PDA

View Full Version : Part 2, I hate Fed Ex

Castaway
05-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Sunday morning I found a FedEx package in the street. Wasted a considerable amount of my time trying to reach a Fed Ex representative. No options presented to me applied on the number Bingo game either. This morning, a Fed Ex driver was at the neighbors and he refused to take the package that fell out of a Fed Ex truck.

Jaaymar
05-10-2022, 12:07 PM
You could contact the sender to let them know how bad F¿€₹D EX messed up on their shipment.

How much to ship it using UPS or USPS?
Maybe we could pass the hat (paypal frends and family)?

Castaway
05-10-2022, 12:15 PM
I probably could but hate to think of my frustration if I got the press this button solution and couldn’t get a person

MaryB
05-10-2022, 12:51 PM
trick with the FedEx phne system is keep hitting zero on the phone... eventually the computer gives up and connects you to a human!

Castaway
05-10-2022, 02:55 PM
And after I zero 50 times I’ll get help? This is the company that told me to stay home a particular day to give an adult signature and the package came a week later. If they made it easier to talk to a person than it is to flush a toilet on a submarine, i might change my mind.

brass410
05-10-2022, 06:30 PM
I feel for ya ups isnt any better I've a tracking number for a parcel that they claim was never sent. Had it sent to my US post box along with others pre covid border closures I called to inquire of outcome pending delayed pickup they said no problem, I finally get there all but one are there, I enquire with track number they say, number generated, parcel not in system, therefore never sent. I guess some you win some you'll lose I dont have much recourse at this point 2 yrs later.

Finster101
05-10-2022, 06:40 PM
I feel for ya ups isnt any better I've a tracking number for a parcel that they claim was never sent. Had it sent to my US post box along with others pre covid border closures I called to inquire of outcome pending delayed pickup they said no problem, I finally get there all but one are there, I enquire with track number they say, number generated, parcel not in system, therefore never sent. I guess some you win some you'll lose I dont have much recourse at this point 2 yrs later.

Not for nothing, but why in the world would you let UPS store your stuff two years, I'm guessing for free and be surprised one is not there? I am surprised any are there. I don't see UPS as the problem here.

white eagle
05-10-2022, 06:45 PM
Fedex and UPS are merging the new company name is Fedups

Idaho45guy
05-11-2022, 12:20 AM
Fedex and UPS are merging the new company name is Fedups

MrWolf
05-11-2022, 09:12 AM
Look up the local distribution center and call them. Always had better luck that way.

gwpercle
05-11-2022, 09:14 AM
Wait 30 days ...if no one claims it ... it's your's !

Soundguy
05-11-2022, 10:35 AM
And after I zero 50 times I’ll get help? This is the company that told me to stay home a particular day to give an adult signature and the package came a week later. If they made it easier to talk to a person than it is to flush a toilet on a submarine, i might change my mind.

Yup.. had bad luck with deliveries that need a warm body to stay home from work.. but then don't deliver.

derek45
05-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Fed ex-con

brass410
05-11-2022, 04:24 PM
Not for nothing, but why in the world would you let UPS store your stuff two years, I'm guessing for free and be surprised one is not there? I am surprised any are there. I don't see UPS as the problem here.

Not stored by choice, not sure if you realized or not but the US/Can border was closed to only critical services traffic meaning I couldnt get to my US address for the duration of covid quarantine (approx 2yrs) to retrieve my packages/ bills for US residence etc, fortunately I could do a lot of bills paying by E-commerce, had nothing to do with free, I was happy to pay for storage, I even called the ups customer service centre to confirm it sitting idle and they had no problem due to circumstances. So its not like I was being hymy or lacksy daisy as your post suggests

daengmei
05-11-2022, 06:43 PM
For what it's worth, I have had nary a problem with deliveries from FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Just south of Louisville Ky.

elmacgyver0
05-11-2022, 06:50 PM
**it happens

imashooter2
05-11-2022, 06:51 PM
Walk into a FedEx shipping center, lay the package on the counter and walk out. You’ve done your Christian duty and it’s no longer your problem.

Finster101
05-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Not stored by choice, not sure if you realized or not but the US/Can border was closed to only critical services traffic meaning I couldnt get to my US address for the duration of covid quarantine (approx 2yrs) to retrieve my packages/ bills for US residence etc, fortunately I could do a lot of bills paying by E-commerce, had nothing to do with free, I was happy to pay for storage, I even called the ups customer service centre to confirm it sitting idle and they had no problem due to circumstances. So its not like I was being hymy or lacksy daisy as your post suggests

My apologies. I had no idea you were trapped on the wrong side of the border.

brass410
05-11-2022, 09:04 PM
this covid thing messed with everyone, in one way or another, we've all been suffering. I'm just glad to be moving on,and if this is all that it costs it's going to be pretty cheap, many people have lost a whole lot more than a measly parcel.

Idaho45guy
05-11-2022, 10:41 PM
Most of my packages lately are going through either UPS or the USPS. Looks like many merchants have made a decision to avoid FedEx.

But, I have also noticed that many of my packages are either late, or there is no set delivery date for a week or more. I ordered a Chronograph from Amazon.com and a motorcycle lift from Walmart.com. Chrono was supposed to be here today and never showed. Lift is supposed to be here next Thursday. Got emails from both companies today and the lift will now be here early (this Saturday), and the chrono won't be here until Thursday or Friday.

Chrono is coming through USPS and the lift is coming via FedEx.

So, who knows?

derek45
05-11-2022, 11:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssuhlfl4hws

ulav8r
05-12-2022, 07:59 PM
Most of my packages lately are going through either UPS or the USPS. Looks like many merchants have made a decision to avoid FedEx.

But, I have also noticed that many of my packages are either late, or there is no set delivery date for a week or more. I ordered a Chronograph from Amazon.com and a motorcycle lift from Walmart.com. Chrono was supposed to be here today and never showed. Lift is supposed to be here next Thursday. Got emails from both companies today and the lift will now be here early (this Saturday), and the chrono won't be here until Thursday or Friday.

Chrono is coming through USPS and the lift is coming via FedEx.

So, who knows?

My wife takes meds that have to be refrigerated and her insurance company insists she will get better pricing if she gets 3 month supplies from a mail order pharmacy. The problem is that the pharmacy will take 5-10 days to begin processing her order, then 3-4 days to fill the order. It then ships Fedex and takes two days. We are at home 2-3 days a week and at another address the rest of the time. Not knowing how long the pharmacy will take to ship the order she can't be sure to where to have it shipped. This week she received a shipment on Tuesday so we had to come home early so it would not sit on the front porch 3 days early.

Handloader109
05-13-2022, 07:35 AM
Put a fridge on the front porch. Nah, those drivers can't read..... because fedex uses contract employees, service varies so much town to town,state by state. I've had great service, and then atrociously bad. Packages left on porch and packages thrown next to my gate at the road.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk