PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Smale?

AnthonyB
05-16-2022, 03:44 PM
He hasn’t posted since February. Have I missed some news from/about him? I enjoyed his posts.
Tony

Land Owner
05-16-2022, 06:46 PM
He's active on GBOReloaded. Don't think he's avoiding here though.

44MAG#1
05-16-2022, 07:39 PM
If one bring up his profile it shows his last "activity" was 5-1-2022. doesnt mean he posted anything just that he logged on.

Boolit Grand Master

Add as Friend Add as Friend
Send Private Message Send Private Message
Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
Find latest posts Find latest posts
Find latest started threads Find latest started threads

Last Activity
05-01-2022 04:43 AM

I think he is starting to look at most forums like I do. Just in amusement.

Grayone
05-16-2022, 07:48 PM
He hasn’t posted since February. Have I missed some news from/about him? I enjoyed his posts.
Tony

I think he is a moderator over on GBO. They probably keep him busy over there.

JoeG52
05-16-2022, 08:41 PM
Read Lloyd's post on GBOReloaded (reply #4 in this thread). I don't think he will be back here.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=295022.msg1099804268#msg1099804268

Frosty Boolit
05-16-2022, 09:07 PM
I'm sure the infraction was simply stating facts without a reference.

dverna
05-16-2022, 09:10 PM
I liked Lloyd. He was a straight up guy.

I have had my hand slapped on this forum and most of the time it was warranted.

Sorry to see him go for now. Hopefully, he cools down and comes back

MT Gianni
05-16-2022, 09:49 PM
Owner of this forum lives in Florida to the best of my knowledge.

GregLaROCHE
05-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Read Lloyd's post on GBOReloaded (reply #4 in this thread). I don't think he will be back here.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=295022.msg1099804268#msg1099804268

Wow! That’s a surprise.

sparky45
05-16-2022, 11:02 PM
Lloyd is a strongly opinionated, head strong, honest person, and I doubt he'll be back.

truckerdave397
05-17-2022, 12:38 AM
Sorry to see a fellow Michigander leave.

rbuck351
05-17-2022, 01:55 AM
I didn't know Lloyd but liked what he had to say. I too doubt he will be back.

Handloader109
05-17-2022, 07:25 AM
We all are opinionated, but sometimes can get way over the top. I very well doubt that it was as simple as what he posted, and as he wasn't banned, he's just a bit butt hurt. Again normal reaction. Hopefully he'll settle down and come back. And yes, owner lives in Florida, and is as conservative as most of us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Finster101
05-17-2022, 08:22 AM
Owner of this forum lives in Florida to the best of my knowledge.

Not that it really makes a difference and I do not know if the sight owner is Canadian or not, but there are a lot of Canadians living in Florida.

MrWolf
05-17-2022, 08:39 AM
I think a lot of facts are missing from his post. From my time as a Moderator, these folks go out of their way to be fair and discuss almost everything as a group before anything is done. No personal vendettas, etc. Even I got a warning that was justified. Doesn't matter your post count, rules are rules.

44MAG#1
05-17-2022, 09:02 AM
I predict this thread will be locked or even deleted before long.

lightman
05-17-2022, 09:31 AM
I liked Lloyds post and hope he comes back.

No_1
05-17-2022, 09:35 AM
We all are opinionated, but sometimes can get way over the top. I very well doubt that it was as simple as what he posted, and as he wasn't banned, he's just a bit butt hurt. Again normal reaction. Hopefully he'll settle down and come back. And yes, owner lives in Florida, and is as conservative as most of us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Correct. I was born / raised in the South and unless you are from the South or spent a lot of time down here I am probably more of a "Right Wing Redneck" than any of ya'll have ever or will ever encounter - I might even have a mullet....

I like Lloyd a lot. He is very opinionated which we need as it tends to keep us on our toes and makes us think. I am very surprised he said I was Canadian even though he surely knows I am not considering he has purchased gear from me in the past and part of that conversation was a fair amount of discussion of his and my (our) careers with our very own US Government.

Rob

No_1
05-17-2022, 09:37 AM
I think a lot of facts are missing from his post. From my time as a Moderator, these folks go out of their way to be fair and discuss almost everything as a group before anything is done. No personal vendettas, etc. Even I got a warning that was justified. Doesn't matter your post count, rules are rules.

Thank you Mr. Wolf for the honest opinion of our "behind the scenes".

1hole
05-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Lloyd has a great ego but he knows a lot. A good bit of it is true, but the rest is opinion. He indignantly reacts to opposing opinions as if they are personal attacks on him. I found that to be somewhat tiresome and I don't miss him. In fact, I had not noticed he was gone.

white eagle
05-17-2022, 10:06 AM
Lloyd has a great ego but he knows a lot. A good bit of it is true, but the rest is opinion. He indignantly reacts to opposing opinions as if they are personal attacks on him. I found that to be somewhat tiresome and I don't miss him. In fact, I had not noticed he was gone.

Agreed
post count don't give you special rites

JoeJames
05-17-2022, 10:12 AM
I like Lloyd. I am a certified pedigreed Ozark American and Southern born and bred, but Lloyd and I usually agreed on most things. I hope he comes back on here. You never ever had to wonder what his view of things was.

bangerjim
05-17-2022, 11:29 AM
I really did not notice he was gone. I know he sure liked to argue with me and most on here about everything under the sun. Guess some people are like that.

I wish him well in his new life "over there".

Nueces
05-17-2022, 12:49 PM
One way to resolve the conflicting parts of this story would be to suggest that Lloyd's post on the other board made reference to an unnamed forum that was not this one. If that is the case, his absence here is as yet unexplained. No one here but staff can tell if Lloyd had been 'infracted' over the sort of post he describes over there.

gwpercle
05-17-2022, 01:11 PM
One of the great things we have on the improved site is that "cancel" button ...
I write out stupid stuff , read it back and think ... I shouldn't say that and it is so nice to hit the "cancel" and it all goes away ... It does go away doesn't it ... or can the moderator's see what I wrote but didn't post ?
Gary

Char-Gar
05-17-2022, 01:18 PM
I like Lloyd. I am a certified pedigreed Ozark American and Southern born and bred, but Lloyd and I usually agreed on most things. I hope he comes back on here. You never ever had to wonder what his view of things was.

Interesting, Lloyd detested boys from Dixie with their pickups and Confederate flags and pride in Southern heritage. He was delighted when the move against Southern/Confederate heritage began some years back. He could not understand why Southerners just could not accept their defeat and consequent humiliations. he was the ultimate Unionist with the accompanying sense of moral superiority.

He and I locked horns on this issue many time and he has been on my ignore list for many years. Further the affiant sayeth not.

flyer1
05-17-2022, 03:43 PM
Interesting, Lloyd detested boys from Dixie with their pickups and Confederate flags and pride in Southern heritage. He was delighted when the move against Southern/Confederate heritage began some years back. He could not understand why Southerners just could not accept their defeat and consequent humiliations. he was the ultimate Unionist with the accompanying sense of moral superiority.

He and I locked horns on this issue many time and he has been on my ignore list for many years. Further the affiant sayeth not.

I agree with you completely. I for one will not miss him.

No_1
05-17-2022, 03:58 PM
One of the great things we have on the improved site is that "cancel" button ...
I write out stupid stuff , read it back and think ... I shouldn't say that and it is so nice to hit the "cancel" and it all goes away ... It does go away doesn't it ... or can the moderator's see what I wrote but didn't post ?
Gary

Yes and no. We cannot see anything you cancel before you post but once posted we can see anything you post including all changes with time stamps of when the changes happen. However, I put the brakes on (software wise) the moderators (or myself) ability to read members PM’s as I do believe y’all deserve your privacy.

Thundarstick
05-17-2022, 04:29 PM
As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

Good life Lloyd! May God bless you!

JoeJames
05-17-2022, 04:36 PM

I defer to your judgment, not been on here near as long. I presented a Motion to our local circuit judge, who granted it. I kept on talking and he quietly informed me that he'd granted my Motion; so I did not need to talk any further.

Idaho45guy
05-17-2022, 04:51 PM

Same. Both of my infractions were due to responding to him. I get much less triggered now that he's gone, lol.

Winger Ed.
05-17-2022, 05:17 PM
Same. Both of my infractions were due to responding to him. I get much less triggered now that he's gone, lol.

I think that was what happened on my infraction last year too.
I just didn't take him too seriously any more.
I didn't add him to the ignore list-- I save that for posters that when I see their name,
I ask myself, "What hateful, negative energy, nonsense is it going to be---- this time"?

AnthonyB
05-17-2022, 05:49 PM
All; thanks for the information.
Tony

Shawlerbrook
05-17-2022, 05:57 PM
Sad to read this but it seems to happen on all sites. Although I will disagree at times I try not to be disagreeable. Nobody I have ever met or talked to in my 65+ years was always right, including me.

farmbif
05-17-2022, 06:12 PM
there are other sites for shooting, gun, reloading enthusiasts that boot you off completely, no warning no nothing if you just disagree with their way of thinking.
as me how I know.

Mal Paso
05-17-2022, 08:47 PM
As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

"Well, bless his heart"

Land Owner
05-18-2022, 03:33 AM
As they say, "Never say 'never'". He's opiniated and will tell you "How it is" (according to lloyd). In my CB and GBO association I opine that he's familiar with and informed on handguns and long guns. He's been a lifelong depredation deer hunter, a USCG Vet, like me, and is an Ultra-MAGA conservative. He won't give up, back down, or give in. I am not a fan-boy. Ignored him at times. Tolerated at times. Agreed with him mostly. Moderated him and a time or two peeved him greatly. Though we've never met, and do not see eye to eye, I still call him friend. YMMV...

rancher1913
05-18-2022, 07:46 AM
well this sure took a u turn :popcorn:

44MAG#1
05-18-2022, 08:05 AM
Lloyd Smale is who he is Lloyd Smale. That is fine. He doesn't take a PR (public relations) type technique in what he says or believes. That is fine.
Some try to be a Diplomat. We all know what a Diplomat is, right?
But most can read through the Diplomat camouflage or I hope they can. I am not a fan boy of his but I am not a detractor of his either. I would rather have someone tell me what they think rather to give me some candy coated Diplomatic hog wash.
Anyone that wants to know what a Diplomat is PM me.

farmbif
05-18-2022, 08:12 AM
what is a diplomat? without diplomats, the generals of the world better order much much more ammo, guns and troops.

Char-Gar
05-18-2022, 09:19 AM
The world is made up of different kinds of people. Some believe that being hard headed, ignorant, intractable. opinionated and offensive is a virtue to be admired. Others do not see things that way. These others think that positive human relations are are a good thing and more flies are caught with honey than vinegar. Some don't care about the consequences of what they say and then others do. I suppose the difference is a rather basic understanding of what is important in life.

sparky45
05-18-2022, 10:43 AM
Six of one half dozen of the others.

Finster101
05-18-2022, 11:38 AM
"what is important in life."

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women. :kidding:

buckwheatpaul
05-18-2022, 08:44 PM
"Some don't care about the consequences of what they say and then others do. I suppose the difference is a rather basic understanding of what is important in life." And that kind of attitude is what keeps the Moderators busy trying to keep a wholesome family oriented site!

If ya just think and review your posts before you hit the post button we would be virtually out of a job!

Hickok
05-19-2022, 08:51 AM
I come here because of the camaraderie, solid information, and the good people who frequent this site. Mutual respect and generosity are practiced here.

There are other sights that I will not participate in because of the rudeness, filthy vocabulary, and bully attitudes of the members.

Hey, we all mess up at times,...if we are cautioned or reprimanded,....suck it up, apologize for the mistake,...and let it pass.

The owners, the moderators and the good folks here are the best!

44MAG#1
05-19-2022, 09:01 AM
I come here because of the camaraderie, solid information, and the good people who frequent this site. Mutual respect and generosity are practiced here.

There are other sights that I will not participate in because of the rudeness, filthy vocabulary, and bully attitudes of the members.

Hey, we all mess up at times,...if we are cautioned or reprimanded,....suck it up, apologize for the mistake,...and let it pass.

The owners, the moderators and the good folks here are the best!

I agree with you but we all have social masks we wear. I am sure the owner of this site and the moderators have social masks. Most don't act in Church the same way we act at work, at a party ,family function or a host of other places. Everywhere we go there is a faction of people that want to be handled with kid gloves and their fragile senses massaged. If they don't get that they whine
Where is the line drawn on how to handle those people while dealing with the hard nosed ones at the same time?
This place isn't Church and neither is it a local rough neck bar atmosphere.

RogerDat
05-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Outrage both having it and promoting it seems to be popular on the internet. The more aggressive and angry posts or posts designed to cause anger seem to get the most traffic. Too bad it is that way but seems like it is.

I doubt I have dealt with many if any people at this site whom I wouldn't enjoy sitting around a campfire or grill with. Might not agree with them on this or that but honestly half the country thinks your view or opinion is wrong no matter what that view or opinion is. Same for any opinion I have. With some thinkin your are too left and some thinking you are too right. Might as well not get undies in a knot over folks not always agreeing with you. Most of us are old enough we don't need "validation" by others, we have been there, done that, learned at least a little something from the experience that now informs our opinions.

It isn't that the casting and reloading community is nothing but saints but this forum tends to discourage people who get enjoyment out of being angry or stirring up anger in others. Well that and hunting, fishing, shooting are sports that tend to appeal to folks who share some common enjoyment of the out of doors and good company. Many having figured out that by being good company they find good company.

sparky45
05-19-2022, 10:24 AM
3 of the Mods that smacked the back of my hand none are with the site any longer. Another Mod was banned. BTW, the 3 that are no longer on this site died. That could be a cautionary tale to those who are quick to strike.:bigsmyl2:

Der Gebirgsjager
05-19-2022, 10:38 AM
3 of the Mods that smacked the back of my hand none are with the site any longer. Another Mod was banned. BTW, the 3 that are no longer on this site died. That could be a cautionary tale to those who are quick to strike.:bigsmyl2:

Gads! I feel like I've been hexed! My annual medical checkup is June 1st.........

DG

1hole
05-19-2022, 10:46 AM

Lloyd was never a character of real consequence to me. I wasn't triggered or angry at his often exposed belligerence on matters of opinion - and he has a LOT of opinions! But his constant sneering at other's opinions irritated me quite often. I simply didn't bother to read his posts and I didn't have to use my "Ignore" feature to do it. We've had several people I ignored by simply not reading their posts. Lloyd became one.

The only man I've ever put on my "Ignore" list was one nuisance character who was flooding me with PMs to insist I agree with one of his pet (but incorrect, IMHO!) opinions. I finally did "Ignore" him - at a moderators suggestion - and that has kept him out of my mail box. (He's still there too; I like that! :))

It's normal for people to hold differing opinions but it's not nice to sneer at the people who have different opinions. I don't care how many rounds anyone fires each year, how much gunpowder and primers and cases they have nor how many AR-15s and 9mm handguns, etc., they may have, no one "knows it all" ... except Lloyd. He was and is the kind of northiner that makes "Dampyankee" one word and gives them a bad name, even up north!

I wish him well .... someplace else.

gwpercle
05-19-2022, 11:04 AM

Me Too .
Mom would tell us ... 1.) Act nice ... and 2.) if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything at all .

May God Bless Us All .
Gary

alfadan
05-19-2022, 11:55 AM
I found his posts hard to follow.

44MAG#1
05-19-2022, 12:00 PM
I think it has been established he was not of a PR quality. In other words one would not hire him if he had a PR firm.
Could we agree on that?

Char-Gar
05-19-2022, 12:13 PM
I find the discussion about the various personas that folks have interesting and of course entirely true. Most folks do present themselves differently to different groups of people. I have mixed feelings about the issue though. If it is done to be kind or respectful of the people around us, that would be a good thing. However, it is done to deceive or hide our true selves, then that is not a good thing.

Wm. Shakespeare in addition to being the master of Elizabethan English was also a man of great insight into the human animal. In Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3 he has Polonius offering the following counsel. "This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man?"

Good counsel to ponder and better counsel to follow.

Char-Gar
05-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Me Too .
Mom would tell us ... 1.) Act nice ... and 2.) if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything at all .

May God Bless Us All .
Gary

My question: Do we maintain silence, when doing so allows falsehood to flourish and spread? Falsehood that can harm, distort and corrupt others? Way to many Germans practiced that silence about their Fuhrer.

Platitudes, even from our mothers, are not Holy Writ, they are just good advise that may or may not be applicable to different circumstances in life.

44MAG#1
05-19-2022, 12:30 PM
Shakespeare also said, now paraphrasing not a direct quote that the world is a stage and we are all actors. I can give a full and direct quote if necessary. We can all act nice even though we don't feel like acting nice and we all act hateful when not really upset to get a desired effect.
I have an attorney buddy that can do it all. I had a buddy now deceased that was a salesman by trade that could make you feel great about yourself but in reality was tearing you down to little pieces. Most weren't smart enough to to realize it.
Maybe Smale didn't sugar coat things.

uscra112
05-19-2022, 12:38 PM
I hadn't realized it, but the site has seemed more peaceful and rational lately. Now I know why. Won't miss him.

Screwbolts
05-19-2022, 12:59 PM
Strong Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, WEAK MINDS Discuss People

slim1836
05-19-2022, 01:01 PM
A lot of good folks of all walks of life have come and gone, many of whom I will miss and a few I will not. Some get bored and move on, some are forced out, some die, and some leave voluntarily. Some believe their methods are the best and only way, others disagree. Some take it personal others are more forgiving. It's a constant cycle.

I too have been call down a time or two by mods, it's a thankless position but necessary for what I believe to be one of the best sites out there.

Politics and religion seem to be a cause in a lot of these decisions.

I try to be fair to all here even if we don't see eye to eye, however, with some that's just not possible. YMMV

Slim

sparky45
05-19-2022, 01:07 PM
I think it has been established he was not of a PR quality. In other words one would not hire him if he had a PR firm.
Could we agree on that?

That could apply to at least 81 million others.

Omega
05-19-2022, 02:14 PM
Personally I find it in bad taste to speak badly against someone who is gone. I have my own opinion, but will share that with him if the conversation turns to that, otherwise meh, won't change anything.

wildwilly501
05-19-2022, 02:44 PM
This has to be one of the worst threads I’ve seen let go on here.We have a thread badmouthing a man who posters say was a obnoxious know it all but if you go back and read their posts many of them are the same as him.

44MAG#1
05-19-2022, 03:13 PM
This has to be one of the worst threads I’ve seen let go on here.We have a thread badmouthing a man who posters say was a obnoxious know it all but if you go back and read their posts many of them are the same as him.

I am surprised it has gone on this long. I havent said anything good or bad about Mr. Smale. But I thought it would be locked or deleted altogether before now.

Dieselhorses
05-19-2022, 03:33 PM
Now I'm having second thoughts. And I just left out the rest...

Red River Rick
05-19-2022, 04:42 PM
Thread closed, under staff review.