PDA

View Full Version : Pot Belled Pigs

Freightman
05-27-2022, 07:00 PM
We were given three of the pigs and fed them out for a couple of months, we had them butchered so we have lots of bacon , chops , ham ect. We also had a bore goat butchered we shall see how that works. So I say with a garden and three hogs and we are taking a Black Angus steer to the butcher next week so we are ready for the "empty shelves"

pworley1
05-27-2022, 07:21 PM
You're making me hungry.

Gtrubicon
05-27-2022, 07:58 PM
We butcher boer goats, meat is excellent, cook like venison, don’t over cook it.

redriverhunter
05-27-2022, 08:20 PM
I have to ask how did the pot belly pigs make for dinner.

1Papalote
05-27-2022, 10:25 PM
My kids wanted PB pigs. What didn't sell for pets were eaten. I'd BBQ them whole, opened up flat, ribs broke. Mopped them while cooking over mesquite coals. Datgum good.

Freightman
05-28-2022, 02:09 PM
The bacon taste like good bacon had some this morning. So it taste like good pork no different that I could tell. Thanks for the tip on cooking the goat.

MT Gianni
05-30-2022, 12:55 PM
I grew up milking goats as my brother was allergic to cows milk. We roasted them in a dutch oven to help conserve moisture.

Scrounge
05-30-2022, 02:42 PM
We were given three of the pigs and fed them out for a couple of months, we had them butchered so we have lots of bacon , chops , ham ect. We also had a bore goat butchered we shall see how that works. So I say with a garden and three hogs and we are taking a Black Angus steer to the butcher next week so we are ready for the "empty shelves"

Not ever had pot-bellied pig that I know of, but goats make great barbeque. I'd try to wangle an invite, but it's a bit of drive! ;)