PDA

View Full Version : What a day

jim 44-40
05-26-2022, 06:06 AM
So I called 2 different W marts and was told they had a Hatfield 12 g single shot in stock.Next day I went to the store near my area,when I go in and ask to purchase one the employee says our background check system has been out of order for 3 days, so I drive to the other store and was told that there was no one on duty that could do a background check in the store.Guess I'm just not meant to have a cheap o shotgun.

pworley1
05-26-2022, 06:36 AM
I noticed yesterday that our local Walmart is fully stocked with long guns and also had a fair assortment of ammunition. The man that usually works the sporting goods counter actually knows about guns.

nicholst55
05-26-2022, 09:00 AM
Our local WM never has anyone manning the Sporting Goods counter. No guns, and very little ammo. I don't waste my time looking for firearms-related things there.

rockrat
05-26-2022, 10:02 AM
Friend of mine bought one of their pump shotguns, from WM. Said the trigger pull seemed like it was about 20 lbs but seemed like it was getting better after shooting a box of shells thru it. Functioned smoothly. Think he said he paid $127 for it.

Froogal
05-26-2022, 10:05 AM
Our local WM never has anyone manning the Sporting Goods counter. No guns, and very little ammo. I don't waste my time looking for firearms-related things there.

Same here, in fact I very rarely waste my time by even going to a WalMart.

gwpercle
05-26-2022, 12:25 PM
I can't even get a simple Fishing License out of those fools ... they have more excuses of why they can't sell you a liscense than Carter has Little Liver Pill's ...
Seven years now I try our local WM and so far .... Me - 0 and WM - 7
and never the same excuse twice ...them folks are good at making up excuses .
Gary

Bmi48219
05-26-2022, 09:13 PM
I don’t even think the WMs around here sell BB guns. Only time I go there is to buy FishBites bait. They’re about $1.50 cheaper per pack than anywhere else and usually have a good selection. Nothing else there for me.

dale2242
05-27-2022, 05:50 AM
The Grants Pass, Oregon Walmart just discontinued all guns and ammo.
They never had any reloading components.
I prefer the local Bi Mart anyway.

Bmi48219
05-29-2022, 09:35 PM
The Grants Pass, Oregon Walmart just discontinued all guns and ammo.

Why is it some WMs sell firearms and ammo while others don’t. The two near us stopped selling them a couple years ago. If it was corporate policy you’d think they’d all be on the same page.

fixit
05-30-2022, 11:12 AM
I like to peruse the wally world sporting goods departments when we go out on vacation.....the regional differences can be startling! The most amazing one I have seen was in Missouri, where the firearms selection reminded me of the glory days of the seventies. Their gun racks took up a half an aisle, and every slot was full. I asked the attendant about corporate politics against firearms, and was told that they hadn't heard anything against them. Goes to show that news and policies are frequently way more local than any of us realize! (Please forgive a blatantly political statement, but, that could explain a lot of the things being pushed by the governmental bodies around the nation)

sparky45
05-30-2022, 11:19 AM
I can't even get a simple Fishing License out of those fools ... they have more excuses of why they can't sell you a liscense than Carter has Little Liver Pill's ...
Seven years now I try our local WM and so far .... Me - 0 and WM - 7
and never the same excuse twice ...them folks are good at making up excuses .
Gary

Doesn't your state fish and game dept. sell them on line? That's how I got mine in KS.

jim 44-40
05-30-2022, 12:50 PM
Ya, you could probably do that here in Pa. But my nerves could not handle online stuff in this state.Heck I called Regional office one time to find out if shooting range was open since they had been making improvements on it.Since its a drive and wanting to save gas, figured call first.Well sir all the ranges are open at this time is what they told me.20 miles to get there guess what , not open.Worker tells be might open in a couple of days.ahhh