buyer wants to see. Not really looking for any trades right now. $970 shipped CONUS to your FFL. FTF at a Denver area FFL for transfer is OK for Colorado residents, transfer fee on buyer. If sold via FTF I have three boxes of Winchester ammo I can include.

MtnGunner
07-05-2022, 11:08 PM
Back up