PDA

View Full Version : Locating a mold

eka
01-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I can't find a mold for this anywhere. Any of you guys bumped into anything like this.

A sacrilege I know, but I'm getting sick and tired of paying $3.00 for 25 of these little suckers when I have a ton of lead sitting in my garage. I use these to tie crayfish and hellgrammite patterns for smallmouth.

Not quiet on topic and I apologize for that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

supv26
01-24-2009, 05:51 PM
What are they called?

KY_Camper
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I thought Do-It molds made one, but looking at their website, I can't find it. They do make a blank mold so you can have your own design cut. They won't cut it for you, but I am sure someone on here can. They are at
http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=92
Hope this helps.

montana_charlie
01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I can't find a mold for this anywhere.
Is that all there is to them...just a little dumbell-shaped piece of lead?

Taking that 'Micro' size (which is about 2.2 grains) I bet I could make sort of a 'swage' near the tip of a pair of needle-nosed pliers...with larger sizes further up the jaws.
CM

Dark Helmet
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
How about some heavyweight .22 air rifle pellets?

mooman76
01-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Kind of reminds me of the old slingshot pellet mould I used to have a s a kid. It's what first got me started into casting. It would do something like 40- 1/4" pellets at a wack. You did 20 on one side and fliped it over and did 20 on the other side. You had to cut the pellets apart and after you cut the top part off you had 2 pellets stuck together. Looked like a dumbell.