PDA

View Full Version : Help Lyman D-7 scale

kdxoxc
06-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Just got My hands on a Lyman D-7 scale. No instructions.

It's different then other beam scales I've worked with in the past. Has an adjustment under the knife edge on the beam resting point.

What the heck is this ?

DCB
06-08-2022, 07:03 PM
try this
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?435808-Help-Lyman-D-7-scale

oley55
06-08-2022, 08:12 PM
Like WOW. What are the chances of your posting the prezactly same words as did Walks on 12/15/2021. Just plain amazing.

Just got My hands on a Lyman D-7 scale. No instructions.

It's different then other beam scales I've worked with in the past. Has an adjustment under the knife edge on the beam resting point.

What the heck is this ?

06-09-2022, 12:41 PM
The Lyman D7 is a good, reliable, simple scale.
Pro:
Beam lifter, (Lifts the knife edges clear of the bearings when not in use)
Cast metal body, not too light in weight.
Simple two poise system meaning little to go wrong.
Magnetically damped.
Clearly marked beam.
Cup shaped pan platform, locates pan in consistent position.

Con:
Fixed agate bearings (as opposed to floating bearings as used on most RCBS scales)
Rather mean little knife edges - thinner than the equivalent RCBS scales.
Applied tape beam scale rather than a quality etched beam scale.
Beam notches could be a little deeper.

If it's not been abused it will last a lifetime - get a basic set of Lyman/RCBS grain check weights for around $40 and use them regularly, make sure the bearings and knife edges are clean and you should have a scale that will instill confidence and reliably and consistently weigh within a tenth of a grain.

Just my thoughts.

Brassmonkey
06-12-2022, 10:31 AM
I received a private message from this poster with an email address to someone who has a magazine for my Remington Lee. through the email correspondence I received pictures of a magazine but no confidence that I won't get Wenzeled.

oley55
06-12-2022, 06:35 PM
I received a private message from this poster with an email address to someone who has a magazine for my Remington Lee. through the email correspondence I received pictures of a magazine but no confidence that I won't get Wenzeled.

call me crazy but that poser cut n paste of someone else's post looked like a guy trying to bump up his post count with posts that appear to be of consequence. In other words, exercise extreme caution.

Red River Rick
06-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Best to use caution when receiving PM from members trying to sell outside of the S&S section. Most times they are just trying to Scam you. If you do receive messages of this sort, please report them to the staff immediately.

Walks
06-13-2022, 04:55 PM
Like WOW. What are the chances of your posting the prezactly same words as did Walks on 12/15/2021. Just plain amazing.

Stranger things have happened. Didn't realize I had My D-7 that long. Working Great too.

ReloaderFred
06-13-2022, 11:01 PM

Please don't respond to any emails or PM's from former member kdxoxc. I'm closing this thread, since it serves no purpose.