PDA

View Full Version : natchez shipping charge

abunaitoo
05-29-2022, 02:46 PM
I was going to order two die sets from them.
Until I saw the shipping charge..........$43.00!!!!!!!!!!!!
For just two Lee dies sets!!!!!!
What is going on with these guys?????

Finster101
05-29-2022, 02:51 PM
It would appear they don't know how to use a flat rate box.

Shawlerbrook
05-29-2022, 03:05 PM
Ridiculous ! I definitely prefer vendors that allow you to choose between different shipping options ( unless of course they just offer free shipping).

MarkP
05-29-2022, 03:06 PM
Guessing a software bug?

Ace Hardware charged me $48 for a 6 pack of Stihl 2 cycle oil last week, did not realize it until I got home, as my wife purchased several flats of plants that day. I returned it the next day and did not bother with a price adjustment since they were busy.

Rat-Man
05-29-2022, 03:15 PM
I would empty the cart and start a new browser session. The site quoted me $19 and change for shipping to 63090.

Never mind. It makes a difference I don’t live in Hawaii!

Winger Ed.
05-29-2022, 04:08 PM
Make sure it isn't listed as next day air, overnight, or something like that.

Mr Peabody
05-29-2022, 04:09 PM
Another mail order company in Tennesse tried to over charge me not long ago, I canceled the order. Then contacted them about using small flat rate boxes, the free ones the post office will deliver to your door. They said the mail man wouldn't pick up packages.

Geezer in NH
05-29-2022, 04:25 PM
Don't buy from them

NyFirefighter357
05-30-2022, 07:57 AM
I hate to say it but that's why Amazon rules the shopping market. I just purchased a 10KW generator Tractor Supply wanted about $130 to shipped to store or home, Lowes was about $130 more than TS but could pick up in store in about a week or so for free. Amazon was $100 less & free shipping to house in 5 days. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I want to buy local & see what I'm buying but it's getting harder & harder to find things local. I've ordered things from Amazon and paid under $2 extra shipping to get it the same day.

MrWolf
05-30-2022, 08:31 AM
I hate to say it but that's why Amazon rules the shopping market. I just purchased a 10KW generator Tractor Supply wanted about $130 to shipped to store or home, Lowes was about $130 more than TS but could pick up in store in about a week or so for free. Amazon was $100 less & free shipping to house in 5 days. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I want to buy local & see what I'm buying but it's getting harder & harder to find things local. I've ordered things from Amazon and paid under $2 extra shipping to get it the same day.

My thoughts exactly. I try buying local but being in a rural area the closest "box" stores are 45 miles away. Between my not being able to drive long distances and the price of gas now, I end up buying from Amazon, Walmart, and HomeDepot buying enough to qualify for free ship to home most of the time. Constantly looking for promo codes for fee shipping and such.

abunaitoo
05-31-2022, 06:07 AM
I got a "free shipping" code from them, that's why I was going to buy from them.
I'm guessing "free" has many different meanings these days.