PDA

View Full Version : TSA Precheck

Daver7
05-26-2022, 12:45 PM
We are flying more these days so I applied for a TSA Precheck 2 weeks ago.
The wife received her TSA number within 3 days, (FYI she's never had a speeding ticket I think she got a parking ticket once. During her wilder days when she was at collage.)
I got a DUI 35 years ago and I dropped my conceal carry license 2 years ago.
I wonder if ether one of those are slowing down my approval?

Electrod47
05-26-2022, 01:07 PM
Neither of those items have anything to do with the criteria your applying for. Pre-Check is handy. Probable mail lag.

cabezaverde
05-26-2022, 05:01 PM
Paying the .gov to let you exercise your rights.

dannyd
05-26-2022, 06:04 PM
Sounds like an old 1940's movie "papers please".

redriverhunter
05-26-2022, 06:46 PM
may i ask what a tsa precheck is?

imashooter2
05-26-2022, 06:53 PM
You go through a shorter line and don’t have to strip quite as naked.

Dusty Bannister
05-28-2022, 12:19 PM
If you are old enough, they shorten the line for you. No one wants to look at a 77 year old fat man.

sparky45
05-28-2022, 12:38 PM
Neither of those items have anything to do with the criteria your applying for. Pre-Check is handy. Probable mail lag.

I beg to differ; 3 years ago I let my conceal carry permit expire because my state now has open and conceal carry without a permit. The very next firearm purchase, THE VERY NEXT, was flagged and denied AS every additional attempt to purchase a firearm to date. Never had a speeding ticket, DUI, ect, EVER!! Due to the fact ATF couldn't provide a reason for denial, my local dealer allowed me to complete the transaction after 10 days.

Freightman
05-28-2022, 03:08 PM
We have carry with no permit , but I am going to keep my license up for that very reason.

kerplode
05-28-2022, 03:47 PM
I beg to differ; 3 years ago I let my conceal carry permit expire because my state now has open and conceal carry without a permit. The very next firearm purchase, THE VERY NEXT, was flagged and denied AS every additional attempt to purchase a firearm to date. Never had a speeding ticket, DUI, ect, EVER!! Due to the fact ATF couldn't provide a reason for denial, my local dealer allowed me to complete the transaction after 10 days.

The FBI runs NICS, not the ATF. They're who you need to talk to. And you definitely should appeal it and get whatever is going on fixed...It isn't going to fix itself, and going forward there could be more severe repercussions that having to wait a few extra days. And to be honest, your dealer is going to get himself in trouble as well. He can let checks that don't come off hold through after the requisite number of days, but letting an actual denial proceed will cost him his license. A denial means no sale...Full stop.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/nics/appeals/nics-guide-for-appealing

Handloader109
05-28-2022, 04:12 PM
I expect sparky meant delay not denied. If a dealer sold him a gun after a denial, then that dealer will soon be in jail. Yes, dealer can sell him the gun after a time period if it was just a delay.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk