PDA

View Full Version : Primer Source?

rustyshooter
05-02-2022, 03:34 PM
Came across this online. After seeing prices the way they have been this almost seems TGTBT. $55 for 1000 #400’s Anyone have any dealings with them before I dump about $1000 dollars on primers. They say their limit is $215.

https://federalprimershop.com/

Winger Ed.
05-02-2022, 03:46 PM
The Scam Detector web site gives it the lowest rating they have.
Over 53 different factors- their score is .6 out of 100

dannyd
05-02-2022, 03:47 PM
it's fake; never buy online if they don't take Visa or Mastercard.

BP Dave
05-02-2022, 03:48 PM
I'd suggest at least Googling their street address. Oh wait, what street address?

bangerjim
05-02-2022, 06:38 PM
Smells of rotten fish!

DO NOT lose your hard-earned money on those clowns.

BUYER BEWARE!:shock:

rancher1913
05-02-2022, 07:47 PM
but yet you hawk the expansion industries deal that took a lot of people to the cleaners, you sure your not one of the owners :confused:

lawdog941
05-02-2022, 07:55 PM
Only takes Zelle, Apple Pay, Cash App, Bitcoin, etc. Big flag, can't contest the charges and not refundable.

bangerjim
05-02-2022, 09:34 PM
but yet you hawk the expansion industries deal that took a lot of people to the cleaners, you sure your not one of the owners :confused:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!! I was only saying I had good luck with them. Many did not. That's the luck of the draw, I guess. Win some loose some.

AND............................they took credit cards, so I had a guarantee there, as did everybody else on here that complained.

dverna
05-02-2022, 11:25 PM
Excellent point about using credit cards. You are well protected.

rustyshooter
05-03-2022, 06:23 PM
If it seems TGTBT……….. glad I trusted my instincts. I too was suspicious of no way to pay by cc.

ACC
05-05-2022, 05:52 PM
What about this place is it on the up and up?

https://zincpoint.com/

ACC

farmbif
05-05-2022, 06:30 PM
at least they have an address and phone number and price is in line with what the big places have posted on their sites. there is a recent thread here somewhere about those primers from South America
I have no idea if they are real or legit. did you put address in google to a view of what the place is. roadside view or whatever it is.
can you pay by credit card so if it is scam you can get your account credited?

im curious, so I looked closely at photo of "7.62x51 brand new primed cases"
I can only see the base of one shell and it has a primer in it that has a firing pin impression in it clear as day.
generic picture? why?
might ask them about this if you give them a call.
if they are for real and they got a container full of primers from South America they sure are making a small fortune at those prices. just my opinion.

ACC
05-06-2022, 02:44 PM
Scam Detector gives zincpoint a 85.8/100 .

ACC

Shawlerbrook
05-06-2022, 03:29 PM
These scam sites are epidemic when searching to buy almost anything these days. I will not deal with any online site that I cannot either recognize or confirm another way. And ditto on avoiding sites that only want Venmo or some other cash app.

MrWolf
05-07-2022, 09:54 AM
Excellent point about using credit cards. You are well protected.

Just resolved an issue with a vendor that I had used a credit card to pay for. Disputes can take a MINIMUM of three to four months and can go for about a year. I finally got lucky after almost four months that the vendor finally relented. Disputes are not quick and seem to be in vendor's favor, but are better than no protection at all.

GnMan
05-27-2022, 07:29 PM
DO NOT buy from that site. After doing my matrix search the domain is registered to a tnet.hk site. That site is out of the country and looks Chinese, not sure.

Walter Laich
05-30-2022, 03:04 PM
if you go to very bottom and click on facebook or twitter you come right back to same site

bogus to be sure

rustyshooter
06-04-2022, 11:38 PM
Was able to stop in Buckley, WV at Bridgeport Equipment and Tool. Got 1000 small pistol primers for $100. Sad part is I’ve got myself talked into the fact that I got a “deal”. I think last time I bought primers a sleeve of 5000 LR primers was $150. smh I guess I’ll just keep going like I did when .22 LR ammo was “scarce” when Obama got in. It’s all creepy Joe’s fault lol

dryflash3
06-08-2022, 02:02 AM

That's the tell not taking cards, and the price is too good to be true.

ACC
06-08-2022, 11:41 PM
Came across this online. After seeing prices the way they have been this almost seems TGTBT. $55 for 1000 #400’s Anyone have any dealings with them before I dump about $1000 dollars on primers. They say their limit is $215.

https://federalprimershop.com/

This place is a domain of http://www.eranet.com which is an Eastern European domain hoster. Run an Whois program. It will tell you. It seems that http://www.eranet.com is the largest fake web page host on the web.

Hope this helps.

ACC

Bmi48219
06-10-2022, 11:34 PM

For my own peace of mind I only use Amex for online purchases. Nothing against Visa or the other CCs but since I’m going to pay it off as soon as it shows up on my statement (usually a month or more) there’s no interest fee. I’ve never had an issue with contesting a charge and getting a credit, usually in less than 6 weeks.
I had purchased nine round trip tickets to Italy seven months in advance and two months before travel to anywhere was shutdown. When it became apparent the trip wasn’t going to happen the airline jerked me around for three weeks. That was when I called American Express and received a full credit on my next statement.
Some businesses won’t accept Amex and I understand why. Amex levies a higher than normal charge to businesses for accepting their card. But I can’t complain about their customer support.

jonp
06-11-2022, 07:12 AM
What about this place is it on the up and up?

https://zincpoint.com/

ACC

Not sure if legit but at least at $9/100 the price is in range of everyone else not some TGTBT screaming deal however, the $44 HazMat fee is a little steep. Takes it up to $13.50 or so per 100 which is high. If you buy then I'd get 1000 to try them out first then go for a bunch. On the plus side you can order up to 1,000,000 and be set for a couple of years.

They do show an address, phone number and a google map view of their place of business. Wish someone on here lived down that way and would visit to see if legit. They claim to be a leading online seller but I've never heard of them or seen them mentioned and all of the reviews are from the last couple of months which is odd for a company that claims to have been in business several years.

jonp
06-11-2022, 07:14 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!! I was only saying I had good luck with them. Many did not. That's the luck of the draw, I guess. Win some loose some.

AND............................they took credit cards, so I had a guarantee there, as did everybody else on here that complained.

I got the powder and still have almost 8lbs. I just wasn't impressed with the bait and switch raising price thing. Good powder, though