PDA

View Full Version : time from order to mailing out mold

Wayne S
01-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I've been following one GB and asked for interest about another, So I'm asking thoses who have Honchoed GB how long does it take from time of order to receiving the molds ?

HeavyMetal
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I was in the .45 230 ball GB. Took about 8 months from order to delivery at my door.

trickyasafox
01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
the one I ran should be between 7.5 and 8 months from order to delivery.

GLL
01-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Consider 8 months to be the minimum right now and plan on longer waits for upcoming orders !

I am currently running three Group Buys. Any member who wants to join these buys must not be an impatient individual ! You simply have to wait it out. Calling LEE does absolutely NO good and actually causes potential problems and may delay the order even longer ! I was personally warned by LEE when I called just once to check status after a seven month wait !

Do not even think about participating if you want a mould in a hurry ! :) :)

Interestingly one I ordered 8 months ago is apparently in our mail room right now ! :) :)

Jerry

Wayne S
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Nice to know information, I've asked Lee about the wait time on one mold, so I'll see, might just stay with running three molds at the same time ?? just depends on what Dia. each mold throws and how close they are ?

fatnhappy
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Last Lee group buy I joined took just under 10 months to deliver.

waksupi
01-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Or you could go to the Mountain Molds page, design your own boolit, and have it in a few weeks, at the specified dimensions....

GLL
01-26-2009, 01:07 AM
waksupi makes a good point ! :)

I am having more and more of my moulds custom made. I like the idea of 6-cavities but the wait at LEE has become completely unreasonable ! Unfortuantely the last custom mould from NEI looked like one of my 8th grade metal shop projects ! A real MESS !!! :( :(
Mountain Moulds is another good inexpensive alternative I will try.
I have also found another that is very good ! :) :)

LEE is just too frustrating at my age !

Jerry

Wayne S
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
GLL
I know what you mean, I thought kids were bad about I want it and I want it NOW But at my age I'm even worse, I'll check out Mountain molds, any other suggestions ?

JSH
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Takes long enough you may forget what you wanted it for,lol.
jeff