PDA

View Full Version : angle/drop

skywalker
01-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Can anyone give me the angle or drop of the pan on a Stewart/Littleton shotmaker . I am trying to build a shotmaker, and the pan will be the the last part to be framed , hopefully Monday. any help or suggestions will be much appericated. thanks charles

shotman
01-25-2009, 02:04 AM
about 45 degree and needs to be something the molten lead wont stick to that is why the shot makers only have the1 in lip

klcarroll
01-25-2009, 02:05 AM
I can't help you with the information you are looking for; ......but I would sure like to see pictures of what you are doing!!

Kent

Sitsinhedges
01-25-2009, 05:30 AM
The total angle is 30degrees off horizontal made up of about 10' of ladle tilt and 20' of ramp tilt.

skywalker
01-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks every one for the info. Kent i am a lousy photographer, if you will search this site casting for shot guns, you will find what you need. try my shot maker,gonna build a shot maker,trouble shooting my shot maker & others similar, go to http://blogspot.com look for one in a row, search shotgunworld.com look for making a shotmaker,making out of round shot building your own shot maker you will find numerous other articles if you look there is a wealth of info. out there. ps be sure you have a good source of lead, wheel weights, linotype, before you jump in,ww are hard to find most places. charles