PDA

View Full Version : Which Henry 1860?

warren5421
06-21-2022, 06:38 PM
I am thinking of buying a 1860 Henry. I have looked at UBERTI and HENRY. Is the New Original Henry worth the difference in price? I have shot SASS for about 30 years so know the downside of the design. I know Uberti works but have not seen the New Original Henry at the matches I go to so have nothing to judge the NOH by. The two I have seen both had much better wood than Uberti. Finish was also better on the NOH.

pworley1
06-21-2022, 08:34 PM
I have never had a problem with my Uberti but the Henrys do look better.

Winger Ed.
06-21-2022, 08:43 PM
So far, I haven't heard anyone talk about buyer's remorse after getting a Henry.

DaveM
06-27-2022, 09:29 PM
I have an Uberti in .44 WCF that's been great.

country gent
06-28-2022, 10:39 AM
I bought one of the original Henry models from Henry several years ago, It is the steel framed model in 44-40. The case hardening is very good and the fit finish and wood are very good. It is accurate and reliable. Needless to say I am very pleased with it in all aspects. A very fine rifle. At the time I bought mine the brass frame had been introduced in 45 colt but not the steel.

One thing to remember with this rifle is that it is very dependent on overall cartridge length for feeding and function, a little to short or to long and it locks up the action.The other thing unique to this action is with out the fore end and the way it loads the follower knob tang can be blocked by rests or your forward hand keeping the rifle from feeding.

redneck1
06-28-2022, 12:55 PM
I've been wanting one myself for quite some time now . I've had both of them in my hands to fondle .
Both looked and felt good . The only place I'd put the Henry ahead after a casual look over is the finish on the metal . It just looked better to me , both had good fit and finish with the furniture and I couldn't find anything to complain about with either .