PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 45 parts

Coogs
06-15-2022, 03:46 PM
I know that some of the Lyman 45/450 parts are interchangeable, but I broke a good one. The bottom hinge on the lever assembly (don't know the proper terminology for that part) that has a stud on it and screws into the sizer base. Any ideas where i could get one. I've found several complete units, some just for parts, at reasonable price on FB flea market sites, but the nearest one is 4 1/2 hours away and they won't ship....any help appreciated. Thanks, Jack

gwpercle
06-15-2022, 06:26 PM
Coogs,
If you look at the "stickies" under this heading ... you will find a stickie just above your post that says
" Lyman 45 pdf Parts Manual " I went to the pdf in post #5 and clicked on link and there is a parts diagram with a description and terminology of the parts ... I have glaucoma (blind in one eye 1/2 blind in the other) and can't get the pdf large or legible enough to read clearly but I bet money it will have the names of the parts you need . It's so much easier to find parts if you have the correct name ... go to the pdf and see if you can see it , it's not clear enough or large enough for me to read .
The pdf link is in post #5 .
Gary

imashooter2
06-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Here is an exploded view. Does it list the part in question?
http://www.imashooter2.com/Lyman_45.pdf

Most parts for these come from sacrificial presses. Other than that there’s glue, braze and weld.

imashooter2
06-15-2022, 06:35 PM
Do you mean the slotted round head stud threaded into the base casting?

Coogs
06-16-2022, 07:53 AM
Yes, the slotted piece that threads into the base. I printed off the above mentioned sheet and it does not break down the parts that much for that part description.

Coogs
06-16-2022, 07:57 AM
By the way, I called Lyman, I knew they had no parts, but wanted to see if I could get a parts breakdown. Told them of my situation and they offered me a new 4500 with heater at 50% of and free shipping! (as soon as they become available) I thought that was quite generous of them. Yes, I did take them up on it!

imashooter2
06-16-2022, 11:23 AM
I’d still try to get the part to fix what you have. I got a 45 with a bulged reservoir tube as part of a large trade. Decided to cobble it back together for a friend just getting started. Got the replacement tube with a WTB ad here.