PDA

View Full Version : Ginex Primers Becoming Available but not Cheap

deltaenterprizes
05-06-2022, 08:54 PM
I got an email from American Marksman saying that Ginex primers are available from them but almost $100/1000!
I hope prices drop soon!

oldscool
05-07-2022, 01:00 AM
Sorry to say, but HANG ON FOR THE RIDE!

rockrat
05-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Saw some CCI's at a gun store in Ohio for $99.99

MrWolf
05-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Just saw an add for name brand primers @ $109.99 per 1,000. Seems like that is the new normal. Ouch.

Finster101
05-07-2022, 09:59 AM
Just bought a sleeve of 5000 CCI 450s for $419.00 shipped. Still high, but the best I've seen in a while. Should last me a long time.

Handloader109
05-07-2022, 10:15 AM
Amazing to think I've got $2000 of primers when I probably paid $350 or so for them

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Finster101
05-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Amazing to think I've got $2000 of primers when I probably paid $350 or so for them

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I do understand. I am well supplied with both large and small pistol primers, but I decided to start playing with rifles after I retired a year ago and only had a couple hundred rifle primers. I could wait till the price drops, but who knows when that will be and I want to play now.

dverna
05-07-2022, 11:39 AM
I do understand. I am well supplied with both large and small pistol primers, but I decided to start playing with rifles after I retired a year ago and only had a couple hundred rifle primers. I could wait till the price drops, but who knows when that will be and I want to play now.

Agree....You cannot take the money with you. Have fun while we can.

Evoken
05-07-2022, 12:21 PM
I have paid the extortion fees for a few bricks. It is what it is I guess. I have not seen any small pistol around here in some time. I know I can order some, but I try and get what I can locally. Down to a brick of sp, but I have developed loads for 38,357,and 40 all using fed sr. They seem to have a softer cup and the gas guns show some flattening if I crank them to 5.56 levels. So I will burn them up in pistols.

Idaho45guy
05-07-2022, 04:03 PM
My local shop finally got in some Federal small pistol Match primers, CCI small rifle Magnums, and some Federal rifle primers.

Still limited to only two TRAYS per day. Federals were $10 per tray and CCIs were $15. Crazy. They also have plenty of ammo and almost as much as before the panic. More bullets as well, but the stuff I want is still out of stock. No powder, either.

I have enough to get through the rest of Biden's term, so that's comforting.

elmacgyver0
05-07-2022, 04:10 PM

It always comes down to.
You have to pay to play.
Just the way it is.

Of course you could start reloading primers.
If that is unpalatable, just pay the high price, there are always options, but at times, they do suck.

Finster101
05-07-2022, 04:19 PM
It always comes down to.
You have to pay to play.
Just the way it is.

Of course you could start reloading primers.
If that is unpalatable, just pay the high price, there are always options, but at times, they do suck.

With what I just acquired I should be good to go for quite a while. Bass Pro is the only thing reasonably close to me for local purchasing of reloading supplies. After my last visit there, I will never be back.

Mytmousemalibu
05-07-2022, 04:54 PM
Let me forwarn anyone shopping for Ginex primers. I have experience with the SP's and SPM's. The standard primers were great, all went bang, I wouldn't think about not buying more. The Magnums on the other hand, you better have a gun that hits like a Mack truck. Easily the hardest pistol primer I have encountered and I've tried about all of them. Even CCI SR's are softer. They are on the snug side as far as fitment too. Really takes some seat pressure in some brass. I'd still buy them in these times of unavailability. The magnums are only for my hammer fired guns. Just an FYI.

RKJ
05-07-2022, 05:26 PM
Let me forwarn anyone shopping for Ginex primers. I have experience with the SP's and SPM's. The standard primers were great, all went bang, I wouldn't think about not buying more. The Magnums on the other hand, you better have a gun that hits like a Mack truck. Easily the hardest pistol primer I have encountered and I've tried about all of them. Even CCI SR's are softer. They are on the snug side as far as fitment too. Really takes some seat pressure in some brass. I'd still buy them in these times of unavailability. The magnums are only for my hammer fired guns. Just an FYI.

I've noticed that they are very snug in some brass but not so bad in others. The foreign stuff had some real tight pockets and between the two I'd crush more than I liked.

TyGuy
05-07-2022, 05:30 PM
I picked up a 5k sleeve for around $75/k a few months back. Just loaded and shot a box of cast 9mm with them this morning. So far so good!

Mytmousemalibu
05-07-2022, 07:49 PM
I've noticed that they are very snug in some brass but not so bad in others. The foreign stuff had some real tight pockets and between the two I'd crush more than I liked.

Yes! It depends on the brass but on average I would say they are pretty snug in most primer pockets. Perhaps what one desires on brass that has been reloaded a fair bit. I case gauge all my match ammo for discrepancies and had a lot of high primers with the Ginex mags. I'll set those aside and carefully set them individually with a hand priming tool. That may be a little too bold for some without pulling the rounds down.

chambers
05-07-2022, 08:45 PM
New price for primers here if you can find them in Big Box stores is $ 80 to $ 135 per 1000, in Federal and CCI

Texas by God
05-08-2022, 01:50 PM
LP, SR, and SP primers at Alpine range yesterday.$12.49 per 100. I'm only short on LR and they didn't have any. I bought my first bag of shot since back when we still had quail- quite a price increase since 1980!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk