PDA

View Full Version : Large rifle primers spotted in the wild!!! Change of shorts needed.

M1fuzz
05-05-2022, 09:43 PM
Local Scheels had 16 bricks of CCI 34 large rifle military primers this evening. A buddy of mine spotted them. $80 a brick w/ no limit. Haven’t seen that many primers in one place w/ no limit and at that price in a long long time. Last time I got CCI 34’s was a couple months ago at Brownell’s w/ 2 per customer limit at $105 a brick. Maybe, just maybe things are easing…..

jmorris
05-06-2022, 12:45 AM
I don’t remember when “a long time” meant 2 years to me. Unless I was waiting on the non bathroom side of the door.

I do know it seems just like yesterday that I was paying $99/5000 for them but receipts tell me that was 7 years ago.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
05-06-2022, 06:12 AM
Ah yes, the $20/1k primers. Times were good back then lol

Half Dog
05-06-2022, 06:56 AM
Ha, great post. I too reflect, with a smile, when I was paying ~$25/1000.

jmorris
05-06-2022, 09:35 AM
I also remember Ruger 10-22 50 round plastic magazines costing $150 (more that the rifles were going for) after Clinton signed the AWB and people paying $100 for 30 round AR mags and $2000 for $600 AR’s when Obama was POTUS (sold a Dillon 650 on eBay for $1840, myself after he was re-elected). Doesn’t take long to notice the trend.

Sane prices came back when they left office a longer delay for the AWB to sunset but even today a 30 round mag can be had cheaper than a drive through burger.

“New Normal” is the term they want everyone to repeat, slogans like that are intended to deflect blame from those responsible for the elevated prices and have people say “well, that’s just the way it’s going to be from now on.” You know, like the 33% that approve of our current POTUS, job performance. None of them could name a single accomplishment, yet approve despite all of the harmful actions and inactions his administration has made for our Country. “New Normal” is how you make blind followers.

Not unlike Obama calling everyone that said $2 a gallon gas was possible, a liar. As long as he was in power and making the decisions that drove prices, he was correct.

Anybody who says that they’ve got some magic bullet to get oil, gas prices down to 2 bucks a gallon aren’t telling the truth.

President Obama, 3-13-2012

^ That’s basically saying “the good old days are not coming back, they are gone forever. Yet in March of 2020 and a different POTUS, the national average was $1.86…

Then there are those that say shortages didn’t last as long or prices didn’t get this bad, during previous panics.

Did any of them have trillions of unearned dollars handed out to suck up everything in sight without any pain in the wallet? Not that I know of. It’s well documented fact that people spend more money if purchasing with a credit card than if they pay with cash. Counting those dollars out hurts more than swiping a card. How easy does that make people waste money that they didn’t have to do anything for?

The current political powers have created this “perfect storm” of events. It would be silly to think things would stay the same under opposing leadership, it would certainly be worse or better. Historically, the good times in the firearms world are those times when Democrats are not in power.