PDA

View Full Version : **** remington gun store website warning ****

MarkP
05-18-2022, 01:54 PM
Not sure where to post this but wanted to get the word out.

I have been getting email messages from Remington for years, and they had just started sending updates about their ammo facilities and other product lines. I figured the Remington Gun Store website was the new ownership's Marketing Group sending out notices to individuals that have purchased parts from the Remington Country Store in the past. Basically letting individuals know Remington is back. When I looked at the website I did think it was kind of strange they were selling direct and not going through a distributor / dealer network.

I placed an order for a 20 ga Rem 870 Tac 14 this morning, while checking out I thought it was weird that there was not place to enter payment info. They had a section to fill out your FFL transfer information. After placing the order I received an order confirmation message then and additional message came a few minutes later asking to set up a Zelle account and to let them know after it was set up and they would send payment information.

The site looks very legitimate but the prices are below retail and items are in stock. Prices are low but not crazy low and seemed somewhat realistic. I have not looked at purchasing anything for quite a while, the prices seemed about where prices were a few years ago, again I thought it was the Remington Market Group. (for example Syn 870 Express at $339)

I thought it was legit until they sent the payment info as it was an individual's gmail account.

thegatman
05-18-2022, 01:58 PM
Can't pass that deal up. Scam alert. Google them.

farmbif
05-18-2022, 02:29 PM
the lowest prices ive seen for guns actually in stock is from buds gun shop, but there are some other big players too. and with buds if you send them ad from somewhere else with lower price for same exact thing they will match or beat the price

Winger Ed.
05-18-2022, 02:52 PM
I don't deal with anybody that doesn't take Mastercard or Visa, and has a real street address.

Der Gebirgsjager
05-18-2022, 03:46 PM
Phone Remington.

DG

HawkEyeEarl
05-20-2022, 04:37 PM
I would not take the chance. Sounds screwy.

bangerjim
05-20-2022, 05:45 PM
Smells clear out here in the desert SW! Gotta be a scam. If a company does not take cc's (the company I own and operate accepts 5 different ones!) you have no recourse on your money. Once transferred to their Zelle (or whatever) account, it is gone.

Use the smell test these days. People are desperate for ammo and gun stuff, and, just like the cyoteeees at the southern border, they are there to willingly and easily rob you blind.

If they gave you a physical address, I would contact the BBB in that city!

MarkP
05-20-2022, 07:37 PM
The site has been taken down............. whoever did website the site did a great job it looked as good or better than the Real Remington Country Store did when it was up and running. Fairly certain they somehow copied Sportsman Warehouse Website (just their Remington listings)

Very comprehensive catalog of Remington rifles and shotguns; they had items listed that have not been available for a while, like 28 ga & .410 870's. Remington's at Sportsman WH are out of stock and show prices when they were in stock. That would explain the prices what they were 2 yrs ago when items were available.

Only thing weird was they did not have a place for entering payment information when checking out. The giveaway was the second email message asking to pay with Zelle other than that you would not know the difference.

murf205
05-20-2022, 09:34 PM
Facebook had an ad for SAS shoes that actually used their webpage saying they were closing their factory outlet store in San Antonio offering super discounts. When you ordered a pair of shoes, the money went into an account in China. Got to use the sniff test now days for sure.

M-Tecs
05-20-2022, 09:59 PM
This one is still up and yes it is a scam. https://remingtonarmsusa.com/

If it was not a scam this one would have been mine months ago. https://remingtonarmsusa.com/remington-30-express-30-cal-police-trade-in-rifle/

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/remingtonarmsusa-com-scam-website-beware.4051880/

dverna
05-21-2022, 06:50 AM
I don't deal with anybody that doesn't take Mastercard or Visa, and has a real street address.

Good advice.

MrWolf
05-21-2022, 08:14 AM
Same thing happened with Sig store. Finally called the company and they said it was a scam site but nothing they could do. I only deal with credit cards for payment.