PDA

View Full Version : Easy money with fish water

Wolfdog91
05-21-2022, 04:49 PM
Well looks like I got a new little revenue stream lol my buddy just started trying to garden for the first time. Flowers in pots and all. Well she was having problems with them not doing too well and brought her some water from my aquaponics tank and told her to mix it in her flowers waterer. My aquaponics tank water is full of various nitrates and what not from the fish and plants LOVE IT ! Well I get a text from one of her friends asking if I can sell her some of this "magic fish water" because she wants her flower to look like my buddies. Well next thing ya know I got a couple different women texting me asking how much I charge for a bottle !This keeps up imma need to get a second tank lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220521/4a8c0987d0240b8541defa0b06a52f03.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Shawlerbrook
05-21-2022, 05:00 PM
Capitalism !!

GONRA
05-21-2022, 05:16 PM
GONRA thought EVERYBODY knew FISH POOP is great for plants?

Minerat
05-21-2022, 06:33 PM
Extra Special all organic natural concentrated house plant supplement should go for $8.00 per liter (quart). [smilie=l: It's all about marketing.

foesgth
05-21-2022, 06:47 PM
After checking my 401k I have a question. In a couple of months when you can afford it could I hire on as your driver? I can drive that stick shift Ranger no problem. :kidding:

fastdadio
05-21-2022, 06:49 PM
Wonder what the shelf life would be? Set a bottle aside for a while and see what happens. If it's still good after a year, bottle and sell it.
See me for other great consultation tips....

Winger Ed.
05-21-2022, 06:58 PM
Too cool.
You don't have to look for a job here. A job will find you if ya let it.

Those folks probably don't realize any area lake or pond is also full of the magic fish water.

Budzilla 19
05-21-2022, 07:58 PM
Looks like a win win situation to me!

BrassMagnet
05-22-2022, 09:12 AM
Well done Wolfdog91!
I am trying to start down that path. I have the greenhouse kit that needs to be assembled. After many months of waiting, they finally poured my concrete slab three days ago. I won't be in competition with you selling magic potions to little ladies as I am putting a raised bed garden in downhill from the greenhouse.
I see you went for gold fish. I intend to start with mosquito fish (Gambusia Affinis) and then move on to bluegills. I have some of the IBC totes like yours and I also have some food grade stock tanks.
Once my concrete slab cures (My concrete guy said one week!) I can start assembling the greenhouse and moving the tanks into position. My intent is to separate my tanks into four separate systems. My raised bed garden will use cinderblocks stacked two high. My back is gonna be sore! The payoff will come later. Fresh salad all winter and some vegetables to go with it and lots of produce in the summer months.
I will have some composted sawdust trucked in to bulk of the soil and improve drainage. I have also began collecting the grass cuttings and leaves to compost. With this first pile, I will just rototill mix it and add it to the sawdust that goes in the bottom of my raised beds and then I will till it again after adding topsoil. A little natural composting can take place under my plants for a start. I realize the composted sawdust will have little to no fertilizer value.
Once the truckloads of sawdust are delivered, I can have my neighbor plow my chosen area and then I can rototill it. Maybe I'll just till it.
I also have some spaghum peat moss to add. I got it before the local store ran out.
The fun starts soon!

Thundarstick
05-22-2022, 09:55 AM
I hear tell if you are famous enough, you can sell your own bath water! I have been told there are women on the internet doing that very thing now! I think they're on snatch purse or some such site, any way thought you may want to try this as well? :lol:

gwpercle
05-22-2022, 11:05 AM
Danged good idea ... and market it as Green - All Natural - No Chemicals - Bio Safe ... or whatever the terminology is that bunch like to see .

I remember my dad making a liquid fertilizer "tea" out of composted manure water and maybe epsom salts or something like that and pouring it on his tomatoe plants .
Fish manure in water... should be awesome fertilizer .
Gary

Scrounge
05-22-2022, 11:25 AM
Well done Wolfdog91!
I am trying to start down that path. I have the greenhouse kit that needs to be assembled. After many months of waiting, they finally poured my concrete slab three days ago. I won't be in competition with you selling magic potions to little ladies as I am putting a raised bed garden in downhill from the greenhouse.
I see you went for gold fish. I intend to start with mosquito fish (Gambusia Affinis) and then move on to bluegills. I have some of the IBC totes like yours and I also have some food grade stock tanks.
Once my concrete slab cures (My concrete guy said one week!) I can start assembling the greenhouse and moving the tanks into position. My intent is to separate my tanks into four separate systems. My raised bed garden will use cinderblocks stacked two high. My back is gonna be sore! The payoff will come later. Fresh salad all winter and some vegetables to go with it and lots of produce in the summer months.
I will have some composted sawdust trucked in to bulk of the soil and improve drainage. I have also began collecting the grass cuttings and leaves to compost. With this first pile, I will just rototill mix it and add it to the sawdust that goes in the bottom of my raised beds and then I will till it again after adding topsoil. A little natural composting can take place under my plants for a start. I realize the composted sawdust will have little to no fertilizer value.
Once the truckloads of sawdust are delivered, I can have my neighbor plow my chosen area and then I can rototill it. Maybe I'll just till it.
I also have some spaghum peat moss to add. I got it before the local store ran out.
The fun starts soon!

For help with the sore back: https://www.homemadetools.net/homemade-block-lifting-tongs Work smarter, not harder! Remember, Man is a tool using animal. ;)

waksupi
05-22-2022, 01:54 PM
When I still did a garden I had a half barrel of water out where I clean fish. All the scrap would go in the water to brew, heads, skeleton, guts, skin, fins. It made the best tomato food ever!

hwilliam01
05-22-2022, 02:28 PM
Danged good idea ... and market it as Green - All Natural - No Chemicals - Bio Safe ... or whatever the terminology is that bunch like to see .

I remember my dad making a liquid fertilizer "tea" out of composted manure water and maybe epsom salts or something like that and pouring it on his tomatoe plants .
Fish manure in water... should be awesome fertilizer .
Gary

Don't forget...also Gluten Free...

.429&H110
05-22-2022, 07:53 PM
Don't forget to label it! All containers must have warning labels!
no animals were harmed
100% post-fish waste
100% recycled
100% organic
100% natural
sugar free
gluten free
salt free
contains no preservatives
made in a facility that processes nuts
probably causes cancer in CA
(most important) Made in the USA.

We are going to need fish poop, phosphate used to come from russia.

jaysouth
05-22-2022, 10:34 PM
Don't forget to label it! All containers must have warning labels!
no animals were harmed
100% post-fish waste
100% recycled
100% organic
100% natural
sugar free
gluten free
salt free
contains no preservatives
made in a facility that processes nuts
probably causes cancer in CA
(most important) Made in the USA.

We are going to need fish poop, phosphate used to come from russia.

You forgot "free range".

bedbugbilly
05-23-2022, 07:59 AM
Now you just need to add packages of "magic beans" to your product line!

gwpercle
05-23-2022, 11:07 AM
I got a septic tank ...how many gallons of Liquid fertilizer is in there ...
Naw ...I don't care what it sells for ... I ain't going in there .
Some things just don't pay enough .
Gary

Duckiller
05-23-2022, 04:14 PM
Your water is probably NOT salt free. Most fresh water has some salt in it. Not enough to taste but some salt. Probably has other things in it that in quantity would cause problems.
Thats the stuff that makes it work.

quilbilly
05-23-2022, 04:32 PM
I have a 15x10 pond full of healthy breeding goldfish. Great idea for the water.

Gator 45/70
05-24-2022, 11:10 AM
Wanted for Questioning
Man seen locally pumping lake water into a 250 gallon tote tank.
Driving a Ford Ranger Truck w/clutch

ebb
05-25-2022, 09:24 AM
Tell all takers you will only trade for small rifle primers.

Freightman
05-25-2022, 03:48 PM
When I still did a garden I had a half barrel of water out where I clean fish. All the scrap would go in the water to brew, heads, skeleton, guts, skin, fins. It made the best tomato food ever! Great idea guess I will quit giving the carp away and use them for fertilizer.

BrassMagnet
05-25-2022, 10:25 PM
I have a 15x10 pond full of healthy breeding goldfish. Great idea for the water.

If they are breeding, you are giving them great living conditions. Well done!

Wolfdog91
05-25-2022, 10:38 PM
Great idea guess I will quit giving the carp away and use them for fertilizer.If you mess with carp alot you can make fish oil and emulsion pretty easy and trappers will pay good money for good quality fish oil

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Geezer in NH
05-26-2022, 05:43 PM
Poop goes bad? It starts out bad.

Alasgun
05-26-2022, 08:29 PM
It’s funny to me how people will buy stuff thats really easy to make yourself! Im not an aquaponic’o but i am completely familiar with fish emulsion. I keep a 55 gal poly drum out back that’s been fitted with a bulkhead fitting (8in) and each summer i add all the salmon carcasses to the drum. Kinda like sour dough! Kiwi’s and lacto bacillus serum (which i make as well) gets things going then i just use off it yearly and add to it. Had this going 4 years now, no smell, no animals etc.

But a more goochie thing for me has been the fermented rabbit urine, i call it rabbit wine and it works quite well for anything growing; and it’s super simple to make “If you are or know someone in the rabbit business.”

And yes both of these meet all the green criteria you could dream up!

Freightman
05-27-2022, 07:47 PM
Heck I have goats, cows, horses, pigs, and chickens:: I may be sitting on a fortune at least a pile:evil:

Wag
05-28-2022, 09:35 AM
One year when the circus came to town, my old man picked up a bucket of elephant poop from the caretaker.

Then he set up a barrel with the poop and water and the elephant poop tea made for the best garden he ever had, bar none.

--Wag--

Geezer in NH
05-29-2022, 04:47 PM
Someone has thought about it. Lowes sells dehydrated cow manure. It is a very low fertilize count. (you cannot use to much) Aubuchon hardware in NE sell Lobster shell compost from Maine at extraordinaire price.

Thundarstick
05-30-2022, 05:15 AM
Don't forget Milorganite! From a municipality that actually sells you their sewage!

fixit
05-30-2022, 10:52 AM
Another municipality, if I've heard correctly, does something similar, and sells it under the trade name mansoil.....gardeners love the stuff. Apparently, they treat it until it is biologically inactive, dehydrate it, then bag it. I've heard that the first couple of times it gets wet, it stinks to high heaven, afterwards smelling like any other rich loam.