PDA

View Full Version : Still cheaper to reload

Wolfdog91
05-23-2022, 05:47 PM
Popped I to a few places today just looking at ammo prices and I gotta say for anything past just burner ammo or if you shoot less then a box a year is still cheaper to reload. I don't shoot anything I can't shoot game with so Heck for an average practice session with my 06 if I bought ammo i could have gotta pound of power or box of bullets for 20 loaded rounds for two boxes for alot of this stuff I could have gotten 1000 primers and by the time I tried enough different ammo to see what shoots the way I want in my gun at these prices I could have paid for powder primers bullets and hazmat! Jeeezzz

Shawlerbrook
05-23-2022, 05:52 PM
Cheaper and any ammo I need is available in my shop after a few hours of work.

T-Bird
05-23-2022, 06:16 PM
Used to be that shot shell reloading was all about loading the shell you want (7/8 oz 12 ga shells etc) and not saving money so much. Now shells are so high that you save money too, as long as you don't have to buy shot and powder etc. at todays prices. You might save money at todays component prices, but I haven't put a pencil to it. Loading pistol and rifle ammo is much cheaper especially if you cast. The prices I see on ammo at the LGS make my toes curl.

sloughfoot
05-23-2022, 07:01 PM
If you can keep from allowing reloading from turning into a major rabbit hole. No one needs a dozen different calibers that each require it’s own special components. A streamlined Arsenal and streamlined equipment and components saves big money. All 3 of my deer rifles are 30 caliber except a 44 magnum carbine. The 30’s share molds and powder selection can be used on all 4 rifles. 2, 30-30’s and 1 308 Winchester. 12&20 gauge use same buckshot mold and same powders and primers. 9mm and 380 I use the same mold and same powders. Streamlining where you can will save you time money and storage space. Hurt the j word manufacturers by buying a mold and never again passing your hard earned dollar their way again.

Idaho45guy
05-23-2022, 08:01 PM
My son-in-law wanted to compare the Gen 5 Glock 23 to the Gen 5 G19 while at the cabin this weekend and while I had plenty of 9mm, I was all out of target ammo for the .40 S&W, so I was forced to stop by the local gun shop and pick up some plinking ammo.

I paid $28 per box of 50 for Federal FMJ 165 grain. Cheapest ammo they had.

Current price at that same store for components is $25 for a bag of 100 brass, and you get about 10 loadings from each case, so figure 10% of 50% of the bag cost, so that's about $1.25 for the brass. Primers are $10 per 100, so $5 for primers. Hornady FMJ bullets are $27 per 100, so $13.50 for bullets. Powder is now $40 per 7000 grains (1 pound), and figure 5 grains for plinking loads, and that is about $1.50 worth of powder.

So, my total cost for 50 reloads is $21.25. If plinking ammo gets back down to "normal" prices of $15 to $17 a box for .40 S&W, and components remain stupidly high, then buying commercial ammo will be cheaper.

If you figure in the cost of brass, then the 50 brass cases I get makes the commercial ammo significantly cheaper.

buckwheatpaul
05-23-2022, 08:52 PM
Popped I to a few places today just looking at ammo prices and I gotta say for anything past just burner ammo or if you shoot less then a box a year is still cheaper to reload. I don't shoot anything I can't shoot game with so Heck for an average practice session with my 06 if I bought ammo i could have gotta pound of power or box of bullets for 20 loaded rounds for two boxes for alot of this stuff I could have gotten 1000 primers and by the time I tried enough different ammo to see what shoots the way I want in my gun at these prices I could have paid for powder primers bullets and hazmat! Jeeezzz

A lot of us remember the days of a penny for a primer; a nickel for the powder and a dime for a boolit.....those days are gone forever! Wolfdog91 you are right you can still save roughly half and with a little work have a more accurate round....IMHO. Casting and reloading is relaxation for me and I seldom use my Dillon's anymore and have gone back to a single stage press for the pleasure and pride!

Three44s
05-23-2022, 09:11 PM
There are lots of shooters that used to reload that got into it to: 1) make cheaper ammo or 2) to make faster/hotter ammo than they could buy.

The ones that stick it out realize that there is much more to handloading than making cheap stuff and that over powered ammo is a fools errand and dangerous.

The main reasons I handload is that I want to be very self-sufficient and also build loads that perform at a premium level but for a reasonable cost.

Three44s

reddog81
05-23-2022, 09:16 PM
Current price at that same store for components is $25 for a bag of 100 brass, and you get about 10 loadings from each case, so figure 10% of 50% of the bag cost, so that's about $1.25 for the brass. Primers are $10 per 100, so $5 for primers. Hornady FMJ bullets are $27 per 100, so $13.50 for bullets. Powder is now $40 per 7000 grains (1 pound), and figure 5 grains for plinking loads, and that is about $1.50 worth of powder.

So, my total cost for 50 reloads is $21.25. If plinking ammo gets back down to "normal" prices of $15 to $17 a box for .40 S&W, and components remain stupidly high, then buying commercial ammo will be cheaper.

I have piles of .40 S&W brass that I've got for free and cast bullets that cost me about $.03 each. That makes my costs $8 even with expensive primers and expensive powder.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-23-2022, 09:53 PM
There are lots of shooters that used to reload that got into it to: 1) make cheaper ammo or 2) to make faster/hotter ammo than they could buy.

The ones that stick it out realize that there is much more to handloading than making cheap stuff and that over powered ammo is a fools errand and dangerous.

The main reasons I handload is that I want to be very self-sufficient and also build loads that perform at a premium level but for a reasonable cost.

Three44s
20+ years ago, I got into it, to shoot more.
same reason I'm still doing it today.

slim1836
05-23-2022, 09:59 PM
I don't shoot any 40 S&W but save them for swaging into .45 bullets.

Slim

dverna
05-23-2022, 10:04 PM
I was reloading 9mm and 12 ga when most folks thought it was not worth the minimal savings.

I cannot see that changing.

white eagle
05-23-2022, 10:32 PM
If you can keep from allowing reloading from turning into a major rabbit hole. No one needs a dozen different calibers that each require it’s own special components. A streamlined Arsenal and streamlined equipment and components saves big money. All 3 of my deer rifles are 30 caliber except a 44 magnum carbine. The 30’s share molds and powder selection can be used on all 4 rifles. 2, 30-30’s and 1 308 Winchester. 12&20 gauge use same buckshot mold and same powders and primers. 9mm and 380 I use the same mold and same powders. Streamlining where you can will save you time money and storage space. Hurt the j word manufacturers by buying a mold and never again passing your hard earned dollar their way again.

that is exactly why I roll my own
what fun is it to only have 2-3 rifles that's like eating vanilla ice cream all your life never to have tasted chocolate
having many rifles and many different cal's is rewarding different cal's have their own challenges and issue's to deal with
if you only have one cal to load for the challenge is lost
making my own cartridges is way better than buying from some factory cause I know I can do better
that was my own reason for handloading from the beginning I know I can do better
if you want to save money you are better off to buy a box or two for ol Betsy for deer season and leave handloading alone

Winger Ed.
05-23-2022, 10:46 PM
It's always been pretty much relative.
Back when components were cheaper, so was loaded ammo.

For plinking, practice ammo, at any point in time I could cast and reload .38Specials
for about the same price as buying premium .22s like CCI Stingers.

For shotguns, It costs about the same to reload the hulls as it is to buy that cheap #8 shot promo stuff by the case.
However; for that same price you can load the real expensive 3" magnum and 'high brass' stuff.

In a perfect world, the cost for reloading rifle ammo is about the same as buying good, name brand boxes of 20 at Walmart.
But again, you get better ammo with a real premium Sierra or Hornady bullet and can tune it for your rifle.

GL49
05-24-2022, 01:15 AM
my expenses for 9mm are as follows, they're nothing special, just loads to go out and make some noise, bounce some tin cans, practice trying to get back on target quicker.

brass is free, I just picked up another 2500 at the gun club after the police were done qualifying.
cast boolits cost about 1/2 cent each, made from WW's, that's probably a bit high.
primers - assign the price you feel is fair
powder, about 2-1/2 to 3 cents each.
Add about a nickel each to move up to 45 colt, only about 1 cent to move up to 45 ACP

If I were to go to work and get paid, instead of spending my time finding and sorting WW's, smelting, casting, lubing, loading, cleaning brass, picking up brass, sorting brass by headstamp and times fired, I would probably be ahead if I went to work. But where's the fun in that?

Idaho45guy
05-24-2022, 01:49 AM
Very few reloaders get their brass for free, and few also get their lead for nearly free.

You have to remember that most people on this forum are retired hoarders who have tons of brass and lead stored up.

Most reloaders use purchased lead and brass, or those darn J-words.

armoredman
05-24-2022, 02:48 AM
Very few reloaders get their brass for free, and few also get their lead for nearly free.

You have to remember that most people on this forum are retired hoarders who have tons of brass and lead stored up.

I have a buddy who brings by buckets of brass of all calibers from the range he uses. He also brings by buckets of berm mined lead, which I take to another awesome buddy who smelts them down, alloys for various mixes, and we split the lead. The first guy asks for nothing - I am helping to clean up the private range he teaches on, so the people that paid for it left it all behind. Now I will buy lead once in a while for certified bullet metal, but that's kind of rare.
My wife likes shooting my stuff so she buys powder and primers for me when she can find it - I have been at the point that I was loading 9mm for literally the cost of the electricity to run the lead pot and the powder coating oven. :)
I load because I like it - it's a fun and productive hobby that fuels my other hobby, shooting, and even if I had to pay out of my pocket for everything, I'd still do it. I make better ammo than I can buy for even close to the price.

GregLaROCHE
05-24-2022, 02:48 AM
I’ve always agreed with the the statement that you don’t save money reloading, you just shoot a lot more for the money.

Land Owner
05-24-2022, 04:35 AM
PLUS, we OWN the reloading equipment! RCBS estimates there are four (4) million private ammunition reloaders, primarily in the USA. That's 4 million "small reloading factories" making ammunition! That's YOU and ME!

We amortize ALL of our reloading equipment such that it approaches "zero equipment cost" per round. To put a finer point on that, suppose it cost $500.00, all in, to get started (ymmv). Ignore the cost of powder, primer, JB or CB, brass case, Man Cave, utilities, and YOUR (recreational) TIME in the following:

For the first reloaded round, the SUNK COST of equipment adds $500.00 to the round. Instantly, that's INSANE!
For the 2nd reloaded round, the sunk cost has dropped to $250.00 per round. Now, one-half INSANE!
After 1,000 reloads, the sunk cost has dropped to $0.50 per round. Still insane!
After 10,000 reloads, add $0.05 per round. That's reasonable.
After 20,000, add $0.025 per round.
After 50,000, add $0.01 per round.
After 100,000 reloads, the sunk cost of the equipment has dropped to a mere $0.005 per round, which is approaching zero, and easily attainable over a lifetime of shooting.

Adding calibers adds minimally to sunk cost in equipment. Adding calibers expands the number of rounds reloaded arithmetically! Since most equipment is "warranted", add zero cost for maintenance.

For rifle calibers, if that is all that is reloaded, sunk cost is probably high for the reloader. Add pistol, revolver, and semi-auto calibers, and as the number of reloaded rounds approaches "infinity", the sunk cost of equipment approaches zero per round, and WE OWN the equipment.

dverna
05-24-2022, 07:13 AM
The other thing I would add to Land Owner's post is that if you keep your equipment for any length of time you can recoup most of your "sunk" costs.

For older guys who have been doing this for a while, we will get more for the stuff that what we paid for it. My Co-Ax press cost $68...my Star sizer about the same. Even my Dillons can be sold for what I paid for them or a bit more.

Thumbcocker
05-24-2022, 07:34 AM
No one needs a dozen different calibers that each require it’s own special component.

BLASPHEMY!

Wayne Smith
05-24-2022, 07:40 AM
No one needs a dozen different calibers that each require it’s own special component.

BLASPHEMY!

Not complete blasphemy - if you separate 'need' and 'want'.

Thumbcocker
05-24-2022, 07:53 AM
Not complete blasphemy - if you separate 'need' and 'want'.These words you speak are strange to my ears.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1Papalote
05-24-2022, 08:20 AM
Cheaper or not does not matter to me. Availability does matter. Components I "hoarded" years ago provide inexpensive reloads today. Plus, while some were searching for a box of 243 in the stores, I had 20 boxes waiting to be reloaded. Buy components when things become available again and never worry about what you shoot come hunting season. Plus prices will continue to rise. Some of us remember .10 coca-cola.

John Guedry
05-24-2022, 08:51 AM
Some of us remember nickel cokes.

Wal'
05-24-2022, 09:07 AM
Now that I got old.......still don't know how that happened, today I enjoy reloading more than shooting the stuff, which is a minor problem I have to live with...
And with all the gear acquired over the last forty years or so, this shooting thing costs me virtually nothing, range lead, wheel weights & the found lead makes it all worthwhile........

white eagle
05-24-2022, 09:48 AM

how about .25c gas

alamogunr
05-24-2022, 10:20 AM

I resemble that comment.

Soundguy
05-24-2022, 10:31 AM
A buddy wanted some 45 colt.. they are going for 60$ per 50 around here for cowboy stuff.. and 80$ per 50 for others. Yikes.

I sat and made up some cast lead 200gr last night over titegroup. With primers at 15 cents and powder at 45$ a pound.. they are only costing me .. rounded up.. 22 cents each. With my old primers and old powder calculation.. they are costing me 10 cents each.. reused cases.. etc. ( that's with about 10bhn scrap lead.. If I need harder.. add a penny and can bump up to linotype mixed. )

I'm still glad I reload. I made up 45colt and 9mm last night.. will do 44 spl and 45 acp tonight I think.

JoeJames
05-24-2022, 10:44 AM
Along with being cheaper I have found in revolver shooting that my cast bullet loads are also much more accurate than store bought. Factory ammo is tailored to the lowest common denominator as far as bullet diameter goes in my opinion.

missionary5155
05-24-2022, 11:08 AM
I started after the Pickle Suit time (Armor) because my dad was a reloader. Muzzle loading also. He and his Navy buddy cast their own HPWCs.
I bought one box of 32 Win. Special (to get the brass) in 10 years.
But now it is all about being able to weekly shoot calibers others dream about. Plus those expensive, hard to find to buy special calibers.
Life is fine with a well fed accurate firearm !

Lifeshort
05-24-2022, 12:05 PM
My son-in-law wanted to compare the Gen 5 Glock 23 to the Gen 5 G19 while at the cabin this weekend and while I had plenty of 9mm, I was all out of target ammo for the .40 S&W, so I was forced to stop by the local gun shop and pick up some plinking ammo.

I paid $28 per box of 50 for Federal FMJ 165 grain. Cheapest ammo they had.

If you figure in the cost of brass, then the 50 brass cases I get makes the commercial ammo significantly cheaper.

Buying new brass is loading not reloading. Save the brass you shoot and reload or buy once fired.

40sw reload cost

Once fired bought and shipped online $.05
Primers $.10
Powder $45/ pound=7000gr/5gr per load=1400 loads=$.035
170grain boolits cast from lead purchased from the Captain a vendor sponsor $1.46/pound delivered=41 boolits /pound $1.46/41=$.035
Powder Coat .01/boolit
Total $.23/round X 50=$11.50 per box using brass you buy once fired
$.18/round X50=$9.00 per box if you use your own brass or scrounged brass

Winger Ed.
05-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Plus those expensive, hard to find to buy special calibers.

That's where you really make out.

It doesn't cost but a few cents more to load a .30-06 or .300WinMag than it does to load a .300Weatherby Mag.
5-6 years ago I was in a Bass Pro, and glanced over at the factory ammo shelf.
A box of Weatherby ammo, for 20 shells, was $72. even back then.

rbuck351
05-24-2022, 01:18 PM
I have been hoarding long enough and am old enough that I will never have to buy another piece of brass, primer, pound of powder, pound of lead or piece of loading equipment as long as I live. That being said, my reloads cost me nothing as the money was spent long ago. Also I have been gifted powder, primers, brass and lead which also makes reloads free. Most of my brass has been found or traded for on the original Ammo Brass Trader or the current ABT. My equipment was mostly bought used and/or years ago which means I could easily sell it for more than I paid

So yes, my reloads are a LOT cheaper than factory loads and made to my needs. I can load 25/20, 256 win, 30 Rem, 7.7 Jap, 32/20 for next to nothing. Try buying any of that at any price.

And I do need 30 or 40 different calibers to load for. It keeps me from spending my money on shrinks.

bangerjim
05-24-2022, 02:05 PM
Most all my brass is free for the picking-up. I did buy 80# each of .223 and 38SPL (shiny as new) at the local yard for $1/#. I like rolling my own because I can tune the load to my needs. I would NEVER shoot commercial 44MAGS! Unless I want to spend weeks in a cast! But I can light -load 44's to a comfortable 45LC feel very easily. Same with 38/357MAG.

And all the rifles I like to shoot (from 223 up thru 45LC).

All the tons of Pb and alloy I have ranged from 30¢ to $1 a pound over the years. That included pure Sn, high Sb alloys, Bi alloys, and COWW's, along with the normal soft Pb

I figured I saved some money re-loading in the olde days of component pricing. It was just fun!

Today, I load very little due to the vast supply of ready-to-go things I have loaded in the past & stored away. By the time those dwindle down to under 750 rounds each, I hope prices are back down and I will start in again.

Happy shooting!

banger :Fire:

Hogtamer
05-24-2022, 05:40 PM
If my ciphering is correct to load a box of 1oz 12 ga with powder at $40, shot at $75, primers at $.065 ea. and wads a nickel it would cost north of $11 per box of 25 shells. ok, I’ve got the hulls, primers and powder. Still, Let’s go Brandon!

Idaho45guy
05-24-2022, 06:25 PM
Buying new brass is loading not reloading. Save the brass you shoot and reload or buy once fired.

40sw reload cost

Once fired bought and shipped online $.05
Primers $.10
Powder $45/ pound=7000gr/5gr per load=1400 loads=$.035
170grain boolits cast from lead purchased from the Captain a vendor sponsor $1.46/pound delivered=41 boolits /pound $1.46/41=$.035
Powder Coat .01/boolit
Total $.23/round X 50=$11.50 per box using brass you buy once fired
$.18/round X50=$9.00 per box if you use your own brass or scrounged brass

Checked out The Captain and he has a great deal going. Nice tip!

Soundguy
05-24-2022, 07:05 PM
If my ciphering is correct to load a box of 1oz 12 ga with powder at $40, shot at $75, primers at $.065 ea. and wads a nickel it would cost north of $11 per box of 25 shells. ok, I’ve got the hulls, primers and powder. Still, Let’s go Brandon!

Hmm.. 1 1/8 oz loads of shot or buck and 1oz slug for me are:

.09 powder
Hulls free
.10 primer
.00 fiber wads ..i punch my own
.03 wads
.13 shot or buck
.11 slug

So 35 cents for shot or buck and 33 cents for slugs, each shell...so.. 8.75 for shot/buck and 8.25 for slugs, per 25 round box is what it's costing me.

Rapier
05-24-2022, 07:36 PM
If you want to win matches, your ammo must be prepared to exacting specification. I can not buy the perfection that I seek, so I make my own perfection, pretty much like BR shooters, except I prefer reactive targets. I only shoot paper for sight in and load development.

sharps4590
05-24-2022, 07:55 PM
What missionary said. Nearly all the cartridges I like to shoot haven't been available in 75 years and some have never been available in the US. So, if I'm going to shoot them I'm going to handload...which in most cases also means forming and/or turning brass cases. I guess I'm saving money if I can make what can't be bought at any price, even with the addition of a lathe and mill. If it can be bought I ain't much interested in it anyway.

MrWolf
05-24-2022, 08:00 PM
I don't shoot any 40 S&W but save them for swaging into .45 bullets.

Slim

I WAS doing the same thing but have enough 40's brass that I bought a S&W 40. I HAD to get one you see. [smilie=s:

ulav8r
05-24-2022, 11:34 PM

Yeah, but you only got 6 or 8 ounces for a nickel. Remember when news of cane crop failure in Cuba caused local store to raise the cost a penny on each bottle. At that time there was a now defunct brand of cola that was 10 ounces, can't remember the name of it, but it only lasted 2-3 years. When Coke went to 10 ounces it disappeared.

Texas by God
05-25-2022, 08:24 AM
If you don't shoot much, reloading never pays off. But my poor teenage self could afford to shoot a lot- thanks to reloading.
I shoot 38-55 and 44-40 a lot. I've still never seen a box of factory ammo for either cartridge at the LGS. And if i do, it will be quite costly. My father had a .218 Bee Marlin. The last box of factory ammo for it that he bought was $60+. Please show me how reloading for the .218 Bee doesn't save money!
The only centerfire factory ammo that I ever buy is an occasional box of Serbian 9mm to plink with.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Three44s
05-25-2022, 08:47 AM
Does golf save money?

Does any DIY hobby save bucks?

Does shooting save money?

Most all of us have a diversion or two, pick them and enjoy. You only live once, chose wisely and do not spend much time looking in the rear view mirror of life.

Handloading is a hobby, if you like it enjoy it, if not sell your stuff to someone who does and try something else.

Myself? I love it!

Three44s

dverna
05-25-2022, 09:45 AM

If I was a snowflake, I would resent the word "hoarders", but I know you are using it with respect and admiration...LOL.

I have .22's labelled at $8.95/brick, Promo at $68/8#, $16/k primers, Linotype bought 50 years ago etc etc. But I base cost of reloads on current pricing. I am realistic so replacement cost gives a true cost of shooting.

With current cost of components, I reload for less than buying factory ammunition. For example, using powder at $300/jug, primers at $120/k and home made cast bullets at $30/k I am under $10/box. If I used jacketed bullets I would be at $12.50. Best price on factory 9mm is about $16/box.

1Papalote
05-25-2022, 11:06 AM
Being component prepared does not make one a hoarder no more than a 6 month emergency money fund does. I may have enough components to last my lifetime, that being the goal.
I had more than one person bumming me for .270 and .243 as the season approached. They were not prepared. I will not reload for another.

Lack of preparation on your part does not create an emergency on mine.

Winger Ed.
05-25-2022, 11:15 AM
. At that time there was a now defunct brand of cola that was 10 ounces, can't remember the name of it, but it only lasted 2-3 years. When Coke went to 10 ounces it disappeared.

My guess is RC Cola.
It was around for quite awhile, but I think it's gone now.

farmbif
05-25-2022, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't mind an rc cola right about now, but ive just about given up drinking fizzy pop.
there is no need to buy loaded ammo if you reload. lot of good points made here. but for me anyway, loading, casting, shooting is a hobby.
some people get old cars and spend whatever time and money it takes to make them like new again, I reload ammo so I can shoot when ever and what ever calibers might tickle my fancy. an old gun with no ammo to shoot in it is just an over priced door stop.

Freightman
05-25-2022, 03:30 PM
Cheaper or not does not matter to me. Availability does matter. Components I "hoarded" years ago provide inexpensive reloads today. Plus, while some were searching for a box of 243 in the stores, I had 20 boxes waiting to be reloaded. Buy components when things become available again and never worry about what you shoot come hunting season. Plus prices will continue to rise. Some of us remember .10 coca-cola. I am old I remember .05 cent cokes!!!!!!!!I also remember gasoline war's you pay the state and fed. tax which wad .09 cents and fill up o for the good old days, bull I was making $.75 an hour and had a @
$ 50 a mo. house payment , $25 a mo. car payment and still had to eat and utilities. I think I am in the good old days.
Son and I counted our ammo and I will not live long enough and he might not, as reloading is my therapy calms the nerves and forget everything outside of the loading room. Cheaper than a Dr.

ulav8r
05-25-2022, 10:54 PM
Was not RC Cola. I think RC lasted longer.

PS From Wikipedia "RC Cola (short for Royal Crown Cola[1]) is an American brand of cola invented by Claud A. Hatcher in 1905."

Wolfdog91
05-25-2022, 11:30 PM
Boy... somtimes I can help but sit here and realize I'm about the only 20somthing year old person on this forum lol

Three44s
05-26-2022, 12:19 AM
Boy... somtimes I can help but sit here and realize I'm about the only 20somthing year old person on this forum lol

Hey, having a youngin’ around helps us older ones feel a little younger!

Three44s

armoredman
05-26-2022, 12:58 AM
RC Cola is at the store right now...

1Papalote
05-26-2022, 02:26 AM

Yessir you are likely among the youngest. Enjoy your youth it only happens once. Glad you're here.

stubshaft
05-26-2022, 02:34 AM
I do not reload for the sole purpose of saving money. I do it to tailor loads for my guns so they can achive their peak accuracy and performance. It could cost me MORE to reload and I would still NOT shoot factory ammo.

Land Owner
05-26-2022, 03:44 AM
Wolfdog91...fifty-five (55) posts (so far) and if you add up the MILLENIA (in Years of Experience) of the Members on this thread alone it wouldn't surprise us at all. This is a "well storied" group of like-minded individuals who are free with their opinions, generous with their advice, and care deeply for safety and attention to detail in one of the best (imho) rehabilitative recreational activities on this Planet.

Thank God this is America, our forefathers chartered a Constitution, and its Bill of Rights has a 2nd Amendment!!!!! Also, thank God for the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters in arms for their gift of Freedom to exercise our rights.

Thumbcocker
05-26-2022, 09:17 AM
3V cola? It was around here in the 60's and 70's.

Soundguy
05-26-2022, 10:18 AM
Does golf save money?

Does any DIY hobby save bucks?

Does shooting save money?

Most all of us have a diversion or two, pick them and enjoy. You only live once, chose wisely and do not spend much time looking in the rear view mirror of life.

Handloading is a hobby, if you like it enjoy it, if not sell your stuff to someone who does and try something else.

Myself? I love it!

Three44s

I never got into shotshell reloading because it was hard to do it cheaper than a 5$ box of 25 shells.. now though.. it's actually viable..

Texas by God
05-26-2022, 12:18 PM
To continue drifting; do you remember Jolt Cola- "All the sugar and twice the caffeine! "
- as the ad said. It showed up when Coca- Cola discontinued original Coke for New Coke. After a bit they reintroduced "Coca- Cola Classic."- and it's still selling big time.
Back to reloading now[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Geezer in NH
05-26-2022, 05:40 PM
Jolt Cola the firehouse favorite in the 80's

ulav8r
05-26-2022, 11:38 PM
May have been Mr Pibb, but don't really think so.

alamogunr
05-27-2022, 11:18 AM
Pibb was a copy of Dr. Pepper IIRC.

Also, if my memory serves, RC Cola was featured in of one of Bro. Dave Gardner's funny renditions.

1Papalote
05-27-2022, 12:43 PM
There was a Dr Wells drink also in the 70s. 1935-?

Funny how we turned from the cost of reloading to soda nastalga(sp?)

Soundguy
05-27-2022, 03:10 PM
Remember diet rite. Nehi...etc.