PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with aftermarket trigger on Ruger number 1

Thumbcocker
05-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Looks like ther are a few out there. Anyone tried them? Results?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gewehrfreund
05-08-2022, 07:14 PM
I've tried all of them, and they're all better than the factory 2-screw trigger, but some are not much of an improvement over the earlier Ruger 3-screw trigger (i.e. with adjustment for sear engagement).
The newest and about the only one available right now, is the Jard. I just got a rifle with one installed and it's very nice. For set triggers, I prefer the old Canjars over the Kepplinger, but both are good and it's a matter of personal taste and "looks".
The current 2-screw factory triggers can be worked to improve them "a little", but will never be as good as a truly adjustable trigger. For most hunting, they're probably fine, but most of my shooting is at targets, so I want a light, consistent let-off.

GOPHER SLAYER
05-09-2022, 01:01 PM
I have a Ruger #1 with a Canjar trigger, and it is great. I don't know if they are still available.

stubshaft
05-09-2022, 05:24 PM
The Jards are pretty good and better than a 2-screw factory trigger. I think they are the only ones available right now, but if you can find a Canjar or Kepplinger you would be "set" (pun intended). The cost might be a little high as I remember when I got my last Kepplinger it was going for $300.00+.

Thumbcocker
05-09-2022, 05:46 PM
The Jards are pretty good and better than a 2-screw factory trigger. I think they are the only ones available right now, but if you can find a Canjar or Kepplinger you would be "set" (pun intended). The cost might be a little high as I remember when I got my last Kepplinger it was going for $300.00+.Can an average person fit one? I have basic gun tools and have worked on aot of Ruger revolvers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stubshaft
05-10-2022, 01:34 AM
They (Jards) are not too hard to fit, just make sure to keep the parts you are removing in a safe place.