PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Friday, June 24

Pine Baron
06-24-2022, 05:45 AM
Good morning all. A great sobering message for today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Reconciling Yourself to the Fact of Sin
By Oswald Chambers

This is your hour, and the power of darkness. —Luke 22:53

Not being reconciled to the fact of sin— not recognizing it and refusing to deal with it— produces all the disasters in life. You may talk about the lofty virtues of human nature, but there is something in human nature that will mockingly laugh in the face of every principle you have. If you refuse to agree with the fact that there is wickedness and selfishness, something downright hateful and wrong, in human beings, when it attacks your life, instead of reconciling yourself to it, you will compromise with it and say that it is of no use to battle against it. Have you taken this “hour, and the power of darkness” into account, or do you have a view of yourself which includes no recognition of sin whatsoever? In your human relationships and friendships, have you reconciled yourself to the fact of sin? If not, just around the next corner you will find yourself trapped and you will compromise with it. But if you will reconcile yourself to the fact of sin, you will realize the danger immediately and say, “Yes, I see what this sin would mean.” The recognition of sin does not destroy the basis of friendship— it simply establishes a mutual respect for the fact that the basis of sinful life is disastrous. Always beware of any assessment of life which does not recognize the fact that there is sin.

Jesus Christ never trusted human nature, yet He was never cynical nor suspicious, because He had absolute trust in what He could do for human nature. The pure man or woman is the one who is shielded from harm, not the innocent person. The so-called innocent man or woman is never safe. Men and women have no business trying to be innocent; God demands that they be pure and virtuous. Innocence is the characteristic of a child. Any person is deserving of blame if he is unwilling to reconcile himself to the fact of sin.

Wisdom From Oswald Chambers

Am I becoming more and more in love with God as a holy God, or with the conception of an amiable Being who says, “Oh well, sin doesn’t matter much”? Disciples Indeed, 389 L

square butte
06-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Appreciate the Scripture and lesson this morning. Lot's to think about there - God Bless

Wayne Smith
06-24-2022, 07:42 AM
Agreed, a solid theology of sin is essential to salvation. Without a solid theology of sin it is seen as nothing worse than a bad cold. I can take care of it and go on. That is the fundamental fallacy of today. The Church has abandoned the theology of sin. Yet it is pervasive and fundamental to who we, each one of us, are. Without a true appreciation of sin I will never come to Christ, not because I don't want to but because I see no need. As long as I can delude myself into thinking I am adequate - and we have raised up a generation with a much greater delusion than that - I don't need salvation.

USMC87
06-24-2022, 08:25 AM
Amen, sin deserves the penalty of death and we should always confess and repent of our sin.

dverna
06-24-2022, 08:28 AM
Just one little problem. NO and I mean NO man or woman is, or will ever be, pure. The best we can do is try to be virtuous and know we will fail at times.