PDA

View Full Version : Decal replacement

jim 44-40
06-16-2022, 06:50 PM
Missing the decal on a MEC 600 Jr pre 82 model. Looking for a replacement or someone that can make one.

Sasquatch-1
06-17-2022, 08:20 AM
Do you know anyone who uses a Cricut machine for scrap booking? If you supplied the art, they could probably make a sticker.

jim 44-40
06-18-2022, 01:16 AM
Do you know anyone who uses a Cricut machine for scrap booking? If you supplied the art, they could probably make a sticker.

I'm going to look into that,thank you
Looks like they make decal paper and a spray in a can for making decals,going to look for that at a hobby shop that sells model airplanes

bangerjim
06-18-2022, 12:46 PM
Make your own with a good color laser printer, the artwork, a graphics program like GIMP (free source software!), and "Waterslide Decal Paper" from Amazon. Check it out.

The maker is www.transourdream.com and sells thru Amazon

I do it all the time. An unlimited source/supply of decals like we all used to put on plastic models as kids.

Just make your own!

jim 44-40
06-18-2022, 12:53 PM
Make your own with a good color laser printer, the artwork, a graphics program like GIMP (free source software!), and "Waterslide Decal Paper" from Amazon. Check it out.

The maker is www.transourdream.com and sells thru Amazon

I do it all the time. An unlimited source/supply of decals like we all used to put on plastic models as kids.

Just make your own!

Im going to do it, hobbie shop near me had two types of decal paper.One for regular ink jet and one for Lazer printer. $.will check out Amazon.thank you

Geezer in NH
06-20-2022, 03:08 PM
I'd call MEC and see what happens with them but that's just me. I have unlimited long-distance calls in North America

jim 44-40
06-20-2022, 03:16 PM
I'd call MEC and see what happens with them but that's just me. I have unlimited long-distance calls in North America

I'm going to try that Geezer,thank you

jim 44-40
06-20-2022, 03:31 PM
Mec e-mailed me back lightning fast, no luck.

wildwilly501
06-20-2022, 05:10 PM
Just a question are you sure it was a decal? I’ve had some older Mec loaders I thought they were a metallic sticker.Just wondering sticker might be harder to do than decal.

jim 44-40
06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Just a question are you sure it was a decal? I’ve had some older Mec loaders I thought they were a metallic sticker.Just wondering sticker might be harder to do than decal.

Ya you are probably right it was a sticker.Not to many pics of vintage Mec's with it still on.Since it works great without one I am moving on! I can't believe It took me this long to get my first MEC 600